Which Superhero will hit the magic #4 film next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Film series tend to come in Three's, a trilogy with a beginning, middle and end.

As of now Cristopher Reeve as Superman is the first and currently only actor to surpass the three solo films standard.

So i was wondering who will become the second superhero character to hit the fourth concecutive solo film with the same cast of characters and progressing story?

As of now there's been...

• Four Superman films with Christopher Reeve
  • Three Blade films with Wesley Snipes
  • Three X-Men films with the same cast
  • Three Spider-man films with Tobey Maguire
  • Three Batman films with Christian Bale
  • Two Batman films with Michael Keaton
  • Two Fantastic Four films with the same cast
  • Two Iron Man films with Robert Downey Jr (another on the way)
  • One X-Men First Class film with the same cast (another on the way
  • One Wolverine film with Hugh Jackman
  • One Captain America film with Chris Evans (another on the way)
  • One Thor film (another on the way)
  • One Amazing Spider-Man film with Andrew Garfield (another on the way)
  • One Green Lantern film with Ryan Reynolds
  • One Hulk film with Eric Bana
  • One Hulk film with Edward Norton
  • One Watchmen film with the same cast
  • One Batman film with Val Kilmer
  • One Batman film with George Clooney

THE RULES:

1. same actor playing the same MAIN character. Cameos don't count
  2. Solo films or team films definitively, so no mixing up appearance between the two, either four solo films or four team films for the actor as the character.
  3. The story has be progressive, so prequels and reboots don't count.
  4. Same continuity

Last edited:
I think Wolverine pretty much counts as a 4th X-men for Hugh Jackman.

But yeah I'd say Downey Jnr will hit 4. If you were to count Avengers he'd already be at 4 with Iron Man 3.

I would like to see RDJ return for Ironman 4, 5 and 6 and Avengers 2.

Oh and I think Ironman 4 and Batman 4 are most likely. We want RDJ to return for more Ironman movies and Bale hinted an interest to return as Bats as well.

Last edited:
I would like to see RDJ return for Ironman 4, 5 and 6 and Avengers 2.

Oh and I think Ironman 4 and Batman 4 are most likely. We want RDJ to return for more Ironman movies and Bale hinted an interest to return as Bats as well.

Batman wouldn't be with Bale though, so it doesn't count.

I'm pretty sure that they'll film 4 Nighthawk movies back to back when they realize what a horrible mistake they've made not making any movies about him yet. So, that will be it.

Batman wouldn't be with Bale though, so it doesn't count.

Never know, it could. Bale has said multiple times that if Nolan somehow continued or came up with a new story he'd be more than happy to join.

I mean yeah, right now it's unlikely (especially with an alleged reboot in the horizon) but you never know. Even with Nolan being done, suppose the right director came in and an enticing story and offer came Bale's way, who knows? He did Terminator Salvation.

I think Wolverine pretty much counts as a 4th X-men for Hugh Jackman.

But yeah I'd say Downey Jnr will hit 4. If you were to count Avengers he'd already be at 4 with Iron Man 3.

And Iron Man 3 as a 4th for Robert Downey Jr. too.

As a progreessing story (Wolverine is prequel kindof) solo (Avengers is a team spin-off) film :wave

_______

Right now Iron Man is the closest as Bale doesn'r look likely to continue as Bats.

But you never know Snipes could return for a Blade film

I'd say this will definitely be it for Nolan and Bale's Batman, regardless of the inevitable commercial blockbusterdom of TDKR. And I think the studio will be happy to reboot, with a return to a slightly more fantastical, Justice League-compatible Batman.

Batman's getting rebooted and The Wolverine is being considered as a reboot as well. And we won't be seeing IM4 until post Avengers 2. I guess technically, since First Class recognizes X-Men and X-Men United and works as a prequel with that continuity in mind, the sequel in 2014 will make it the first franchise to have 4 "official" films. But if we're going by actual "#4" then it's definitely Iron Man.

Even if Wolverine is a prequel, is the SAME actor playing the SAME character

Iron man IS the SAME exact character in Avengers as in his 2 movies,
How is avengers as spin off when they were building up the avengers in every movie...

Wolverine, same thing, he has done 4 movies as Wolverine, they are the same character the same actor and the movies are connected, wolverine was not a reboot or remake, it as a prequel and it is connected to the other movies,

I say wolverine is the first one to make it to 4 movies right now

Well if you are going by the number of times an actor played the same comic character in a franchise or series of related franchises, seems that the tie goes to Sam Jackson's Fury and Agent Coulson.

Even if Wolverine is a prequel, is the SAME actor playing the SAME character

Iron man IS the SAME exact character in Avengers as in his 2 movies,
How is avengers as spin off when they were building up the avengers in every movie...

Wolverine, same thing, he has done 4 movies as Wolverine, they are the same character the same actor and the movies are connected, wolverine was not a reboot or remake, it as a prequel and it is connected to the other movies,

I say wolverine is the first one to make it to 4 movies right now

The Wolverine, the new film, is a reboot. That's what I was talking about. And until he has 4 solo film credits to his name, won't meet the criteria. X-Men as a whole will have it in 2014 though, once the sequel for First Class hits.

Otherwise, by your rational, Iron Man would also have it already. IM, IM2, TIH and Avengers. But then so would Agent Coulson and Nick Fury who don't even have their own films. :lol

The last time I watched Superman Returns I found myself mentally swapping out Routh for Reeve. I still think that movie gets too much hate.

Downey did a cameo in Hulk, so we could count him for five films. But there's little doubt Disney will be offering Downey a very big check to do 4,5 and A2. He will be the next to hit 4 solo films.

Back