VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For years I've been hearing about the Tamiya weather kit... its powders, right? I usually use acrylic paint but this weathering kit has always made me curious -- seems pre-made for this kind of "dirty, sandy" weathering. Anyone familiar with it? And how it works?

It’s what I used on my furiosa, very good for clothing and general dirt. There is a sandy, light sand and oil set that feels like it was pre-made to work with her. Layers are key. They aren’t permanent though like drybrushing acrylic. They can come off a bit due to being an oily type powder. Kind of reminds me of make-up in a way.
But the plus is that it really is a super easy and effective way to make the weathering look authentic. Also used it on my sphero R2D2 and it worked really great
785d1c0721479d69f3581b8a20186d41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for the hell of it, here's a quick before and after shot of mine. For anyone else that might be considering a body swap.

View attachment 417322

you got her to really look more like Charlize. awesome job!!!!!! :) did you strip and repaint the entire head or just added more paint?

you did all that with acrylic too? is that what most people use for heads? acrylic paint?

Thanks. Yeah I painted over the existing paint after first spraying it with dullcoat. And I just use that cheap craft paint you see in the background (because I'm cheap).

Pretty sure others use higher quality paints, but I already spend way too much on this hobby as it is. :D

It’s what I used on my furiosa, very good for clothing and general dirt. There is a sandy, light sand and oil set that feels like it was pre-made to work with her. Layers are key. They aren’t permanent though like drybrushing acrylic. They can come off a bit due to being an oily type powder. Kind of reminds me of make-up in a way.
But the plus is that it really is a super easy and effective way to make the weathering look authentic. Also used it on my sphero R2D2 and it worked really great

Thanks for that explanation. I might try them here. I've always wanted to give them a go.

Like actual dirt? Doesn't it come off as you touch it and work with the figure over time?

No it's not real dirt, just different colors and grains of sand basically. And some of it might come off by touch, but enough will stay on to give it that dusted look. Plus I don't tend to repose my figures very much anyway.

No it's not real dirt, just different colors and grains of sand basically. And some of it might come off by touch, but enough will stay on to give it that dusted look. Plus I don't tend to repose my figures very much anyway.

Interesting, I may have to look into that. I always thought it would be much easier to "dust" say an Indy figure if I had actual 1/6th scale dust. Like talcum powder but not white.

Interesting, I may have to look into that. I always thought it would be much easier to "dust" say an Indy figure if I had actual 1/6th scale dust. Like talcum powder but not white.

I use the same. Not really permanent, but as long as you leave it alone it’s fine.

785d1c0721479d69f3581b8a20186d41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

downside is you need to seal it with clear coat so they don't come off.

Just bought a s17b body from KGHobby and I'm super nervous at the prospect of everything that goes into this mod, but I want a Furiosa with shelf presence.

I haven't tried any body recoloring yet, to the 23B, but I think I was able to get the neck length a little shorter. I shaved down the solid end of the neck adapter allowing it to push a few more millimeters into the sculpt.

42523376985_537e3bf643.jpg

43428015341_8e8c8f37ef.jpg

41620660860_8ed942b9b4_z.jpg

Has anyone tried fitting it to the HT wonder woman body? I know the head is too tiny for it but I'm planning on sculpting my own head and I'll probably use that body. Just want to know if it will fit.

Has anyone tried fitting it to the HT wonder woman body? I know the head is too tiny for it but I'm planning on sculpting my own head and I'll probably use that body. Just want to know if it will fit.

I have the WW body waiting but I haven't yet tried fitting the clothing on her. It doesn't look to be much different than the Phicens people are using. WW may have slightly wider shoulders and perhaps slightly larger thighs.

It's a project I hope to get to soon ... but I've been holding off waiting for a larger head.

I have the WW body waiting but I haven't yet tried fitting the clothing on her. It doesn't look to be much different than the Phicens people are using. WW may have slightly wider shoulders and perhaps slightly larger thighs.

It's a project I hope to get to soon ... but I've been holding off waiting for a larger head.

