WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dirk Benedict/Richard Hatch interest thread

I would be totally interested in any of them (seeing final sculpt), but especially Apollo and Starbuck.

Last edited:

If he is sculpted serious/neutral he doesn't ruin either display.

But a neutral or serious expression fails to convey what made Starbuck a charming character. Just look at the picture of him you chose in your signature. I really cannot imagine anyone who liked Starbuck being turned off by a smirk or wry smile on their figure.

Aloha gang,
I wanted to give an update here that behind the scenes, WGP are growing. We've (possibly) found two new seamstresses, (which can translate into the Galactican uniforms happening sooner)

Best of all, Sean has brought in a sculptor friend to the studio who's specialty is likenesses. He is currently working on Apollo, and he E-mailed me this morning and asked "has anyone done a Jane Seymour yet? I'd really like to make one." So now we will be making a Serina too!

The good news is while I don't know how many heads she'll sell with just Galactica, but I think with the Bond fans involved she will sell quite well.

tve15667-19781001-417.gif

image.jpg

We would like to know an interest level in her however if people would pipe up and let us know. Because she has such long hair we will make her bald so she can wear a wig we will specially commission to fit our head.

Sean just started over on SB from scratch. he said it is the single hardest likeness he has ever done! :gah:

Will helmets be available? As a Pegasus helmet would be fantastic.

BSG Majestic Question, did they ever actually release Commander Cain figure?

Will helmets be available? As a Pegasus helmet would be fantastic.

BSG Majestic Question, did they ever actually release Commander Cain figure?

No, Majestic/Amok Time never came out with Athena, Lucifer, Tigh, or Commander Caine. :(

Right now our plan is to make all new, ultra-detailed uniforms to upgrade into something nicer. The Galactica uniforms are my favorite sci-fi uniforms ever made and I want them done right! However, since so many fans already own the original Majestic/Amok Time Galactica releases, we plan on not re-making the boots, helmets, belts and guns because they were already pretty nice and having people just use theirs.

When we get to Commander Cain we'll see what the demand is for a specialized helmet.
-Rick :)

I love it when a plan comes together.

Oh bad news on the other releases from the Majestic/Amok Time line.

Does sound like a plan and look forward to seeing these sets become available.

Oh hell yes I for one will be rooting for a Commander Cain Head, uniform and helmet :D Living Legend in my collection OH I THINK SO :D

Oh also any plans (for the future) for the All Black "Infiltration" uniform?? Maybe the heavy cold weather coat, mask gear?

Oh bad news on the other releases from the Majestic/Amok Time line.

Does sound like a plan and look forward to seeing these sets become available.

Oh hell yes I for one will be rooting for a Commander Cain Head, uniform and helmet :D Living Legend in my collection OH I THINK SO :D

Oh also any plans (for the future) for the All Black "Infiltration" uniform?? Maybe the heavy cold weather coat, mask gear?

I LOVE Classic Galactica, and we will go as far as forum interest carries us. I want a Boomer, Sheba, Athena, Lucifer, Baltar, etc, but we need at least 16 confirmed people for each character saying they are interested in them before we would start.

The good news is once we get the male and female Viper pilot outfits made, there are a lot of characters we can make that can use them! :)

As for other costumes, all we have really discussed is possibly the Ceremonial dress outfits with the cape perhaps, but if there was enough demand for the others we would never say no. :)

I'm still in for better head sculpts for my Majestic BSG Apollo and Starbuck, that look more like Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict. I got the figures a few years ago. But I was never happy with the poor head sculpts. Plus Starbuck's right forearm constantly falls off if you just "look at it wrong". So I hope to upgrade him and Apollo to some HT TT bodies someday too.

I'm still in for better head sculpts for my Majestic BSG Apollo and Starbuck, that look more like Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict. I got the figures a few years ago. But I was never happy with the poor head sculpts. Plus Starbuck's right forearm constantly falls off if you just "look at it wrong". So I hope to upgrade him and Apollo to some HT TT bodies someday too.

The first thing I did was swap bodies on them. I had the original Apollo and Starbuck repainted and that did improve the look. It seems, at least for now, that will have to do.

Yeah, I'll swap out those poor bodies first. I want to get the custom heads from this thread, rather than repainting the Majestic ones I have now.

Here's Sean's new Starbuck head nearly finished, (though there still might be some tweaks yet).

StarbuckJune.jpg

Looking good, this wait is killing us...

............ Still not seeing Benedict in the sculpt. Getting almost a Dack Rambo vibe.

Back