VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a shot at repainting the head, since I didn't really care for how overly bronze they made her, and so I could have a better skin tone to match the Phicen to. I'm still not the best at painting eyes, but I tried having her look more to the side as well.

Not sure the likeness is improved all that much, but I guess it's a decent enough placeholder until a better sculpt comes along.

View attachment 416675

View attachment 416676

Holy hell -- is that the stock sculpt? Your paintwork has really brought out the hidden likeness like I've never seen before. GREAT WORK, man! Excellent work!

She might have the pants tugged into the right boot in some scenes, don’t remember, but in most they’re not.
I like what’s done with the Phicken body, but it’s quite curvy and I’m debating if I’ll choose a too curvy body or stay with the too skinny, but not curvy, HT body that I’m using at the moment. I think I’ll stay with this one for now until a new head will decide what looks right. I’m starting to really like her....
999ecabe1c74929fdd17981a0067c9c5.jpg
Wish I could buy the Max to the far right. That figure look awesome

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk

Holy hell -- is that the stock sculpt? Your paintwork has really brought out the hidden likeness like I've never seen before. GREAT WORK, man! Excellent work!

Thanks! I guess there is a pretty decent likeness to Theron in the sculpt, but it's still a bit more vague than I'd like it to be.

Wish I could buy the Max to the far right. That figure look awesome

Same here. What head is that using by the way? I really love the more manic look it seems to have, which feels a whole lot more accurate to the movie than the dull expression of the VTS head.

Thanks! I guess there is a pretty decent likeness to Theron in the sculpt, but it's still a bit more vague than I'd like it to be.

Same here. What head is that using by the way? I really love the more manic look it seems to have, which feels a whole lot more accurate to the movie than the dull expression of the VTS head.
No clue at all. Wish I knew myself. Ask slikkerias

Finished her War Rig Steering wheel + Her 2nd head repainted
The 3D file for 1/6 scale Steering wheel is on Thingiverse for anyone wants to 3D print it ( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2994081 )

41481877150_931ae083c7_z.jpg

And I'm done with Furiosa custom for now (Still working on Max's motorcycle custom)
43241866692_c233f53028_z.jpg

Fantastic work! Just wish I had a 3D printer. And I noticed you added the extra wrapping to her shirt as well. I was planning to do the same thing, once I figure out how.

Fantastic work! Just wish I had a 3D printer. And I noticed you added the extra wrapping to her shirt as well. I was planning to do the same thing, once I figure out how.
Thanks. 3d printer these days aren't that crazy expensive, but it's a lot of work (+a lot of fun -health hazard)
For the extra wrapping, I tried using medical cloth tape, but added too much thickness. I used thin medical paper tape instead + weathering

LOOKS GREAT!!!
Thanks!

Tried another shot under daylight
43251932372_cfbe772606_b.jpg

Thanks. 3d printer these days aren't that crazy expensive, but it's a lot of work (+a lot of fun -health hazard)
For the extra wrapping, I tried using medical cloth tape, but added too much thickness. I used thin medical paper tape instead + weathering

Thanks!

Tried another shot under daylight
43251932372_cfbe772606_b.jpg

looks great!!!! :) i got her with a 23B body myself but i havnt painted her skin yet? what did you use to paint her skin? Pastels? did you seal it too? And how did you do her forehead?

If anyone needs loose parts, check Monkey Depot now. I was able to get everything I wanted, except the goggles.

Huh, I've always loved this poster but never noticed until now that she's wearing a slightly different outfit on it. With some leggings, a different belt, and some kind of leather wrap around her waist. I wonder if there's any other pics of this outfit out there?

Would probably make for a cool custom figure.

hhkkk.JPG

Huh, I've always loved this poster but never noticed until now that she's wearing a slightly different outfit on it. With some leggings, a different belt, and some kind of leather wrap around her waist. I wonder if there's any other pics of this outfit out there?

Would probably make for a cool custom figure.

View attachment 416957

Shes also wearing post apocalyptic uggs!

A couple more work in progress shots of my Furiosa, after I finally managed to get the outfit on. I still need to dirty and weather it up a bunch and probably darken the neck and upper arms a bit more, but I definitely like the proportions a whole lot more now. I also made her a quick tube top to help rein in the bust.

20180710_212512 (526x925).jpg

20180710_212159 (628x925).jpg

And here's a size comparison with my Max after I shortened him down to the right height and buffed him up a bit.

20180710_211506 (831x925).jpg

Looking good davejames I’m tempted to bring max down a peg or two (deliberate bad joke). Will have to see if I can find a shorter bod maybe as the one on mine is not stock I think (he has hair texture on the forearms).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I didn't end up using it, but I initially bought a Wade Wilson body off TA that was shorter, had much better arms, and would have worked great for Max. Ultimately though I just decided to mod the stock body since it was all going to be covered up anyway.

A couple more work in progress shots of my Furiosa, after I finally managed to get the outfit on. I still need to dirty and weather it up a bunch and probably darken the neck and upper arms a bit more, but I definitely like the proportions a whole lot more now. I also made her a quick tube top to help rein in the bust.
And here's a size comparison with my Max after I shortened him down to the right height and buffed him up a bit.

Nice job! They are looking great together!

Back