What's Become of Your Hasbro Collection? POTF, POTJ,Ep 1-3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john72tex

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I was just curious what people here have done. Luckily I have two little boys to pass most of my collection down to. I really am going to need the space to store and display my HT and SS figures. I've already weeded out a bunch of the worthless pieces, both 3.75 and 12 inch. I know this topic has probably been discussed but I could not locate the thread.

I have a crap-ton of plastic storage bins with them in it. I guess I could give them to my boy.....not sure it's worth ebaying them.

Yeh, I think eBay is only worth it if you know it's going to sell and/or get a decent profit. Selling loose Ep 1 figs aren't exactly hot items... I wish I could go back in time and tell myself not to buy so much!

Mine are all unopened....i hate the thought of them being opened but tired of storing them. lol

And yes, wish I hadn't bought them all...but it was fun finding the ones I didn't have, etc. So it was fun at least.

Never had a big Hasbro collection, I wasn't a Hasbro collector, I preferred the Action Fleet ships instead. Anyway I only have a few Imperial figures remaining now, all others were sold/traded/donated long ago.

I have a big tub each of loose 3.75, 12 and vehicles. Plus smaller plastic containers with unopened 3.75 figures and boxes of assorted Star Wars collectibles. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I guess I need a short and long term plan for storage and such. I also have 40+ long boxes of comics and a tall bookshelf with trade paperbacks and hardcover graphic novels...

I have a bunch of figures both opened from when I was a kid, and sealed (mostly ROTS). Also have some loose vehicles and creatures. I'd like to sell what I have but I don't know if there's even much of a market for loose Star Wars figs anymore.

My 12 inch collection is near complete. Stored most with a handful on display.

Although we can never compare them to HT or SSC, but I do think think they carry their own charm.:lol

I am keeping them.

I sold mine 20+ years ago as I knew these would be worth nothing. luckily I had a friend that bought most and traded it for some vintage star wars stuff got a great deal long time ago.

Debating the same thing. I actually still love the 30th, Legacy and VC stuff with the odd figure from other lines thrown in. The majority of my POTF2 through to ROTS is just taking up space and will need shifting very soon.

I sold every single Black Series i had late last year and kept Rey and Leia for my daughter since she wouldn't let me sell those.

Debating the same thing. I actually still love the 30th, Legacy and VC stuff with the odd figure from other lines thrown in. The majority of my POTF2 through to ROTS is just taking up space and will need shifting very soon.
Same here, Hasbro lines were good for having all the background characters you could collect. Also it's nice to have the ships/vehicles. But they are all boxed up in the loft and can't ever see them been taken out and displayed when there is Hot Toys figures to have out!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Is that tax deductible?
IRS rules say any donations to drop of boxes are tax deductible up to $250 without a recipet over $250 requires a receipt and Marines Toys for Tots is PC deductible status.

The PotF2 line is my favorite. It's the one that was in stores when I was a kid and it's the one that I found most exciting to collect and play with. By the time TPM stuff hit, I was too old to be playing with them but of course I kept buying everything until RotS came out. I also like the Collector's/Action Series. 12" series. I have the latter collection on display (part of it) and the PotF2 figures/vehicles in storage to give to my children when they're old enough. I have a custom Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Kyle Katarn collection in the style of Vintage Kenner and PotF2 figures on display as well.

I kept my childhood POTF toys and will keep them for my kids in the future. I sold off a big chunk of my adult purchased collection which I regret, but luckily I held onto some core items like the Big Millennium Falcon and the Big AT-AT. I also have 6 of the larger X-Wings, several of which I custom painted into Rogue Squadron.

I thought I was out of the 3.75" game in favor of replicas and Hot Toys, but TFA and my kind and supportive girlfriend have rekindled my love for the scale. So I have a tasteful display of what I feel are the best of modern Hasbro (mostly OT), along side a big First Order display. It felt important to do so now because Hasbro seems to be on a downward spiral with the 3.75" line (though they've promised change yet again).

The Vintage Collection a few years ago really does feel like the peak. And now look where we are: 5POA, banana visors, and cheap plastic ships priced at 1/4 the cost of a Hot Toys figure.

I have all of my loose figures from POTF(90's) but i'd say 70 percent of my moc figures from Atoc, ROTS, and just the legacy stuff they've released(from 06-about 2010 or so) were stolen. It's a shame. I had an huge ROTS collection in particular. Most of them are sitting in boxes unopened. The loose stuff I once in a blue moon pull out and play with them with my little boy though. He loved my x-wing fighter so much I bought him his own little versions(though he's still a tad young for the ones we were playing with together).

Back