What's with the closed threads?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what happens when you get unqualified moderators who don't know what the hell they are doing. all they know is how to click delete post, close thread, and infract user buttons.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

That's what happens when you get unqualified moderators who don't know what the hell they are doing. all they know is how to click delete post, close thread, and infract user buttons.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

This sounds like the handiwork of Adoptedscot methinks.

Not guilty, I've not closed a thread (except for HT silly ones) for ages :lecture, besides I always leave a post if I close a thread :wink1:

As for someone saying 'unqualified mods' :lol :cuckoo:

Yeah cos when we're recruited we all go to 'Uncle Dave's Mod School' and have to qualify to become certified Mods. Then when we graduate we get a handbook and are given points and prizes for all the people we piss off by deleting/closing threads. That's why we follow the trouble makers round to purposely get them :rolleyes: :lol
Just incase anyone doesn't realise it, I am of course joking ;)

As long as a thread is not insulting/offensive etc and remains civil I don't see any reason why it would be closed/deleted. Unfortunately though sometimes on the WWW some peeps like to act all big and bad and all that leads to is confrontation (so to speak), attitude and the thread being derailed with arguments and insults. Then it will be closed.
...and lets not forget this is a toy forum so some subjects are off limits and a thread will be closed if deemed inappropriate.

*Shell debates whether to lock thread just for the fun of it* :devil :lol

x :wave

Last edited:
Love the Mods here! They are fair and professional :clap
Good work all of you! Whatever you guys decide is fine with me . Some people are not mature enough and full of prejudice from the start. It's better you take charge

Yeah cos when we're recruited we all go to 'Uncle Dave's Mod School' and have to qualify to become certified Mods. Then when we graduate we get a handbook and are given points and prizes for all the people we piss off by deleting/closing threads.

I got accepted into Uncle Dave's Mod School but then my drug test came back positive for Fluoride and I lost my scholarship.

tumblr_leftahY4RZ1qf8yek.gif

Whoever closed those threads would have to state his or her reasoning for doing so (I'm not familiar with the threads in question), but different mods have different perspectives on things, of course. The more controversial threads tend to go off rail quicker, and usually end no where good. At a certain point, they almost inevitably get closed, if not by a mod then by Dave himself.

I do find it to be helpful to post something when I close a thread so folks know I did it along with some kind of rationale, even if it isn't very detailed. Then, folks can (and often do) PM me about it if they have issues and I can explain my reasoning. While I would love to have more open discussions on serious and controversial topics (religion, politics, NECA vs. Hot Toys), it just doesn't seem to work here in most cases.

I closed this thread. It was me all along.

Whoever closed those threads would have to state his or her reasoning for doing so (I'm not familiar with the threads in question), but different mods have different perspectives on things, of course. The more controversial threads tend to go off rail quicker, and usually end no where good. At a certain point, they almost inevitably get closed, if not by a mod then by Dave himself.

I do find it to be helpful to post something when I close a thread so folks know I did it along with some kind of rationale, even if it isn't very detailed. Then, folks can (and often do) PM me about it if they have issues and I can explain my reasoning. While I would love to have more open discussions on serious and controversial topics (religion, politics, NECA vs. Hot Toys), it just doesn't seem to work here in most cases.
I've seen threads closed with no reason given. In fact I think the One about urine testing was locked with no explanation.

I post that I'm closing a thread prior.... I'll also contribute to the closing quite often with my own posts. Sometimes thread closures are preemptive, and I agree that those are not always necessary. Still, what's the big deal? We're here to discuss statues, figures and props. It's not as if moderators are closing the DX Keaton Batman thread, right?

I post that I'm closing a thread prior.... I'll also contribute to the closing quite often with my own posts. Sometimes thread closures are preemptive, and I agree that those are not always necessary. Still, what's the big deal? We're here to discuss statues, figures and props. It's not as if moderators are closing the DX Keaton Batman thread, right?

Do it, do it now...close the DC section for a day, and watch the sh$t storm erupt, it would be classic:yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back