Which Superhero will hit the magic #4 film next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess technically, since First Class recognizes X-Men and X-Men United and works as a prequel with that continuity in mind.

I'm not familiar with this. I thought First Class tossed it all out the window. How does it recognize X1 & X3, but not X2??

Well if you are going by the number of times an actor played the same comic character in a franchise or series of related franchises, seems that the tie goes to Sam Jackson's Fury and Agent Coulson.

The Wolverine, the new film, is a reboot. That's what I was talking about. And until he has 4 solo film credits to his name, won't meet the criteria. X-Men as a whole will have it in 2014 though, once the sequel for First Class hits.

Otherwise, by your rational, Iron Man would also have it already. IM, IM2, TIH and Avengers. But then so would Agent Coulson and Nick Fury who don't even have their own films. :lol

:nono:nono:nono

no, no no no,
little stupid cameos Marvel does do not count, plus those two Coulson and Fury are not even main characters, that was just Marvel's little clever way to connecting all movies,
Iron man has been played 3 times, main character in same universe by the same actor, when Iron man 3 comes out he will be the second super hero that makes 4 movies.

Wolverine is the first
but Wolverine was played by the same guy in 4 movies that connect to each other, same universe, I dont care what anyone says Wolverine is the prequel to X men 1, it had some of the X men as kids,
It was the main character of the movies played by the same actor in the same universe, no reboot no remake.... :slap

wolverine is the first...

:nono:nono:nono

no, no no no,
little stupid cameos Marvel does do not count, plus those two Coulson and Fury are not even main characters, that was just Marvel's little clever way to connecting all movies,
Iron man has been played 3 times, main character in same universe by the same actor, when Iron man 3 comes out he will be the second super hero that makes 4 movies.

Wolverine is the first
but Wolverine was played by the same guy in 4 movies that connect to each other, same universe, I dont care what anyone says Wolverine is the prequel to X men 1, it had some of the X men as kids,
It was the main character of the movies played by the same actor in the same universe, no reboot no remake.... :slap

wolverine is the first...

I think what people are trying to point out to you, is the fact you don't seem to understand Nova's criteria. Its like someone asking you what the latest issue number of Wolverine is and you reply by adding up the X titles. Doesn't meet the criteria that was set forth in the original post.

I think what people are trying to point out to you, is the fact you don't seem to understand Nova's criteria. Its like someone asking you what the latest issue number of Wolverine is and you reply by adding up the X titles. Doesn't meet the criteria that was set forth in the original post.

I see
then the criteria contradicts itself
the question is what superhero will be in 4 of the same movies that could be wolverine,

but the criteria then asks the movies have to be all follow ups of the first movie, a continuation, exact same circumstances,
which is kinda impossible since franchises always change writers, directors, prequels get made, sequels get made years later,

Blade, if they make a new blade with Wesley Snipes I dont think it would follow the third one exactly, it might change things,
but
well if that is the case then There is another superhero that has done this consecutive movies in the same timeline

resident_evil_alice_abernathy.jpg

I'm not familiar with this. I thought First Class tossed it all out the window. How does it recognize X1 & X3, but not X2??

You have the names mixed up. Last Stand was the 3rd movie, United was X2. :wink1:

First Class recognizes the continuity between the first two X-Men films making it technically the third but chronologically the first in that series with the sequel being the second fleshing the "continuity" franchise out to the 4th X-Men film.

@ Mr. Delusional: Origins: Wolverine wouldn't count toward anything since it's all but been abandoned and the new film is a reboot. Same would go for X3 as well since it's not being recognized either. The Wolverine is a stand-alone picture which would be his first solo outing under his own banner (remember Origins is getting ignored) and therefore not count toward the thread title's conditions.

You have the names mixed up. Last Stand was the 3rd movie, United was X2. :wink1:

First Class recognizes the continuity between the first two X-Men films making it technically the third but chronologically the first in that series with the sequel being the second fleshing the "continuity" franchise out to the 4th X-Men film.

@ Mr. Delusional: Origins: Wolverine wouldn't count toward anything since it's all but been abandoned and the new film is a reboot. Same would go for X3 as well since it's not being recognized either. The Wolverine is a stand-alone picture which would be his first solo outing under his own banner (remember Origins is getting ignored) and therefore not count toward the thread title's conditions.

but what about the young x men that were shown in wolverine origins?
it's not a stand alone movie because of that,
people might want to ignore bad movies all they want, a movie sucks and then people just want to ignore it, like Alien3, but the fact is wolverine connects to x men, even if everyone wish it never existed

Well if you are going by the number of times an actor played the same comic character in a franchise or series of related franchises, seems that the tie goes to Sam Jackson's Fury and Agent Coulson.

