What movie or movies scared/impacted you the most EVER?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm totally with you L4P, Jaws scared the S$$$ out of me big time. I have never been swimming either in a Pool or the Sea and can't swim because of that film.Even if I went abroad with my pals as I got older there was no way I would get in the Swimming Pool, all I could imagine is being dragged under....Bah :(

I have a serious phobia of knives, can't have them around the house, they have to be hidden.I have it so much so that when someone once pointed one at me I grabbed the blade just because I panicked and had to get it away.Needless to say i am proud of my battle scar.
With that in mind I am petrified by both Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween.I saw them when I was about 13 and could not sleep for weeks afterwards.They really really scared me.:( :(
I can't watch any so-called slasher films.

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

One movie comes to mind: Slugs-The Movie.

I saw that when I was young and impressionable (a 10 or 11 year old watching a very sickening mutated-gross-little-bug movie is not a really great situation).

I was hyper sensitized to all slug type creatures.

I've since lost most fear of them but I bet I will still violently freak out for a few seconds (before calming down rationally!) if I find leech stuck to me after being in water.

Put one on my skin and if it sticks, that doesn't bother me- it's the sudden realization that is shocking.

Nemo - you mention slugs, but did you ever see SQUIRM?

It is a movie about killer worms, and it was pretty freaky to
see when I was a kid. They got PO'd after receiving an electrical
charge, and started invading homes, and biting people. :eek
They could really get under your skin if you weren't careful. ;)

OH MY GOD! I just dug up a repressed memory...

Anybody ever see a film called Killer Clowns??? Jesus that scared teh bejesus out of me. I am sure that is where my fear of clowns comes from. The carnivals... the big bubble gum like pods... the clown punchiing the guys head off... god... I hated that.

I remember seeing that L4. Another movie that scared the @#%$ @#%$ out of me was Stephen Kings IT.

i LOVED "it" until the end, it was just so crappy looking and fake. but the first half gave me the creeps.

have any of you seen "a tale of two sisters"? that freeked me out.
Sadako coming out of the TV scared the crap out of me when i first saw it coz i had NO idea that would happen. i couldnt sleep, i was like 11, at my house,alone. i was afraid she'd come out of the TV. :horror

kathy bates in misery is cocka-doodie Psycho! alot of the japanese horror films scared me at the time. the american slashers never scared me i just loved them soo much. like ANOES, that was bout the time i started to LOVE horror.

Jaws. i couldnt get in the water at the beach feelin secure for like a year. i still am cautious of sharks nowdays.

Halloween.

now i REALLY wanna c salems lot, u guys seem to love it!

As an adult in the 21st century, the 1979's Salem's Lot may seem cheesy and
dated, BUT as an 8 year old on 11/17/79 and 11/18/79 it scared the censored outta me,
and is THE movie/scene that I remember most out of ANY that affected me.

salem81io.jpg

salem99ar.jpg

I had a similar window at the FOOT OF MY FRIGGIN' BED!!!!!!! :google

barlow3ni.jpg

:horror :horror :horror :horror :horror

JS :google

Last edited:
'Aliens', kept me awake for 2 weeks when I was a kid, I was convinced that I was going to get attacked in my sleep by those face huggers. The dark spot under my desk didn't help either :nazgul

The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms (1953)

Black and White on Tv when I was a kid,
Had nightmares for a long time.
Never liked the water much and
never told anyone the reason why
I did not like rollercoaters was because of
this movie.

:eek:

Sideshow should go for the 'Salems Lot license. The original, not that Rob Lowe remake piece of crap. What a great team up with the Buffy gang they could be!!

movies with impact

During the 80's I was into all the horror stuff. Fangoria magazine, Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, all that stuff. That's all about the gross out. In my opinion, it takes a lot more to really scare someone than gross them out with entrails. That being said, I'll add a few movies that I haven't seen in this thread yet that really scared me.

--The Exorcist (I know it's been mentioned already)-- I think this movie will go down in history as being the absolute most disturbing movie ever made. And yes, Regan spider-walking down the stairs in the Anniversary re-release adds just that much more creepiness. I got chills seeing that.

