Which batman is better ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to like Both Nolan and Burton? They are too different interpretations.

.... but if you say you prefer Schumacher's... then you definitely have no sense in cinema. lol

² I like the 2 approaches on the character yes :)

my favorate movies of the franchise are even
1) TDK
2) Returns
and they are both the darkest movies of the 2 different interpreations on the character, so yess, it is possible :)
I could watch both movies over and over again.

Non-sense, not concerning art. Some poeple like Van Gogh better than Rembrandt, ewho is right here? Some people prefer Beethoven over Mozart, who is right here? I think both will agree though that Eminem makes trash. Some things are just great with different qualities while other things are undeniably bad.

yess, a culture snob, I hate those guys...trying to impress other that they have taste and that their taste is the only good taste :rolleyes:
For the record, Beethoven and Mozart couldn't do what Eminem can do, and visa versa :) so what the ^^^^ is up with you to compare two completely different styles from two worlds apart? :rolleyes:

Once again, why did you register on this board? :rolleyes: If you are so in to Beethoven, Mozart, Van Gogh, Rembrandt, etc, why even bother to register on a ^^^^ing comic-book - mainstream movie - collectibles based forum? I just do not get it...

But since you are into alternative cinema, what did you think of the movie: Anyway The Wind Blows ? I would like to hear your expert opinion on that.

I actually watch these movies, i hate people that only pretend to watch them. My brother loves cinema and makes me watch them. Believe me i don't find them always that interesting and sometimes i'd rather watch an Adam Sandler comedy:lol. But i do recognize the art and most of them are really great and interesting to me.

aha! so you really ARE a snob! you just pretend to have a lot of interest in those movies, but from your own you wouldn't even take the time to watch those very alternative movies.

someone who admits he would actually rather watch an Adam Sandler movie just showed his real face of taste :) there you go...

I mentioned that both people with good taste wether they like Beethoven or Mozart would think of Eminem as trash. I do think that some truths about art are absolute. You can't say that Mozart is bad if you know what you are talking about but you can say that Eminem is bad.

so how the ^^^^ can you say in music that mozart is good + eminem is bad
AND in cinema you still prefer, by heart, Adam Sandler over your alternative directors?

your nothing more than a hoax

Last edited:
Right::banghead, hitler was one of those people that ^^^^ed up the world because he had poor taste and no sense of virtues. I'm talking about people who can beyond their own ego and judge with compassion. Let's face it the lower "arts'' stimulate us to be immoral beasts (again an extreme not TDK), people that engage in that kind of thought should not decide anything for others!

haha, you are doing just that: "people who can beyond their own ego and judge with compassion"

you are trying soo hard to convince us that you have good taste, that is even worse than somebody who has poor taste :) that person at least got some kind of taste and does not judge others peoples taste. He at least has passion for this own taste...if he sees later on his taste wasn't that good, he still can change.
But you, you are a fake!

And one thing I hate the most: people who say what other people have to like and dislike.

Free thought or decadence? I don't think people with such taste should have voices or be allowed to vote. only if their taste doesn't affect their sense of universal virtues or intelligence and this is highly unlikely. They are the reason this world is ^^^^ed up.

so what is your solution for the ^^^^ed up world? segregation, termination, extinction, ...? seems there are no other choises than those huh?

and who would you like to get rid off? the beethoven-lovers or the eminem/spears lovers?

who are you to say wich taste is good and wich is bad?

what makes you so sure that the world would be a better place with only beethoven lovers ?

weren't you the one who "loved" alternative cinema BUT also wanted to wach an "adam sandler" movie :rolleyes:
but how can you watch adam sandler in a world where the adam sandler movies are all terminated?

So I suggest you go sit somewhere and thing everthing all over and than appologise for your foolishness here, because frankly you are starting to become an assault on that what you want us to believe you stand for: artistic freedom.
If there is one aspect of human life where there are no boundaries, where everything is free to think, believe, say and do as they choose, it is in artistics in all its aspects.

Anybody with a great horizon in arts would agree, but like I already could see, you are just a show off who likes to make us believe he has a broad horizon.

