WELCOME TO THE DOLLHOUSE! Joss and Eliza on Fox again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, it was ok. if it wasn't after terminator i probably wouldn't of watched.

seems odd that they would start the first show off with a near sighted, inhaling, mentally unsound character:confused:

maybe so the next can only get better. was a good story line all the same, nice connection to the kidnapper.

oh yeah, let's just let them walk over the top secret facility, and walk right through unlocked doors into the mind altering area.wth that was dumb.

seems odd that they would start the first show off with a near sighted, inhaling, mentally unsound character:confused:.

Well, Whedon's not your average tv writer. I applaud the first "engagement", it was nor generic or mediocre (even though the kidnapping plot's easy). I think the Pilot was great, not extraordinary, but it has a lot of potential

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was really amazing. I watched it twice thru and then bits and pieces of it later.

Not hooked yet. But seeing as the first season is only 8 episodes, I'll be sticking around to get a feel for it all.

Trev

Yeah, this has to pick up fast. And I hope it does. It''ll prolly take a few more EPs for Joss to hit his rhythm and groove.

You need to cool down after all that dancing Eliza did Eli? ;)

Anyone have the full version of Jonatha Brookes song? (opening credits of Dollhouse).

She danced?! DAMMIT I WANT PICS! I ONLY SAW THE LAST 30 MINS!!!

OMG it was so hot. I don't care that I'm a girl, I can say that. She was wearing this really short white dress. And when I say short, I mean so short it didn't cover much. And she danced and it was...hot. I feel bad for you that you missed it because I've replayed it like 40 times. :eek:

OMG it was so hot. I don't care that I'm a girl, I can say that. She was wearing this really short white dress. And when I say short, I mean so short it didn't cover much. And she danced and it was...hot. I feel bad for you that you missed it because I've replayed it like 40 times. :eek:

Yeah, that dressing was ridiculous!!!! Good thing she had on underwear or she would been flashing the camera.

This felt like the start of any previous Whedon series. The pilot shows off the premise, but the good stuff will be coming later. I am intrigued by the supporting cast far more than learning anything about Echo. I like the actors involved too, Harry Lennix and Olivia Williams are great, and the guy investigating the dollhouse seemed interesting too. Eliza never struck me as a great actress though, and she wasn't very convincing in the negotiation business. Hopefully the second episode picks up and the series has a chance to find it's legs.

I remember that with buffy and firefly it was at least 2-4 episodes in, that I was like "wow! this is an amazing show." I think Joss just works that way. He slow builds his stories and they tend to grab us by surprise. before I knew it I was hooked and I was tuning in every week to find out what was to happen with the scoobies. And I couldn't believe I was hooked on a western sci-fi like firefly but it rocked, but thats Joss! he's an amazing writer/creator. Iam more than willing to see where this new show is going just on the simple fact that it is the brain child of Joss Wheadon!! :rock :rock

I hope thats true. I just was not impressed. I'm gonna watch and see what happens.

the show is OK i guess. the whole premise seems kinda lame. they should have the "dolls" be average joes and then they upload "skills" so they can carry out missions or something without wiping their personality away each time. then they could remove the uploads when the mission is complete and they go back to being average joes again. kinda hard to devlop characters if they play a different role each week and then revert back to a near braindead vegetable.

Back