WELCOME TO THE DOLLHOUSE! Joss and Eliza on Fox again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been confirmed that Fox will air all 13 episodes this season. So, it's not going anywhere this season. But whether it sticks around for another, that's, um, well not even up for debate. You know it's not coming back. Otherwise that would be a miracle, and we'd all be witness to it!

:lol yeah it would have to undergo some major changes to be kept another season and I dont think it will get the outcry from the fans like (Roswell did) to keep it around. Im to the point of not caring myself. :(

Hmmm, my DVR didn't record it this past Friday for some reason... Did it not air? Was it a rerun? Is my DVR being stupid? :confused:

Oh good. Cause I really don't want to watch it right now. But I don't want it dead. I want Joss to have a successful show. Seriously, I'm rootin for Joss alone in all of this.

No one throw stones at me but the show just doesn't have the magic touch for me like Buffy or Firefly. I don't know what's missing, the episodes are interesting but I can't say it's appointment tv for me like Buffy was.

i tried watching ole Dollhouse the first season and it just didn't hold my attention. I think because none of the characters' roles were defined,and not being able to root for one particular imprint was distracting. totally manchurian candidatey in premise but not with the payoff.

I watch the show but I'm really not bothered that there won't be a season 3. This didn't seem like the kind of show that could go 5 seasons and stay interesting anyway.

I am glad there are plans to give it closure instead of just having it end abruptly though.

I'm absolutely gutted about this. This is one of our very few MUST WATCH programs each week. It started off with an interesting (and really creepy) premise... and it's only been getting better and better. As the actives start to remember things after each memory wipe and we get slower longer overriding story arcs its just becoming more and more fascinating.

...and then it gets cancelled. :(

I doubt anyone is very surprised by this. The ratings were horrible.
Once again, it is mystifying that people would rather watch "reality TV crap" and "NCSICSI New Miami-land", than something that requires more thought.

Ugh.

At least we still have Joss' work in comic form.

never really found this to be very good, personally, when my wife was watching. she gave up on this season after only a few episodes.

It really didn't get it's legs until near the end of the first season. There were hits and misses before that, but if you stay with it until the end of season one, you should be happy.

I recall Buffy being pretty similar.

TV shows aren't given an opportunity to hit their stride any more, they have to bring in ratings from the get-go. And Fox is notorious for cancelling shows that haven't had a chance to really develop an audience. Bastards.

Anyway, Dollhouse was lucky to even get a second season and we all know it. While not unexpected, I'm still a little sad about the show being cancelled, I was looking forward to seeing where the show would go with Alexis Denisof and Summer Glau, but I'll just have to hope that there's some kind of completion to the open story lines. :banghead

All I have to say is.....Thanks Fox. :banghead :banghead :banghead

What do they expect when you put a show like this is the Friday Night "Doom-o-Block"????

Back