VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Furiosa yesterday, and even though I've seen all the pics, it was still startling to see just how tiny she looks next to Max. I was originally planning to switch her over to a Pepper body, but seeing as it would only add about 1/2 inch to her height, I'll probably have to get a Phicen for her after all.

Ugh, that's gonna be a lot of work.

But worth it. Only way to go.

The scale issue has to be the worst I have ever seen. Makes the complaints about Ripley and Rey seem ridiculous.

Got my Furiosa yesterday, and even though I've seen all the pics, it was still startling to see just how tiny she looks next to Max. I was originally planning to switch her over to a Pepper body, but seeing as it would only add about 1/2 inch to her height, I'll probably have to get a Phicen for her after all.

Ugh, that's gonna be a lot of work.

The bigger body makes it worth it. I hated to drop aother $60 on a larger body, but I liked the end result

Nice video gogul1.

What about this 28.5cm body. It's a little to muscly I think but it comes out to be 11.22 inches.
The 25b looks good to.

13400.jpg

I think that S22A you're looking at is just the pale version of the S23B that most people in here have opted to use. I decided to order a S17B for mine, as I preferred the mod someone did with that one. It's already bigger and more muscular than the stock body, but is a bit more natural and doesn't make her look so much like a female wrestler.

I think that S22A you're looking at is just the pale version of the S23B that most people in here have opted to use. I decided to order a S17B for mine, as I preferred the mod someone did with that one. It's already bigger and more muscular than the stock body, but is a bit more natural and doesn't make her look so much like a female wrestler.
post pics when your done!

Got my Furiosa in today and have the S23B waiting for: arm slicing, magnet instillation, and porting of clothing and accessories to the new body. Wish me luck...I will need it. @gogul1 thank you very much for your informative video, it helps with many aspects of what needs to be done and an excellent template of weathering. I do need to get my hands on the Tamiya weathering kit however! So I will post pictures when I get this done.

:clap

Good luck!

What gogul how-to video? I've seen a couple but I missed his how-to I guess.

Well I should have prefaced my comments of 'how too' with him just explaining how he modified/cut the arm and installed the magnet on the new body. Anyways thank you for the luck, with my limited skills I will need it...

Sigh, I was just about to post pics of my Max that I finally weathered and repainted and finished up, and noticed that the thread got closed. So I guess it won't be long before this one will be as well. :(

My modded Furiosa on TBLeague S17B medium bust suntan body.

Attachments

• IMG_00000145.jpg
    IMG_00000145.jpg
    818.7 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_00000146.jpg
    IMG_00000146.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_00000147.jpg
    IMG_00000147.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_00000149.jpg
    IMG_00000149.jpg
    624.1 KB · Views: 205
I removed the inner plug from the Furiosa HS so the head sits lower on the S17B. I used chalk pastels on the S17B pale body; I removed the magnet from the original Furiosa body; cut the forearm of the S17B using scalpel 1.25 cms from the elbow joint. Installed the magnet with crazy glue--used the end cap of the S17B arm ported and glued onto the exposed magnet. Weathered the pants, metal bits and belt using a mixture of pastel and acrylic paint to the head sculpt.

Hints: use baby powder or baking flower on the lower body. The pants were near impossible to put on! Any other body than the TBL metal skeleton body would have crumbled under the exertion of getting the pants and clothing to fit. You will need to completely untie the corset.

All in all a 2-3 hour process, but I thing well worth it.

Looks great. Love the sunburn color to the arms. Nice and dusty too.

I definitely need to start pre-stretching those pants now. I don't think I can get to this build until toward end of month.

How short are the pants on her left leg once on?

Pants length are perfect proportionally-they tuck in nicely to the boots! Once you remove the foot peg from the original Furiosa boots and put them on the S17B no issues. The main issue is the bubble butt on the S17B. The pants are lowriders at the back by .5 cms but from the front no problem. Another plus with this new body is the now longer torso--the original looks too short and squat.

Post pictures of yours when you get completed Wor.

Back