Michael Gough also played "Alfred" in four consecutive Batman movies prior to Fury and Coulson. I think Commissioner Gordon was played by the same actor in all those movies as well.

but what about the young x men that were shown in wolverine origins?
it's not a stand alone movie because of that,
people might want to ignore bad movies all they want, a movie sucks and then people just want to ignore it, like Alien3, but the fact is wolverine connects to x men, even if everyone wish it never existed

No, it's a stand alone movie because Hollywood and the star have walked away from it. As far as X-Men continuity is concerned, in any capacity, Origins never happened. So you can stomp and scream all you want, the movie, as with X-Men Last Stand are ignored as far as continuity goes. Your flawed thinking would include Daredevil as an Electra movie, which it is not. :lol

Nobody's arguing that by the time The Wolverine hits theatres, Jackman will have played him a total of 6 times, but the problem is that as far as continuity is concerned, he will have played him thrice in the X-Men movie continuity (X1, X2 and X:FC - cameo), twice in pictures ignored in continuity (X3 and XMO:W) and once in what is essentially a reboot, The Wolverine. None of that lines up to a comprehensible #4 as set forth in the conditions of the OP. Maybe in your imagination, but not reality. :lol

Last edited:
No, it's a stand alone movie because Hollywood and the star have walked away from it. For X-Men continuity in any capacity, Origins never happened. So you can stomp and scream all you want, the movie, as with X-Men Last Stand are ignored as far as continuity goes. Your flawed thinking would include Elektra as a Daredevil sequel, which it is not. :lol

Yep. Just like the Fantastic Four movies have no part in the X-Men franchise even though they are both from the Marvel universe and both by 20th Century Fox.

Yep. Just like the Fantastic Four movies have no part in the X-Men franchise even though they are both from the Marvel universe and both by 20th Century Fox.

Well ____, using blackmask's flawed logic, how many movies has Stan Lee hit then? There's your answer! :lol:lol:lol:rotfl

completely cutting off Wolverine because fans whine and the studio is embarrassed
doesnt mean Hugh Jackman didn't play wolverine 4 times already, he did, that's a fact, fact is Hugh Jackman played the same character 4 times, even if the studios and the fans want to erased origins from ever existing, Yes I know according to you guys Origins is in another universe, or another galaxy or another reality, Whatever, the fact is The Same actor played Wolverine 4 times,

Nova is asking about a continuation of the same story, Yes that has not happened yet, so this thread or the title is flawed

completely cutting off Wolverine because fans whine and the studio is embarrassed
doesnt mean Hugh Jackman didn't play wolverine 4 times already, he did, that's a fact, fact is Hugh Jackman played the same character 4 times, even if the studios and the fans want to erased origins from ever existing, Yes I know according to you guys Origins is in another universe, or another galaxy or another reality, Whatever, the fact is The Same actor played Wolverine 4 times,

Nova is asking about a continuation of the same story, Yes that has not happened yet, so this thread or the title is flawed

He played him 5 times already BTW, not 4, but not to the tune of 5 consecutive sequels. What is it about that, that you're incapable of comprehending? :cuckoo:

Do you see Daredevil as an Elektra movie since she was in that but went on to star in her own solo film?

He played him 5 times already BTW, not 4, but not to the tune of 5 consecutive sequels. What is it about that, that you're incapable of comprehending? :cuckoo:

Do you see Daredevil as an Elektra movie since she was in that but went on to star in her own solo film?

Elektra doesnt count in your example because Daredevil was not in it,

I'm only talking about the times the same actor played the same character,
and YES Jennifer Garner DID play Elektra Twice, even if they are different movies and they don't connect, the same character was played by the same actress, Elektra is not a sequel to Daredevil, But the same person played the same character, that's a fact

that's what I'm saying about Wolverine, even if origins doesnt connect to X men, it is still the same actor playing the same character,
no one really has done that, Batman was played by different people, most super heroes always change, the actor changes,
but for Wolverine to be played by the same guy 4 times, that has to count for something no? even if the movies are not connected,
even if they dont follow each other, even if Origins is from another universe, I think it counts that they didn't change the actor,

Elektra doesnt count in your example because Daredevil was not in it,

I'm only talking about the times the same actor played the same character,
and YES Jennifer Garner DID play Elektra Twice, even if they are different movies and they don't connect, the same character was played by the same actress, Elektra is not a sequel to Daredevil, But the same person played the same character, that's a fact

that's what I'm saying about Wolverine, even if origins doesnt connect to X men, it is still the same actor playing the same character,
no one really has done that, Batman was played by different people, most super heroes always change, the actor changes,
but for Wolverine to be played by the same guy 4 times, that has to count for something no? even if the movies are not connected,
even if they dont follow each other, even if Origins is from another universe, I think it counts that they didn't change the actor,

But look at the title: "the magic #4 film." Your explanation for Elektra perfectly describes my explanation of Wolverine. Despite the same actor playing the same character, they're not consistently linked to the other films therefore don't even count as a sequel or a prequel.

Lol...no I was just joking.

Thought maybe you were just a die hard Ghost Rider fan. :lol

Actually that came out wrong, cause I love Ghost Rider, just wish they could make him some better movies. :monkey2

Back