What's Become of Your Hasbro Collection? POTF, POTJ,Ep 1-3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Debating the same thing. I actually still love the 30th, Legacy and VC stuff with the odd figure from other lines thrown in. The majority of my POTF2 through to ROTS is just taking up space and will need shifting very soon.

This is a perfect post. You can't go wrong with 30th on up. Especially TVC.

The rest, pick through it and donate it to charity.

Just need the receipt from the charity place (that you gave them to) with the value they put on them, usually they'll give you a close valuation to what you tell them or a blank donation receipt sometimes for you to fill in.

Still have all of my POTF (?) figures from the mid 90s. I was in my 20s and was excited that SW was getting some new figures after such a long dry spell! But then I saw the atrocities—the terrible He-Man exaggerated muscly bodies that had no business on SW figures! I only ended up buying a handful (maybe like 5 or 6) of that original batch plus the landspeeder because it was a childhood favorite of mine, so I had to have it again. Thankfully they eventually stopped with the horrible stylized bodies and through the years I would get a couple here and there. But they’re just sitting in a couple of tubs in storage. Occasionally I’ll look at ebay and see what they go for, and it’s always just barely anything with so many people trying to get rid of the same figures, and they all just go unsold. It’s just not worth the trouble. I really should just donate them and free up the space.

I sold a bunch of 90's Marvel and DC figs to a local guy and threw in my MOC POTF collection for free(I only had about 8).

Just need the receipt from the charity place (that you gave them to) with the value they put on them, usually they'll give you a close valuation to what you tell them or a blank donation receipt sometimes for you to fill in.

very interesting, I never thought of donating my old stuff. What does that do for your taxes though? I mean is it anything significant as a deductible? I've donated money to charities and when doing turbo tax it never does anything for my return. I mean I've only donated a few hundred bucks... but still never worth much. Never really understood this or why it matters so much to claim?

landfill.jpg

I read the topic wrong. I just stated my favorites. The rest of my collection are on display in my parents basement with price tags everywhere. People can come over by appointment and buy anything that they see. The more they buy, the cheaper the prices become. I had a huge turnout when I first posted the ad but things have slowed. I dunno how to get rid of it all without just donating it as some folks have said they did above.

That is as long as its under $250. IF you have a lot you could spread it around to different charities.
Yeah, but its such a small impact, can't say I did it for the Taxes.....I mean, if I had claimed I donated $1,250,000, then yeah - maybe.....
Depending on what your level of deductions and how much was withheld. I know for me with all my Home stuff any donations I get back about the entire amount back.
very interesting, I never thought of donating my old stuff. What does that do for your taxes though? I mean is it anything significant as a deductible? I've donated money to charities and when doing turbo tax it never does anything for my return. I mean I've only donated a few hundred bucks... but still never worth much. Never really understood this or why it matters so much to claim?
See what I said above there are a lot of factors.

Gave all of mine to my nieces and nephews once I started picking up SSC's 1/6 line. Aug 26 2006 was when I got Ep. 6 Jedi Knight Luke. Don't miss the little crappy figure at all.

I sold all my episode III figures the year before I started collecting 1/6 and that was 10 years ago my self. im in the same boat don't miss them. I haven`t bought a single SW action figure in a 11 years.

I don't have a Hasbro 1/6 collection, but I do have a large rubbermaid bin full of 3/4 inch figures, and another bin full of vehicles that I've been collecting since 1999. Haven't decided if I want to sell individually or get rid of the entire collection at once. Don't really feel like going through the hassle of listing and shipping hundreds of figs.

I have a crap-ton of plastic storage bins with them in it. I guess I could give them to my boy.....not sure it's worth ebaying them.

Mine are all unopened....i hate the thought of them being opened but tired of storing them. lol

And yes, wish I hadn't bought them all...but it was fun finding the ones I didn't have, etc. So it was fun at least.

This is pretty much me to a T. Wondering what to do with them. Will most likely try to find someone who sells toys that would take the whole lot off my hands.

I kept some stuff. I have the Big Millenium Falcon, some of my favorite Vintage Collection (2004, 2006, the TVC line etc.), that Walmart exclusive Jabba, etc. etc.

Basically kept the "good stuff".

I sold everything I had loose in the past year (mix of TVC, VOTC, Legacy, vehicles, beasts) except for the BMF and a couple customs I put together. I still have a lot of TVC carded and have considered selling them but took a lot of work to get the ones I have (good condition, unpunched, etc) so don't really have the motivation to sell.

Was tough selling some of the more hard to find ones like TVC Walrus Man as I figured if I ever wanted to start 3.75" they would be annoying to get ahold of again, but seemed pointless to hold on to a few random characters that happened to be more rare.

....After a long absence, mine are slowly coming back out since we moved to our new house and I now have display room in the unfinished basement or as I like to call it - the archive.

20160124_001451.jpg

20160124_001514.jpg

20160124_001517.jpg

All mine are put away in storage totes,, ( loose, boxed,, McQuarrie concept line, POTF, Legacy,30th,Kenner ,,etc,etc etc... ) Few of the ships ill be hanging from the ceiling in the spare room,( that's also used for when my daughters son comes over). Only thing i have on display from the 3.34 line is the OTC Vintage Sandcrawler.
Been also debating on selling some of the stuff but id rather keep it than sell it for next to nothing.

From the ceiling is gonna be the B wing, Tie fighter, A wing,and the BMF...

Last edited:
I still have a ton of stuff also, in bins mainly. Gave some to my boys but they already have so much junk I don't need more clutter

Keeping them all for now in hopes that some day I have shop to display them in

Back