Whose portrayal of Batman is your favorite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite portrayal of Batman?

• Adam West

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 58 29.7%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Christian bale

Votes: 108 55.4%

• Total voters
I voted Kilmer just to ____ with people although he wasn't better or worse than Keaton or Clooney IMHO.

I would have gone with Conroy as well.

IMHO:

Superman - Tim Daly
Batman - Kevin Conroy
Spider-Man - Christopher Daniel Barnes.

Nuff' Said.

I like Bale's Bruce Wayne the most. His Batman was great in Begins, but not as good in TDK. No one does Batman as good as the comics, so in a way they all fail.

(I've never seen BTAS, and in the one episode I've seen, he wasn't so hot. But, my favorite cartoon portrayal was the fourth segment of Gotham Knight, and Conroy rocked. So...I need to go buy season 1 of BTAS.)

Voted for Keaton of course. Bale makes an ok Bruce/Bats.

Never got the Conroy thing. That's just cartoon voice over work and doesn't really show the range like live action IMHO.

I've seen more animated features where the animator teamed up with a brillant voice actor shows more range and emotion and 90% of the live action actors today.

Clooney looks the most like the ideal Bruce Wayne imo and his strong jawline looked good with the mask but that script and Schumacher sabotaged any potential.

The hands down best Bats so far has been the CGI incarnation with Conroys voice in Arkham Asylum.
That is THE Batman.

Danny Pudi.

communitybatman.jpg

For me it's Christian Bale as he portrays all three of Wayne's personalities perfectly for me. The troubled and damaged Bruce Wayne looking for a normal life, The pretend Bruce, who is a brash Playboy, and Batman who strikes fear into his enemies.

I've liked every actors version its the movie as a whole that gets me. I was a kid when all those Batman movies from the 90s were out and I enjoyed them for what they were. Of course I like Christopher Nolan's films the best now that I'm an adult,but I don't hate the other movies.

Last edited:
Bale is good but the raspy voice he does with the bat suit on drives me nuts for some reason.and to be honest i thought Heath sucked as the Joker.the joker was always a prankster .they made the Joker a straight up loon .like shooting the guy in the face with a double barrel ,I guess I am old school and liked the older shows better .now Danny Devito was great as the penguin

Dont worry, i know what you mean. I thought ledger was really good at what he was doing, but he wasnt the joker to me. Just a random psycho. He didnt have that joker playfulness from the comics. WAYYY overrated.

But thats not what the threads about so i dont wanna derail it. I voted for bale, but it was kinda hard between him and keaton. I grew up with keaton as batman and still adore his take and think it was awesome. However, if im fair, i think bales is much closer to the comics and the way i think batman should be. Moreso in batman begins than the dark knight, i thought he was perfect in begins. Like dinolast said, showing all three personalities, playboy bruce, emotionally damaged bruce, and batman.

none! dean winchester

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/87-JZMoe7-4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/87-JZMoe7-4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Too hard to choose.

Conroy is fantastic, but he delivered the voice (a great one at that), the rest was up to the animators. Combined, I think they make the ideal Batman, atleast my ideal Batman but it's not really fair to compare BTAS Batman to the live action versions.

The film actors had to portray Batman/Bruce Wayne with vocals, looks, in the Bat-suit, as Bruce Wayne, and other acting ranges for the on screen character.

So for me, Conroy, or more importantly "BTAS" Batman is in a league of it's own. My favorite "Batman" but in non-live action form.

For me, it's a toss up between Christian Bale and Michael Keaton. I should note however I prefer their FIRST performances as Batman. Bale in Begins and Keaton in Batman.

Bale in TDK annoys me and there are only a few parts where I enjoy Keaton as Batman in Returns. It's like both actors were either trying too hard or were bored. That along with Bale's ridiculous nasal growls and Keaton's ____ faced grin after strapping a bomb to a thug make me root for the villians, Ledger Joker, Penguin and Catwoman even more.

Christian Bale is fantastic as Bruce Wayne/Batman in Begins, I thought he was the perfect choice to portray the character in '04/'05. We were shown Batman, two versions of Wayne, and he had a wide range of other likeable traits as Batman. It felt like we were along for his journey in becoming Batman, following him in the prison camps, to flashbacks as a child, to the training to become Batman. The film was a great origin story/Batman movie because of Bruce Wayne and we knew more of him than the previous films.

Michael Keaton portrayed a neurotic, anti-social Batman. Really mysterious and full of angst. As Bruce Wayne, he kind of had a childish, Clark Kent thing going on, like he COULDN'T or didn't want to be Bruce Wayne. He preferred being Batman and his attitude completely changed. Surveying the city in front of dozens of monitors, having a hard nosed, no nonsense look on life. It was great. He was essentially THE Batman throughout the film, with "Bruce Wayne" being the mask.

Conroy is king because I love BTAS and Keaton and Bale are interchangeable depending on what type of Batman/Bruce Wayne I want to see.

batmanmodelsheet1.jpg

MichaelKeatonBatman.jpg

christian-bale-batman.jpg

Last edited:
Back