Last edited:
=Riko;1078865]yess, a culture snob, I hate those guys...trying to impress other that they have taste and that their taste is the only good taste :rolleyes:
For the record, Beethoven and Mozart couldn't do what Eminem can do, and visa versa :) so what the ^^^^ is up with you to compare two completely different styles from two worlds apart? :rolleyes:

Seriously dude i wasn't going to get in to this anymore but i guess i have to. I'm sure Beethoven would have been able to rhyme some bull^^^^ together and no, talentless hack Eminem can't be compared with Beethoven:lol. A guy that could compose the most complicated stuff while being DEAF!

once again, why did you register on this board? :rolleyes: If you are so in to Beethoven, Mozart, Van Gogh, Rembrandt, etc, why even bother to register on a ^^^^ing comic-book - mainstream movie - collectibles based forum? I just do not get it...

I'm into Beethoven not really into Rembrandt, Van Gogh etc..i just used them as an example. I'm also into Kong, Predator, The crow etc..and i collect stuff from these movies. Anything wrong with that?

But since you are into alternative cinema, what did you think of the movie: Anyway The Wind Blows ? I would like to hear your expert opinion on that.

Haven't seen it.

aha! so you really ARE a snob! you just pretend to have a lot of interest in those movies, but from your own you wouldn't even take the time to watch those very alternative movies.

Yes i would, just not all of them all the time pfffft:rolleyes:..I said i liked mainstream aswell.

someone who admits he would actually rather watch an Adam Sandler movie just showed his real face of taste :) there you go...

I hate it when people read posts only to distort them. After work (^^^^ty jobs) sometimes you want to watch something stupid and lighthearted to get your mind of of things. That doesn't mean i like Adam Sandler movies more:rolleyes:.

so how the ^^^^ can you say in music that mozart is good + eminem is bad
AND in cinema you still prefer, by heart, Adam Sandler over your alternative directors?

I don't idiot, stop dragging my comments out of context. Let's say you have to judge wine for a living, you love wine. Sometimes however you just want a cold glass of Cola because it's an easy drink and you don't need to think about the taste just relax and drink it. Clear enough for you?

your nothing more than a hoax

Don't pretend you know me. Especially not some guy who comes from the same country that has produced Urbanus.

AGAIN:
Ok, my untolerant BS is already starting to bother me badly. I hate snobs and DO NOT want to become one. I love my fellow freaks here. Mods feel free to delete previous posts, whatever. Love TDK, love Hamlet, love Eminem WHO THE ^^^^ CARES!

Last edited:
Don't pretend you know me. Especially not some guy who comes from the same country that has produced Urbanus.

what is wrong with Urbanus? I hope nothing, because he is the "Van Gogh" and the "Beethoven" of comics here in the low countries...

if you ignore that, you also do not have taste in humor. (I suppose you are from Europe or you at least know the work of Urbanus)

that is just one example you quote, when refering to comics, we also have Tintin, wich Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson would direct...just to say, we got all kinds of comics, from the Eminem level to the Beethoven-level :rolleyes: for people without taste, for people with taste, and for people who want to pretend they have taste

=Riko;1078873]haha, you are doing just that: "people who can beyond their own ego and judge with compassion"

Umm, thank you:banghead. THAT IS A GOOD THING.

you are trying soo hard to convince us that you have good taste, that is even worse than somebody who has poor taste :)

Why? If you have good taste you can surely mention it:rolleyes:.

that person at least got some kind of taste and does not judge others peoples taste.

They don't? Wake up really.

He at least has passion for this own taste...

They do? I think not, most of these things are the equivalent of fastfood, not that much passion goes into it or gets created by it.

if he sees later on his taste wasn't that good, he still can change.
But you, you are a fake!

Again you have no ground for this, you just read a part of my post the way you wanted to read it. I already explained myself. Everything is probably black or white to you, no grey areas.

And one thing I hate the most: people who say what other people have to like and dislike.