Tried it on the WW. I can't put on the pants and the shirt, even with powder. Thighs and hips are just too big. And I think the diameter of the arms near the shoulder is too big. I know people said it's hard fitting the clothing on a bigger body, so I don't know if I tried hard enough. Just don't want to damage anything.

I really don't like the TBLeaugue/Phicen bodies. If I'm planning on using a bigger head in the the future, What are the best alternatives? Preferably HT, just might just trade this WW body.

Well that's bad news. The best I've seen this figure look is with the S17B body so far. I don't think there's another "muscular female" HT body other than Wonder Woman that shows bare shoulders and arms unfortunately. So for the time being, we are stuck.

We're in the same boat: Either try the S17B body ... OR try harder to get those clothes on -- I plan on pre-stretching the clothing for a few days prior to putting them on the figure.

Well that's bad news. The best I've seen this figure look is with the S17B body so far. I don't think there's another "muscular female" HT body other than Wonder Woman that shows bare shoulders and arms unfortunately. So for the time being, we are stuck.

We're in the same boat: Either try the S17B body ... OR try harder to get those clothes on -- I plan on pre-stretching the clothing for a few days prior to putting them on the figure.

How do you pre-stretch?

Yeah, I think the S17b looks great, only if you're using the stock head and you don't care much about being accurate with CT's proportions. She has wide shoulders. So if we're going to get an aventual headsculpt upgrade it won't be as accurate.

I was really very hopeful with the WW body. It really looks great and would have been perfect if the damn clothes just aren't so tiny.

Tried it on the WW. I can't put on the pants and the shirt, even with powder. Thighs and hips are just too big. And I think the diameter of the arms near the shoulder is too big. I know people said it's hard fitting the clothing on a bigger body, so I don't know if I tried hard enough. Just don't want to damage anything.

I really don't like the TBLeaugue/Phicen bodies. If I'm planning on using a bigger head in the the future, What are the best alternatives? Preferably HT, just might just trade this WW body.

Yeah I think the only other alternative is a HT body. Someone on FB got really good results with a AOU Black Widow body with ankle extenders:

FB_IMG_1532192752257.jpg

^^ That doesn't look too bad but still too frail for Furiosa. She wasn't a slim girl like the fashion models she trucked around.

How do you pre-stretch?

I was really very hopeful with the WW body. It really looks great and would have been perfect if the damn clothes just aren't so tiny.

Yeah, me too. To pre-stretch, I would get the clothing wet then stuff the clothing as full as possible with towels or paper, just to get the stretch started, and let it air dry over a couple days. It will still be a tight fit I imagine, but I've stretched clothing in advance before with good results. Not sure how much more room WW needs but shoulders and thighs were always my concern.

I'm most interested in getting that shirt to fit. The shoulders/arms are the critical part of the WW body for Furiosa.

I think you could swap out the WW legs -- you don't really need her bare legs in those pants. In fact, just swap out the entire lower torso.

Last edited:
^^ That doesn't look too bad but still too frail for Furiosa. She wasn't a slim girl like the fashion models she trucked around.

Yeah, me too. To pre-stretch, I would get the clothing wet then stuff the clothing as full as possible with towels or paper, just to get the stretch started, and let it air dry over a couple days. It will still be a tight fit I imagine, but I've stretched clothing in advance before with good results. Not sure how much more room WW needs but shoulders and thighs were always my concern.

I'm most interested in getting that shirt to fit. The shoulders/arms are the critical part of the WW body for Furiosa.

I think you could swap out the WW legs -- you don't really need her bare legs in those pants. In fact, just swap out the entire lower torso.

Yeah, I'll try that soon.

I was also considering swapping her legs. Any cheap suggestions for this?

personally I like the 23B better because she's got more curve and muscle tone to the body and she's taller. Might have a larger chest, but that doesn't bother me. Here's another of mine, but still haven't had a chance to dirty her skin or paint her forehead. But on my shelf, she looks really good IMO. Pix don't do it justice.

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

Last edited:
Back