WELCOME TO THE DOLLHOUSE! Joss and Eliza on Fox again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats supposedly the premise though, that Echo starts to develop a personality and retain it, despite the wiping.

the show is OK i guess. the whole premise seems kinda lame. they should have the "dolls" be average joes and then they upload "skills" so they can carry out missions or something without wiping their personality away each time. then they could remove the uploads when the mission is complete and they go back to being average joes again. kinda hard to devlop characters if they play a different role each week and then revert back to a near braindead vegetable.

But then it wouldn't be so unique now would it?

screw unique. unique gets cancelled.:D

What makes you say that?
CSI:
CSI: Miami
CSI: NY
Law And Order
Law and Order Special Victims
Law And Order Criminal Intent
Any of the sitcoms featuring fat guys with hot wives
etc
etc
etc?

What makes you say that?
CSI:
CSI: Miami
CSI: NY
Law And Order
Law and Order Special Victims
Law And Order Criminal Intent
Any of the sitcoms featuring fat guys with hot wives
etc
etc
etc?
yup. you found quite a pattern there.:lol
especially the sitcoms about the fat guy with the hot chick.

Thats supposedly the premise though, that Echo starts to develop a personality and retain it, despite the wiping.

Bingo. You already saw that happening in the first episode. Obviously it's not just gonna be her losing everything at the end each time. Plus her "watcher" is starting to have mixed feelings it seems. The FBI man investigating, has LOADS of potential... It's been ONE episode.

well, i'm re-watching it and so far its pretty good, but nothing spectacular for an intro episode. hopefully Joss can find some magic for this show and it won't get cancelled halfway into the first season. you'd think he would've learned to avoid Fox by now.

Just watched this last night. It has a lot of potential. It also has the potential to be kinda like Quantum Leap each week, so they will have to be careful to not fall in that trap....

I'll definitely give this a chance.

Hope Amy acker is a regualar?

Just watched this last night. It has a lot of potential. It also has the potential to be kinda like Quantum Leap each week, so they will have to be careful to not fall in that trap....

I'll definitely give this a chance.

Hope Amy acker is a regualar?
dude, that's what i was trying to realize. watching it i was like, "this feels like another show i've seen before" quantum leap seems like a fit for this one. and i love amy acker and its too bad her face is all mangled up in this show.

i'll be there
it's right after terminator of course, so might as well make it a movie event:banana

hope this ones better than last weeks

Joss does it again!!!

Shoulder to the wheel. :cool:

Tonight's episode was awesome, in typical Joss fashion.

*whew* Tonight's episode was SOOOO much better than the pilot. Hopefully the show can stay afloat as I'm really interested to see where it all leads.

It was a considerable improvement over the first episode, but I'm still not sold on the show. I'll give it a little while longer, but I think it would almost have to do a complete 180 to hook me in. It's a shame. I want to love this show so much, but right now I wouldn't shed a tear if it was canceled.

It was a considerable improvement over the first episode, but I'm still not sold on the show. I'll give it a little while longer, but I think it would almost have to do a complete 180 to hook me in. It's a shame. I want to love this show so much, but right now I wouldn't shed a tear if it was canceled.

:monkey2 The train might be leaving you behind....(j/k)

What do you feel is missing?

Well, first and foremost the sharp dialogue that Whedon is known for. That's what made me a fan of his, and its absence is glaring.

Secondly, I'm not so sure that this concept can sustain a series. If the main character is just wiped clean at the end of every episode, how can we develop sympathy for her? I realize she's showing signs of remembering, but this needs to move faster. As is, I really don't care about Echo. The only reason I see to be invested in her is because she is the main character and the shows tells us we have to.

On another note, the character of Ballard seems like his plotline could be interesting, but it looks like he will be spending most of his time running around in the background, not really interacting with the rest of the cast (which is kinda funny when you consider that the actor spent the entire first season of BSG doing exactly that.) The programmer also gets on my nerves. He almost seems like they're trying to repeat Wash, except Wash was a funny and endearing character.

I liked the banter between Topher and Boyd. It was funny! I want more of that. I want witty banter.

I def though this episode was better. Very exciting. I can't wait for next weeks. Eliza in another short outfit.

Are we going to keep both threads? I hope I don't have to put my shoulder to the wheel to keep up.

Back