Yeah me to. Doesn't mean i respect their taste though.

so what is your solution for the ^^^^ed up world? segregation, termination, extinction, ...? seems there are no other choises than those huh?

Maybe not in your twisted mind. The media should stop rotting up the minds of the youth with fear and insecurity, that would be a start. Although extinction would not be a bad idea.

and who would you like to get rid off? the beethoven-lovers or the eminem/spears lovers?

No one. If i had to choose i'd get rid of the eminem/spears lovers if they are adults and still listen to that retarded ^^^^ that is.

who are you to say wich taste is good and wich is bad?

A person that says wich taste is good and wich is bad.

what makes you so sure that the world would be a better place with only beethoven lovers ?

I'm not, i'm only guessing.

weren't you the one who "loved" alternative cinema BUT also wanted to wach an "adam sandler" movie :rolleyes:

yes

but how can you watch adam sandler in a world where the adam sandler movies are all terminated?

Sandler movies are harmles stupid fun, enough room for that. No room for Eminem and Grand Theft auto in my view.

So I suggest you go sit somewhere and thing everthing all over and than appologise for your foolishness here, because frankly you are starting to become an assault on that what you want us to believe you stand for: artistic freedom.

Already apologized but you seem to ignore that. Not for the reasons you mentioned though because you don't know what you are talking about. I don't stand for artistic freedom, some overtly offence ^^^^ may be banned. We don't need neo-nazi art for example. In regard to that i would say ^^^^ artistic freedom and burn the ^^^^.

If there is one aspect of human life where there are no boundaries, where everything is free to think, believe, say and do as they choose, it is in artistics in all its aspects.

That's you opinion not mine, read the example above.

Anybody with a great horizon in arts would agree.

Allot of great artist detest immoral art.

but like I already could see, you are just a show off who likes to make us believe he has a broad horizon.

I am? Will have to do some exploration regarding myself because some omniscient random poster on the freaks board knows everything about me from reading 2-3 posts. Why don't you just admitt that your pissed because i insulted your little nolan sludge?

This guy was so annoying and tried to attack character instead of content so i just had to correct the young lad.

for the rest

Ok, my untolerant BS is already starting to bother me badly. I hate snobs and DO NOT want to become one. I love my fellow freaks here. . Love TDK, love Hamlet, love Eminem WHO THE ^^^^ CARES! It's not all that important in the end.

Last edited:
Bale hands down.No contest.

If I recall correctly in Batman returns Keaton says something along the lines of "eat floor,high fiber" to Catwoman before he slams her head into the floor. If I misquoted him I do apologize, but it has been a long time since I have seen it. But I do know that he said something along those lines.

I don't want Batman using cheap and corny catch phrases like Keaton did. I want him serious and intimidating and aggressive,like Bale. Bale is the only person to play Bruce Wayne and Batman right and the way they should be played.

No doubt Keaton is the best of the original Batmans,but he's in no way better than Bale.

=Riko;1078959]what is wrong with Urbanus? I hope nothing, because he is the "Van Gogh" and the "Beethoven" of comics here in the low countries...

I'm sure you think that:lol.

if you ignore that, you also do not have taste in humor. (I suppose you are from Europe or you at least know the work of Urbanus)

To call Urbanus humorous is an insult to comedic craft.

that is just one example you quote, when refering to comics, we also have Tintin wich Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson would direct...just to say.

Nothing wrong with Tintin, not that i'm interested though.

We got all kinds of comics, from the Eminem level to the Beethoven-level

No comic will ever be up to Beethoven's level.

for people without taste, for people with taste, and for people who want to pretend they have taste

Some people might not like comics:rolleyes:.

=Morbach;1078968]Bale hands down.No contest.

If I recall correctly in Batman returns Keaton says something along the lines of "eat floor,high fiber" to Catwoman before he slams her head into the floor. If I misquoted him I do apologize, but it has been a long time since I have seen it. But I do know that he said something along those lines.

I don't want Batman using cheap and corny catch phrases like Keaton did. I want him serious and intimidating and aggressive,like Bale.

