Which batman is better ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because they think The Dark Knight is great?

NO, NO:lol, i'm talking about extremes here. People that don't respect anything that is made out of beauty and speaks to people that think.

TDK, i just think it's no good and totally unartistic but definately not the thing i am talking about now.

Hitler? You're back?

Right::banghead, hitler was one of those people that ^^^^ed up the world because he had poor taste and no sense of virtues. I'm talking about people who can beyond their own ego and judge with compassion. Let's face it the lower "arts'' stimulate us to be immoral beasts (again an extreme not TDK), people that engage in that kind of thought should not decide anything for others!

Nazi%20Cat.jpg

on what levels of art are you talking about? this isn't suppose to be a timeless classic for film critics... it's a superhero movie made for the masses. We aren't suppose to look for depth in our saturday morning cartoons...

If someone threw down Lord Of The Rings and The Dark Knight, i'd watch TDK before I would see LOTR again.....art is subjective.

on what levels of art are you talking about? this isn't suppose to be a timeless classic for film critics... it's a superhero movie made for the masses. We aren't suppose to look for depth in our saturday morning cartoons...

So why isn't treated that way?

If someone threw down Lord Of The Rings and The Dark Knight, i'd watch TDK before I would see LOTR again.....art is subjective.

Somebody mentioned Uwe Boll, you think it is an opinion TDK is better than his movies or you just like it better?

Would you say:

I like TDK better than Uwe Boll movies.

or

TDK IS better than Uwe Boll movies?

I don't really care for them... I was just there for an action movie at best... which explains why I didn't like the length and cheesy lines in the film about morals and what not. Some may disagree.... that is just my input.

Well the fact is Uwe Boll IS a bad director...

Wich is proven by his work. His work must be evidence for that. If they are not you can't claim he is a bad director.

So TDK is better than Uwe Boll movies. Art reaches an objective truth. My point exactly.

(gone to bed)

Last edited:
Free thought or decadence? I don't think people with such taste should have voices or be allowed to vote. only if their taste doesn't affect their sense of universal virtues or intelligence and this is highly unlikely. They are the reason this world is ^^^^ed up.

Right::banghead, hitler was one of those people that ^^^^ed up the world because he had poor taste and no sense of virtues. I'm talking about people who can beyond their own ego and judge with compassion. Let's face it the lower "arts'' stimulate us to be immoral beasts (again an extreme not TDK), people that engage in that kind of thought should not decide anything for others!

You're maze of double talk is so abstract I honestly don't think you have a premise, but to be honest, I don't think you ever did. Let's recap shall we...

1. Your opinion is truth
2. You can't comprehend subjectivity
3. You only want people in the world to share your viewpoint
4. Which is Nolan is like Eminem, who in turn is no Mozart
5. Therefore if you like Nolan, you somehow like Eminem, and can't like Mozart, or if you like Mozart, you can't like Eminem. Hell just go back to #2 on the list. Your absent of subjective thought.
6. People who's opinion on subjective art forms differ from yours are the moral decay of our society
7. These people should not be allowed to exist
8. You wouldn't want to live in a world where they do, yet somehow you are?
9. You want people to look beyond their own ego and judge with compassion. (Wow, the irony)
10. ?

Wich is proven by his work. His work must be evidence for that. If they are not you can't claim he is a bad director.

So TDK is better than Uwe Boll movies. Art reaches an objective truth. My point exactly.

(gone to bed)

See #2 on the list from the post above, and for tonights homework, please read the definition.

=wofford29;1078688]You're maze of double talk is so abstract I honestly don't think you have a premise, but to be honest, I don't think you ever did. Let's recap shall we...

1. Your opinion is truth

Never claimed my opinion to be absolute truth but relative truth. It is a truth in my mind that some arts are for people that think while others are not. Ofcourse this in truth must be subjective because it is a product of my mind.

2. You can't comprehend subjectivity

I can but i refuse to accept it regarding art. Not to mention that objectivity isn't even possible for human beings since whe can't be aware of anything other than our own perceptions of it. That means that even science isn't truth. I like to live in the illusion that true beauty exists.

3. You only want people in the world to share your viewpoint

No i don't. I just don't want idiots to rule the world like they do know. Compassionate people do not like Eminem, atleast not what it stands for.

4. Which is Nolan is like Eminem, who in turn is no Mozart

yes

5. Therefore if you like Nolan, you somehow like Eminem,

No

, or if you like Mozart, you can't like Eminem.

Probably not but who knows. I'm not a neurologist:lol.

6. People who's opinion on subjective art forms differ from yours are the moral decay of our society

No, i was talking in extremes. People that listen to Eminem while playing grand Theft Auto and realize that negativity in real life are the moral decay of society. I don't care if someone likes TDK, atleast it is about a person that wants to help.

7. These people should not be allowed to exist

They can do whatever they want. I just don't think retarded maniacs like that should be allowed to vote or spread their sources of suffering trough the media.

8. You wouldn't want to live in a world where they do, yet somehow you are?

Ain't that a ^^^^^

9. You want people to look beyond their own ego and judge with compassion. (Wow, the irony)

Yes, even if i fail to do so. I have allot to learn.

I'm really of to bed now.

Ok, my untolerant BS is already starting to bother me badly. I hate snobs and DO NOT want to become one. I love my fellow freaks here. Mods feel free to delete previous posts, whatever. Love TDK, love Hamlet, love Eminem WHO THE ^^^^ CARES!

You dont have to like TDK, just dont be a pretentious ass about it...s'all. Thats everyone's issue. Saying Nolan is a bad director, saying TDK has NO style at all is very silly.

^^^^ the comics, Burton doesn't give a ^^^^ about comics. He is actually inspired by things that are ment for adults and gave his own much more interesting vision of the character. A vision that actually makes sense for a guy that dresses up like a bat! By the way, a Bat-man, what could be more gothic? A Bat-man doesn't belong in boring corporate drama's like Nolan's but rather belongs in gothic fantasy. You have to build a world for such a character and Burton did just that. Throwing batman in our world makes him horribly childish.

damn, can't you see that everything you just said here is purely based on personal taste?
Burton gave a personal touch to batman, more gothic, more fantasy, is this good? is this better? there is no answer! Personally, I adore Burton's style also, and I loved the way he portrayed batman. It was a very good match Tim Burton + Bat-man. But this is personal.

So when the franchise was renewed, I thought it was a good idea to take it on another approach...you simply got to give it to nolan that he could make a character dressed up like a bat believable...
Once again, you like the burton style more, is personal, but you cannot ignore that what Nolan did to the batman character was bold and it simply did work out! You say it is horribly childish, that is a horribly exaggerated statement! If there is one approach that is horribly exaggerated, than it must be the Joel Schumacher movies...

ps: about your directors, you are trying to impress us all with your knowledge about the alternative cinema, while we are speaking about mainstream cinema (Batman movies that make more than 250-300 milion dollars at box-offices around the world is not alternative cinema DUUH)...talking about arrogance

That is really sad because even that movie is highly overrated and has no real sense of character exploration.

djeezes, just because a movie had good international praise you have to bash it? even if it IS a good movie? :rolleyes: hmm, I wonder why, is it becaus it is mainstream?

are you one of those suckers that hate mainstream movies JUST because they are mainstream? :confused:

edit: I even wonder why the hell you registered on this board? almost every single item and character here is subject of real mainstream entertainment...
And even you suggests KING KONG :rolleyes:

Back