VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple more work in progress shots of my Furiosa, after I finally managed to get the outfit on. I still need to dirty and weather it up a bunch and probably darken the neck and upper arms a bit more, but I definitely like the proportions a whole lot more now. I also made her a quick tube top to help rein in the bust.

View attachment 417092

View attachment 417093

And here's a size comparison with my Max after I shortened him down to the right height and buffed him up a bit.

View attachment 417095

Really outstanding bash right there. She looks amazing.

This thread makes me sad. I was so looking forward to this figure, but I don’t have the time or money to invest in everything needed to make this one worthwhile. The customs really show what this could have been. VTS really screwed the pooch on this one.

Really awesome pics and mods davejames!!!!!

For anyone who has never modded (this is my first), even if all you do is swap the body, it makes a huge difference and she becomes a great collectible for any Mad Max fan. I was super bummed when they first showed her final product and was ready to cancel, but decided to get her because its one of my all-time favorite films and i don't regret it for a second. I used the 23B body because i wanted more muscle and the pic doesn't do her justice. Eventually going to paint her forehead and dirty her skin a little. But really love the figure now. The clothing and accessories alone make it worth it to do the at least the body swap IMO. :)

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 12.21.32 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! And yeah while I can understand people's frustration, I'm personally really glad now that I kept mine and that others here showed it was possible to mod into a nice figure. Because it's probably not something I would have tried otherwise.

Looks great! And yeah while I can understand people's frustration, I'm personally really glad now that I kept mine and that others here showed it was possible to mod into a nice figure. Because it's probably not something I would have tried otherwise.

thx!!! quick question, what type of paint do i use for the forehead?

I just used some cheap craft paint myself, mixing dark brown with a bit of black and some gloss. Then I watered it down and dabbed it on with a sponge, starting light and gradually darkening in some areas.

I probably could have mixed in some sand or something for more of a grittier look, but will probably save that for whenever a better sculpt comes along.

Yeah, having a good Furiosa head makes all the difference too. Its the only thing holding me up on my own Furiosa conversion.

Its a relief to see the likeness in the sculpt after all -- now if only I could paint like davejames.

That comparison really drive home how strange the choice of body was on VTS' part. It truly looks like the Young Furiosa chronicles.

Yeah it's amazing how much more adult the Phicen suddenly makes her look, and not just because of the bigger breasts. And the cool thing is there are some parts that already seem scaled better for the larger body, like the metal arm and belts. It's really only the boots and head that are a bit too small now.

For years I've been hearing about the Tamiya weather kit... its powders, right? I usually use acrylic paint but this weathering kit has always made me curious -- seems pre-made for this kind of "dirty, sandy" weathering. Anyone familiar with it? And how it works?

I have one of those sets and it's basically like dry brushing with a hard chalk pastel. It goes on really light at first and takes a lot of brushing to build up. I've found it useful for weathering weapons or armor, but not sure about anything else. For clothing I prefer using actual pastel.

And in the case of Max, I also used model railroad dirt, which is probably my favorite way to dirty something up.

Back