"Nice coat''

"You are gonna love me"

These lines have the same function

Bale is the only person to play Bruce Wayne and Batman right and the way they should be played.

Bruce Wayne and Batman must be boring then.

No doubt Keaton is the best of the original Batmans,but he's in no way better than Bale.

In your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Last edited:
"Nice coat''

"You are gonna love me"

These lines have the same function

Bruce Wayne and Batman must be boring then.

In your opinion and you are entitled to it.

They might have the same function but they aren't as corny. And yes I am intitled to my opinion and you are too. I get that you didn't like tdk and that you think Keaton is better and that's fine 'cause it's your opinion. I don't see why there has to be such hostilities between everybody on this thread. Everybody has their own opinion and that's what it is...our opinions.

Get a batman expert here, i'm sure he killed in the earliest comics.

Of course he killed, he tossed Stryker into a vat of acid in Dectective Comics 27 (1st ever appearance). He kills some vampires a few issues later. He had no problems killing villians early on.

Going back on topic, I prefer Keaton, but just like the comics have many different interpretations of Batman, there is room in the movies for many different views of Batman.

=Morbach;1078989]They might have the same function but they aren't as corny. And yes I am intitled to my opinion and you are too. I get that you didn't like tdk and that you think Keaton is better and that's fine 'cause it's your opinion. I don't see why there has to be such hostilities between everybody on this thread. Everybody has their own opinion and that's what it is...our opinions.

You are right, i'm sorry i ever started this argument. O well must have been because some bleep said i know nothing about cinema for thinking Nolan is bad. I had to correct that.

About the line, i think it is the only one i can remember and don't forget he is talking to catwoman. Their fighting is actually flirting and when batman says stuff like that he is playing with her. They have a twisted relationship:lol.

Of course he killed, he tossed Stryker into a vat of acid in Dectective Comics 27 (1st ever appearance). He kills some vampires a few issues later. He had no problems killing villians early on.

Going back on topic, I prefer Keaton, but just like the comics have many different interpretations of Batman, there is room in the movies for many different views of Batman.

Thanks and yes i agree on the second part of your post.

I'm sure you think that:lol.

To call Urbanus humorous is an insult to comedic craft.
seriously, before I start to tell you how really wrong you are about urbanus I want to know, how do you know him?

if you would know him, that is: if you are an actual european (dutch of flemish) you would not say this...he is an iconic humorist, he is the godfather of comic in the low countries, he is the first one that pushed boundries for all the new talents we have now in The Netherlands and in Belgium (Flanders)

but before making myself tired of explaining all that, I really would like to know what maid you say that. If you would tell this in belgium or in the netherlands, people would really bash your head dude...seriously, what makes you say this about Urbanus?

ow, just saw this on english spoken wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urbanus
I quote:
"He is seen by almost all the Flemish as the father of stand-up comedy; a great allround artist and the best comedian of all times. He can make people laugh just by walking in the room."

seriously, before I start to tell you how really wrong you are about urbanus I want to know, how do you know him?

if you would know him, that is: if you are an actual european (dutch of flemish) you would not say this...he is an iconic humorist, he is the godfather of comic in the low countries, he is the first one that pushed boundries for all the new talents we have now in The Netherlands and in Belgium (Flanders)

but before making myself tired of explaining all that, I really would like to know what maid you say that. If you would tell this in belgium or in the netherlands, people would really bash your head dude...seriously, what makes you say this about Urbanus?

ow, just saw this on english spoken wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urbanus
I quote:
"He is seen by almost all the Flemish as the father of stand-up comedy; a great allround artist and the best comedian of all times. He can make people laugh just by walking in the room."

I'm dutch and no dutchman would bash my brains in for calling Urbanus stupid or unfunny. Wat is er grappig aan urbanus? Dalijk ga je nog zeggen dat Samson en Gert de hoogste en meest fijnzinnige vormen van cultuur uitdragen:

samson%20en%20gert%20foto.gif

Can't this whole thread be deleted, to much negativity (of wich i was a big part) and we already have on of these anyway. Who is the mod?

Back