Which batman is better ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Non-sense:lol. Burton's gothic batman movies are way darker than Nolan's corporate bores. What the hell is gritty and dark about Nolan's batman, they are slick and in accord with Bruckheimer movies. And jesus did you even see Burton's batman movies????? Bright colors? They couldn't be much darker. Neon? Not to be seen in Batman or Returns, neon is used in Schumacher's movies. Funky music? The Elfman score will NEVER be topped for any superhero movie. Boy george? Where? Batman 89 had two prince songs in the movie that didn't last long at all, booo freaking hoo. That was just some studio idea to cash in on pop-music. You don't know a thing about Burton's batman. Nolan is just some talentless idiot who thinks he should copy Michael Mann to be serious. THE GUY CAN'T DIRECT!!!! I cringed at some of the acting in TDK. Thank god he had Heath Ledger in TDK because he is the only reason why people do not notice how poor TDK really is.

edit: TDK has proven to me that Bale is possibly worse than Clooney. Yes Clooney was terrible but atleast Clooney doesn't have trouble producing a masculine voice. Bale is so immature as batman.

Without being unnecessarily insulting or just plain rude....

That's the silliest s@#$ I've ever heard.

I thought Keaton played Bruce Wayne better. Let's face it when the costume is on they are just changing their voices. Anyone can play that part. The part that makes Batman at least for me is Bruce. I thought Keaton was more suave and cool. Bales was more on the cocky side. I liked both. However, I prefer Keaton's more laid back and cool character.

Bruce wayne IS cocky, he was meant to be that way in the comics....Keaton Bruce Wayne was actually toooo dull and boring, he just sat down in his mansion. :rolleyes:

but personally, keaton bruce wayne was cool in his dulll and boring way :)

Non-sense:lol. Burton's gothic batman movies are way darker than Nolan's corporate bores. What the hell is gritty and dark about Nolan's batman, they are slick and in accord with Bruckheimer movies. And jesus did you even see Burton's batman movies????? Bright colors? They couldn't be much darker. Neon? Not to be seen in Batman or Returns, neon is used in Schumacher's movies. Funky music? The Elfman score will NEVER be topped for any superhero movie. Boy george? Where? Batman 89 had two prince songs in the movie that didn't last long at all, booo freaking hoo. That was just some studio idea to cash in on pop-music. You don't know a thing about Burton's batman. Nolan is just some talentless idiot who thinks he should copy Michael Mann to be serious. THE GUY CAN'T DIRECT!!!! I cringed at some of the acting in TDK. Thank god he had Heath Ledger in TDK because he is the only reason why people do not notice how poor TDK really is.

edit: TDK has proven to me that Bale is possibly worse than Clooney. Yes Clooney was terrible but atleast Clooney doesn't have trouble producing a masculine voice. Bale is so immature as batman.

burton batmans were cool

nolans batmans are cool in a different way, you cannot argue that he CAN direct, when somebody says that nolan is bad director he should watch more movies, or just give up watching, because that one has no sense of taste...

burton batmans were cool

nolans batmans are cool in a different way, you cannot argue that he CAN direct, when somebody says that nolan is bad director he should watch more movies, or just give up watching, because that one has no sense of taste...

Right:lol:lol:rotfl. If YOU knew more about REAl cinema you would know that Nolan hasn't got an artistic bone in his body.

Nolan ripped Pinter's betrayal structure with his highly overrated Memento.

Nolan turned Erik Skjoldbjærg sharp film Imsomnia into spineless hollywood fair.

The prestige, such an improbable and unremarkable film i won't even mention it.

If you want to see Nolan as the worm on an apple that he really is. Try watching some real filmmakers at work, for instance: G.W.Pabst, Sergei M Eisenstein, F.W murnau, Carl Dreyer. These people did not just make films they made the equivelant of a Rembrandt on film. If you like something a bit more contemporary how about Wajda, Zulawski, Fassbinder, (early) Herzog, Truffaut, Bergman and if you did not know they actually made films in europe and want to go american: Cassavetes, Schatzberg etc for the lesser known american masters of cinema.

Maybe you should try watching a film that doesn't come with happy meal toys before you start to question another's knowledge of cinema.

Bruce wayne IS cocky, he was meant to be that way in the comics....Keaton Bruce Wayne was actually toooo dull and boring, he just sat down in his mansion. :rolleyes:

but personally, keaton bruce wayne was cool in his dulll and boring way :)

^^^^ the comics, Burton doesn't give a ^^^^ about comics. He is actually inspired by things that are ment for adults and gave his own much more interesting vision of the character. A vision that actually makes sense for a guy that dresses up like a bat! By the way, a Bat-man, what could be more gothic? A Bat-man doesn't belong in boring corporate drama's like Nolan's but rather belongs in gothic fantasy. You have to build a world for such a character and Burton did just that. Throwing batman in our world makes him horribly childish.

Last edited:
SOOO right! Look at how freaking bland and amatur these shots are!

batterseabatmanoi0.jpg

tdk_trl3_20080504_004.jpg

EWWWWW

This one's the worst...

jokermagic1cd7.jpg

NOLAN = WORST DIRECTOR EVER!

Indeed, i see those kind of shots in every Bruckheimer and Michael Mann movie. Unartistic shots indeed, thanks for the example.

No they arent. Bruckhiemr doesnt even do movies, he just produces them. And no freaking ^^^^ it looks like Mann, HEAT was its biggest inspiration. It IS artistic, just not in the flashy gothic way Tim does it.

CelticP;1078470]No they arent. Bruckhiemr doesnt even do movies, he just produces them.

His stamp is on every movie he produces.

And no freaking ^^^^ it looks like Mann

Yes it does, only a third rate version.

HEAT was its biggest inspiration.

That is really sad because even that movie is highly overrated and has no real sense of character exploration.

It IS artistic, just not in the flashy gothic way Tim does it.

No, it isn't, it looks like something MTV would be proud of.

"Maybe you should try watching a film that doesn't come with happy meal toys before you start to question another's knowledge of cinema."

Use your OWN advice.

His stamp is on every movie he produces.

Yes it does, only a third rate version.

That is really sad because even that movie is highly overrated and has no real sense of character exploration.

No, it isn't, it looks like something MTV would be proud of.

Man you're so obvious. You really don't need to try so hard.

"Maybe you should try watching a film that doesn't come with happy meal toys before you start to question another's knowledge of cinema."

Use your OWN advice.

Desperate comeback:lol. Do i need to repeat my post?

Yeah...im trying not to attack anyone for their opinions...but....man...this is hard. Already had some seeping through...

Well, you posted it....take your own advice.

If you want to see Nolan as the worm on an apple that he really is. Try watching some real filmmakers at work, for instance: G.W.Pabst, Sergei M Eisenstein, F.W murnau, Carl Dreyer. These people did not just make films they made the equivelant of a Rembrandt on film. If you like something a bit more contemporary how about Wajda, Zulawski, Fassbinder, (early) Herzog, Truffaut, Bergman and if you did not know they actually made films in europe and want to go american: Cassavetes, Schatzberg etc for the lesser known american masters of cinema.

Has watching TDK killed so many braincells that it caused blindspots in your reading?

Back