What movie(s) got to you the most as a kid ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What got me wasn't even a scary movie, but as a kid when I saw "Who framed Roger Rabbit". When Christopher Loyd's character reveals he's a cartoon and screams. I sprinted out of the room crying.

Sad I know...

When he got run over by the steamroller was what scared me :(

When he got run over by the steamroller was what scared me :(

Yea and he picks himself up and his eyes pop out of his head. That was freakin looney because of the way Lloyd played it.

I thought of another one, Maximum Overdrive, I was afraid of any electronic appliances for like a week.

The Shining: Damn this was scary, those twins haunted me many years after.

The Omen: This was pretty bad too. Whole tone of the movie was so depressing (especially felt bad for Lee Remick).

The Thing: Tried to watch this one night when i was kid but i was too scared. Next day i was kicking myself for not watching it cause it was so cool so far.

Goodfellas: We were watching some childrens movie with my sister and when the movie ended the Goodfellas was recorded after that. When Pesci stabbed that guy in the trunk i was shocked. Still pretty effective scene.

Then there was Hammer film productions Dracula and Mummy movies, those were scary too.

...yep The Shining messed me up pretty good. Those damn twin girls and yeah the naked lady bathroom scene...holy poop. I'll give it to the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre also...I was like 12 or 13 and for some reason it really messed with me...just really got to me mentally.

I want to see Clownhouse, because I'm so scared of clowns in general, but I cannot find a place that has it for rent.

I'd never even heard of Clownhouse but I've just looked on google and seen that Sam Rockwell is in it so that's enough to convince me to buy it. :lol

EDIT :

Maybe not. :rotfl
Can't find one copy on ebay. :cuckoo:

Night of the Living Dead. Saw it when i was 11, Freaked me out but I loved it at the same time and evolved into my favorite horror movie.

Salems Lot...the master was the freakiest looking vampire i had ever seen.

Both Alien and Exorcist really scared me silly, but a movie I really had trouble with is a bit campy by today's standards..

My Dad had a house deep in the woods and it got really dark there. Just outside my window I could usually hear forest animals goofing off or making trouble. Anyway, one night I watched The Howling with my Dad and later that night every sound I heard, I swore was a were-beast looking to get at me. It was one of the longest nights of my life...

The remake of invasion of the Body Snatches. I was only seven when my cousins took me to see this. Needless to say they had some fun scaring the cr@p out of me that night. Think it took me a couple of weeks before I was able to sleep with the lights out after that.

Pet Semetary. Something about the sister and that creepy way she comes running across the room always freaked me out.

The remake of invasion of the Body Snatches. I was only seven when my cousins took me to see this. Needless to say they had some fun scaring the cr@p out of me that night. Think it took me a couple of weeks before I was able to sleep with the lights out after that.

Pet Semetary. Something about the sister and that creepy way she comes running across the room always freaked me out.

:lecture:lecture:lecture The breathing! :lol

Since you did nothing but trash the original 1984 film, you must be talking about the new one....which is very sad if that film even so much as gave you a little flutter of fear.

I was talking about the original. Though I'm sure if I was a kid and had seen the remake instead I probably would have ____ my pants on top of having nightmares.

I honestly don't care what you think. :yess:

Salem's Lot damn near killed me. I was 5 years old (my mom raised me on a steady diet of horror movies, it was awesome) and, at the point where Danny is hovering outside of Mark's window scratching on it, my uncle went outside and started scratching on the window behind me. I don't think I came out from under my bed for 3 days. To this day I have a hard time watching it.

The Others and The Sixth Sense also got me. I'm freaked out by ghosts very, very easily for some reason. The Others got me when she went into that room with the sheets covering everything and you heard the ghostly moans from somewhere in there. The Sixth Sense got me when the suicidal woman chased the kid out of the kitchen, and also when he saw the ghost of the kid with a bullet wound in his head. Oh, and the puking girl in his tent.

Back