WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica interest thread

WOW Surfing found the thread again and the great updates. I would be interested in the Jane Seymore, Athena HS Basically all the figures Majestic was slated to do. I will be buying the heads when ready after the first of the year. Saving a little on shipping plus we might get a look at sample uniforms/outfits.

Cool! Thanks! So you know we are on Facebook now so you can get updates sent to you if you "like" us on there, at "Warriors Gate Productions". :)

Re: WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread (Apollo WIP up!)

Apollo looks good.
I am anxious to see him with the finalized hair.

Im intersected in both of these but Ive no time to paint em, will there be a painted option available for both ???

(have to agree the bottom lip on Starbuck needs reducing a touch)

Im intersected in both of these but Ive no time to paint em, will there be a painted option available for both ???

(have to agree the bottom lip on Starbuck needs reducing a touch)

I have VERY exciting news. After Chu's PHENOMENAL work on Apollo, Sean's asked him if he wouldn't mind tweaking Seans Starbuck.., and he did! I will have new Starbuck pics to share later tonight or tomorrow! Keep a look out! :)

Our normal painter, Greggo, is soooooo backed up and busy painting the Doctor Who protos for Big Chief, I will need to see what his schedule is for being commissioned for paints, otherwise WGP may need to find a temp replacement to fill in for us to help him out. Stay Tuned!
-Rick

Both heads still WIP-

Starbuck by Chu Kw:

starbuck3.jpg

starbuck2.jpg

Apollo by Chu KW

Apollo10142.jpg

Apollo1014.jpg

Now thats Hatch a Benedict lmk when these come available and if paints are an option . . pm me prices etc

Many Thx

Ok, Apollo is so close, I'd take him as is. Starbuck is still off in my opinion. Not sure what it is, just isn't Dirk. Definitely prefer the older style hair on Starbuck though. The new hair is too thick/full. Liked the texture and way it laid better in the old one.

Ok, Apollo is so close, I'd take him as is. Starbuck is still off in my opinion. Not sure what it is, just isn't Dirk. Definitely prefer the older style hair on Starbuck though. The new hair is too thick/full. Liked the texture and way it laid better in the old one.

As always, thanks for the feedback. FYI- these are still WIP- the hair detail happens last after the face is signed off on, what you see now is just "placement" rough hair to help see if the likeness is there.
-Rick :)

I am liking this Starbuck more, though something still seems slightly ...."off"

I am liking this Starbuck more, though something still seems slightly ...."off"

Maybe the eyes are too big and the bottom lid is too puffy? Also, when he smiles, his crow's feet are pretty apparent. Maybe that's part of it? I'm also seeing that his brow bone is too close to his eyes.

What about giving him a cigar for his mouth? that would be pretty cool!

Maybe the eyes are too big and the bottom lid is too puffy? Also, when he smiles, his crow's feet are pretty apparent. Maybe that's part of it? I'm also seeing that his brow bone is too close to his eyes.

What about giving him a cigar for his mouth? that would be pretty cool!

I'm about to post up the new revisions so lets see what you guys think about SB then. All crits are appreciated.

As far as different versions of Starbuck, if the numbers are there, definitely. The problem with certain characters like Starbuck is that there are a FEW iconic looks you can go for- smiling, serious, w/cigar, etc.

Personally, my Starbuck is going to be in a firefight against Cylons so I wanted him non-smiling because he wasn't cocky in fights, he was scared. (but I lost out on here-laugh. Everyone else wanted him smirking or smiling).

So if enough people ever want another version of a character we make, we are good to go.

Otherwise, I am not sure if everyone is aware we will tweak any of our sculpts for you for $150 to give it a different hairstyle, expression, etc to customize it just for you. :)

Here is the latest revisions on the Galactica heads where Chu did tweaks, then added eyebrows and detail to the hair. Chu is working 14 hours a head of us and he's like lightning, so he's often several steps ahead of us. :)

Apollo2.jpg

Apollo1.jpg

starbuck3-1.jpg

starbuck2-1.jpg

Starbuck-4.jpg

WOW, they look great!!! I'm sure I could find maybe a few tiny details, but as is, they are the best representations of these characters yet, or probably to come. Great job! They do look a lot better with details to the hair.

Any chance of getting some skin texture on them?

PS - that new Starbuck smirk is way better than the first. Kudos! I think the only thing I would possibly change would be the bottom portion of his hair. It never seemed that poofy or thick and curly. Always seemed more straight and unkempt and not as bulky. I might also pull back the bottom portion of the side of his hair closer to his ear and jaw line. Seems like maybe his ear should show just a bit on his left side.

Last edited:

WOW, they look great!!! I'm sure I could find maybe a few tiny details, but as is, they are the best representations of these characters yet, or probably to come. Great job! They do look a lot better with details to the hair.

Any chance of getting some skin texture on them?

PS - that new Starbuck smirk is way better than the first. Kudos! I think the only thing I would possibly change would be the bottom portion of his hair. It never seemed that poofy or thick and curly. Always seemed more straight and unkempt and not as bulky. I might also pull back the bottom portion of the side of his hair closer to his ear and jaw line. Seems like maybe his ear should show just a bit on his left side.

I actually agree SB's hair needs to be straight in the back to be in character and not curly. I know exactly the pics Chu took that from so he was not wrong, and Starbucks hair is actually a 70's nightmare picture to picture because it is all over the place in length, placement, etc.

I'm glad you feel the likeness is better. I feel Chu really did an awesome job on these, making them as stand-out iconic as Seans Batman Returns stuff.

Let me just re-iterate gorgeous Galactica figures is something I've wanted as a child so I'm doing the "Snoopy" dance over here every time I open another E-mail.

Strategically I think we will do Boomer next so we get the three main Colonial Warriors out of the way. Also, since we will be making the Colonial Warrior costumes it equally makes sense to make him now, then we will move on to the female pilots?

Also, to any newbies here, yell out whoever you want to have made next you are interested in and I will mark that down.

Please be expressing interest in Boomer at this point as well just to get that list rolling.
-Rick :)

These two look outstanding, so I'm interested in the others that you all do. As far as the two characters i want most, which may never make it, but they are Muffit, hands down my #1 pick and next, Cylons!!!!!

I can imagine you doing a Snoopy dance because these are wonderful! Can't wait to see more and hope that these two will be offered very, very soon.

These two look outstanding, so I'm interested in the others that you all do. As far as the two characters i want most, which may never make it, but they are Muffit, hands down my #1 pick and next, Cylons!!!!!

Thank you for your compliments. No character is impossible for us to make. Peoples interests dictate what will get made, and when our Galactica line is over.

Sean is laughing at me because I want a 1:6 Viper so bad. At 4 Ft long it would be VERY impracticable no matter how much I want one. So then I designed this as a concept to make a Viper smaller (laugh).
snowbank2.jpg

I suspect it's still a tad too big. :gah:

So Muffet was never made. I can see how there would be interest there. Would other people actually want us to make Cylons too considering the Majestic ones are still out there and in terms of army-building, cheaper than what we could make them for?

PS- Lucifer will be coming up soon as well. I really want him. I dunno if he would be light-up though.

No 1/6 cylon to date is worth having. I'm sure for the price, you guys would do an outstanding job and there would be great interest

Are this for sale now? I love them both!

Back