What movie(s) got to you the most as a kid ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to see Clownhouse, because I'm so scared of clowns in general, but I cannot find a place that has it for rent.

I'd never even heard of Clownhouse but I've just looked on google and seen that Sam Rockwell is in it so that's enough to convince me to buy it. :lol

EDIT :

Maybe not. :rotfl
Can't find one copy on ebay. :cuckoo:

It's made by a convicted child molester, Victor Salva, which makes it even creepier. It's loooooong out of print. Expect to pay $75-100 for it...

Yeah , I noticed Victor Salva did do it and like Morbach it made me think of Jeepers Creepers and I did like that movie.
Although when I watch it now and the creature is licking windows at young guys and stuff it kind of freaks me out even more knowing the director probably put things like that in there because of his own sick mind. :monkey4::monkey4

Yeah , I noticed Victor Salva did do it and like Morbach it made me think of Jeepers Creepers and I did like that movie. Although when I watch it now and the creature is licking windows at young guys and stuff it kind of freaks me out even more knowing the director probably put things like that in there because of his own sick mind. :monkey4::monkey4
Awww dude :monkey4

Even though halloween is my favorite i gotta admit friday the 13th series scarred the **** out of me!!

It wasn't actually a movie, but a THEME SONG LOL! As a kid I COULD NOT listen to the opening music and narration to the show Tales From The Darkside! I had to cover my ears until the show started!:lol

^ great movie...:lol

The Mummy freaked me out when I was little. I remember walking to the bathroom in the theater, right as Evy was waking up Imhotep, and then I turned around...and saw where he was screaming...holy lord that messed me up.

The only movie that scared me so badly growing up as a kid (and even into my teen hood till probably my 20's) was The Exorcist. I don't know what it was, but it just scared the crap out of me.

Aside from that though, Michael Jackson's Thriller used to terrify me as a kid. Not the song, but the man at the end who does that laugh. My dad would crank the song in the car and I would prepare my ears for the end. He would usually help cover them for me.

The only movie that scared me so badly growing up as a kid (and even into my teen hood till probably my 20's) was The Exorcist. I don't know what it was, but it just scared the crap out of me.

Aside from that though, Michael Jackson's Thriller used to terrify me as a kid. Not the song, but the man at the end who does that laugh. My dad would crank the song in the car and I would prepare my ears for the end. He would usually help cover them for me.

Vincent Price. ;)

^ great movie...:lol

The Mummy freaked me out when I was little. I remember walking to the bathroom in the theater, right as Evy was waking up Imhotep, and then I turned around...and saw where he was screaming...holy lord that messed me up.

The mummy from the Tales From The Darkside film used to scare the crap outta me. When he takes the hanger and shoves it up that dude's nose creeped me the hell out.

Ew.....I hate things getting shoved up people's noses.

I had to have one of those things Tony Stark had at the beginning of Iron Man.

the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I thought that movie was the scariest thing I ever seen as a kid. I live in western Oklahoma, about 200 miles from the Texas panhandle, and I thought that was too close to texas when I was a kid.

even to this day I hate the sound of a chainsaw roaring. :panic:

Never watched any scary movies as a kid for fear of not falling a sleep at night (even though I loved Ghostbusters and Jaws at the time). I remember my local library got picture books (w/ photos) from those classic Universal Studio movies. The Wolfman intrigued me...and also terrified me as well.

Speaking of picture books, I dare anyone that read these as a kid to tell me the illustrations didn't ____ you up for life.

scary_stories1.jpg

I recently found the 3-book collection in my closet and had a ball re-reading them.

The first real scary movies from my under-12-year-old days were "Alien", "Halloween", "Salem's Lot", "The Exorcist" and "The Manitou". As you can see, I was that kid that just had to go back for more... lol.

Last edited:
Back