--When A Stranger Calls-- Carol Kane gets the beejeezus scared out of her by a guy who keeps calling her on the phone. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it, but run, don't walk, to the nearest rental place and GET THIS MOVIE! The first half hour will scar you for life. You'll never want to be home alone again.

--Darkness Falls-- This is a fairly recent one that I caught on one of the movie stations one night around last Halloween. Again, I won't ruin it for anyone, but the first 15 or 20 minutes scared the crap out of me. I was literally afraid to go into the dark kitchen to get a drink after this movie, and I'm 41!

Movies that have had an impact on my by means other than scaring me:

--Ordinary People-- Robert Redford's directorial debut. Just a very good movie about a family trying to cope with a tragedy. At the end of the movie, when the son finally realizes what has been eating away at him for all those years, you'll realize you can breathe again. I remember the suspense building throughout the movie and finally bursting at the end.

--The Abyss-- I remember feeling the same way as I did after watching the above movie: relief. And the scene where Ed Harris' ex-wife drowns so he can swim back to the station with her and try to bring her back to life was about the most breathtaking I've seen.

Most people are surprised to find that my list of all-time favorite movies contains many that aren't considered genre movies. Movies like The Sting and The China Syndrome are well made movies telling a great story.

Sorry I gabbed so much, but I just love talking about movies.

crocostimpy said:
Sorry I gabbed so much, but I just love talking about movies.
Dont be sorry! I love hearing what other people think of movies! Movies are a big part of my life and I'm abit of a buff now so i love talking about them at every given chance! I agree with yo9u about Darkness Falls, the end to me got terrible but the beginnning like with the part with the mother goin into the room scared the crap outta me.

I gotta see the Exorcist again. I saw afew months ago and I wasnt scared really, but that was probably due to the fact that all my friends were talking throughout the film and I could barely hear it! I knew when i saw watching how it was a big thing and how disturbin it was so i really wanna get the most outta it and watch it again. the spiderwalk was unbelievable! :horror

re: Exorcist

I saw the Anniversary rerelease in a theater with a good friend of mine. We couldn't believe that people were actually laughing during parts of the movie. I admit that some of the dialogue is obviously dated, but I was a bit taken aback. I turned to my buddy and said "I didn't know this was a comedy." I think that goes to show how bad the state of the horror movie has gotten nowadays. People are too used to jokes and sex. I remember I was just a kid when the movie first came out and just seeing the trailer on TV scared the crap out of me.

Ironman1188 said:
Sideshow should go for the 'Salems Lot license. The original, not that Rob Lowe remake piece of crap. What a great team up with the Buffy gang they could be!!

Agreed 100% ironman!

Sideshow could do an AMAZING 1/4 scale mixed media figure of Barlow/The Master.
Also a 1/4 or full scale bust would be fantastic as well.

For me, the ultimate would be this 1/6 or 1/4 scale diorama window scene

salem99ar.jpg

Have a wall with an openable window, with the vampire suspended on the
opposite side to simulate like he is floating like he did in the movie.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat! :horror :horror :horror :horror :horror

JS

Last edited:
Here are some statues and busts that have been made of Barlow:

master.JPG

bardone1.jpg

bdark.jpg

barlowlg.jpg

salems-lot-kit.jpg

Sideshow could do better, or at least should try!

JS

The face on the diorama I mentioned above would look very similar to Santi with Bomb:

santivamp7vr.jpg

C'mon Sideshow - make this one for me! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez? :horror

JS ;)

For the record, I would buy a 1/4 scale Barlow! :cool: I actually almost bought Orlok just because it was similar.

You have probably never heard of this film, but it is truly mysterious and frightening -- not gore -- more psychologically scary.

Title -- The Wicker Man. It takes place on a remote Scottish island still inhabited by people who believe in their own Celtic religion. A policeman comes to the island after receiving information that a young girl is missing. His investigations lead him into many strange places with strange people.

The cut version leaves out the sexy bits (which are part of the plot) -- if anyone is interested get the uncut one.

Back