What movie or movies scared/impacted you the most EVER?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original Halloween will always scare me. What a classic.

Why Sideshow has not made a 1/4 Michael Myers is a mystery to me!

Just saw one of the most stomach churning, close your eyes inducing horror of a movie. It is a japenese flick called "Audition." This is NOT the kind of horror movie you would stay up and watch as a kid and creep yourself out all night. This is the kind of movie that if you watched unprepared, you'd be paying for therapy for the next couple years. Wow... just intense stuff. Highly recommended for those who like their movies F*CKED.

Also, on Bravo's 100 scariest films of all time, this was in the top 10... maybe even the top 5.. i forget...

DonnamiraTook said:
You have probably never heard of this film, but it is truly mysterious and frightening -- not gore -- more psychologically scary.

Title -- The Wicker Man. It takes place on a remote Scottish island still inhabited by people who believe in their own Celtic religion. A policeman comes to the island after receiving information that a young girl is missing. His investigations lead him into many strange places with strange people.

The cut version leaves out the sexy bits (which are part of the plot) -- if anyone is interested get the uncut one.

I've seen that! very different. I really cant say if i liked or disliked it. It was a very wrong kind of movie. I just got this feeling, the whole plot was really...i dunno. I might hv 2 watch it again.

Gruson said:
The original Halloween will always scare me. What a classic.

Why Sideshow has not made a 1/4 Michael Myers is a mystery to me!

id love to see some more 1/4 scale horror figs!
wishlist:
Michael Myers
New Nightmare Freddy(and be the last freddy!)
Carrie could be cool
Bates from Psycho (with removable wig! :wacky )

not a horror but wot about 1/4 terminator!

I'd only get New Nightmare freddy and Myers prob if i could find it for good price

Don't laugh, but I really think Serenity has made a gigantic impact on me. Certain things that take place at the end especially. Maybe it's just a fleeting impact, but I can't seem to stop talking about it, so we'll see how long it lasts!

Other than that, I gotta say the original Superman effected me *mightily* as a little kid. When his home planet blew up with his parents on it I cried for hours. My parents didn't expect that.... I wonder if it messed with me psychologically (I was really really young, maybe 4??) - perhaps that's why I'm so weird now :dance

I don't get scared easily, I don't know why. Human drama (poverty, racism, murder, etc) scares me much more than horror films. I used to love the Hitchcock Hour - I remember one where the wife kills her husband (or maybe it was the other way around) with a HAMMER and then buries him in the garden - of course they didn't show the hammering part, but they did show the *shadow* of the hammer being pounded - I have never forgotten that one - Hitchcock was always smart in that he understood that leaving things up to the imagination is much more effective than showing the gory details :sick

Have I got a movie for you!!!

SideshowDusty said:
Hitchcock was always smart in that he understood that leaving things up to the imagination is much more effective than showing the gory details :sick

I love traditional horror movies, but they don't really scare me. The "imagination" type movies like Hitchcock's are usually scarier. One of the scariest movies I've ever watched, is the original "The Haunting" with Julie Harris! Watch it alone, in the dark, late at night, and it will have you looking over your shoulder at every little sound or sight you catch out of the corner of your eye! (Warning! It does have a bit of a lame ending...) That's the type of movie that really scares me. Believe it or not, "The Blair Witch Project" is that type of movie and if you watch it alone in the dark, will scare the crap out of you also. Of course, "The Exorcist" scared me when I fist saw it back when it first ran in the theaters, but I was only a teen and it was the first time; now days it doesn't scare me at all, but is still a bit creepy. :google

The Birds by Hitchcock, when I was eleven. Never looked at birds in the same way ever since. :horror

Apart from Jaws, the one film that scared the **** outta me was Hellraiser 1. Don't ask why a 11 year old kid was watching this all alone at night (man.....I was physically trembling with fear) :horror :google :D

For me, movies like Halloween, Nightmare or Friday the 13th don't frighten me. While those are good movies and very entertaining, just not scarey. Movies like The Shining (1980) are so creepy and spooky, that images and scenerios just stay with you. Blair Witch, is shoe-string budget, but effective. With Jaws, don't go in the water; Slashers, just not believable; but show me the everyman in the everyman situations = FEAR! In The Sixth Sense, everybody takes a piss at night; imagine seeing in the bathroom mirror a shadow walking pass the door = Freaking Scarey!! Things you can relate to are more frightening. What always gets me is the build-up of tension, not in seeing the monsters.

This was at the random selection box at the bottom, and this may be a hellacious bump, but here goes:

Scariest: Alien/Halloween
Disturbing: Requiem For A Dream

Fortress (1985)

This was one of those movies I watched a lot as a kid, but hadn't seen it for so long that all the details went fuzzy, and went to that "maybe it never even happened" category of childhood memories.

When I stumbled upon this on Netflix, and Google Imaged it and saw the masks, the deja vu (or whatever that might be considered) was almost dizzying.

The masks TERRIFIED me as a kid.

Longer response / site-whoring:

https://www.coke-babies.com/writing/fortress/fortress.html

The Snowman (1982). I never knew what depression was as a kid until I saw this movie. Still emotionally scarred till this day. :lol

Tim Curry as IT.

I couldn't look down a sink hole for the longest time. That was the reason I always checked under my bed

Yeah, that movie scared me for a long time as a kid.

225c9a39c3b29286623a769f2db08d98.jpg

Back