VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardest re-clothing ever! Besides weathering and solidifying the leg extenders, I'm happy with it for now. We'll see how it looks with the ML sculpt (or maybe I'll paint this with the battle makeup). Probably going to cut down Max about 1/4".

Furiosa-6.jpgFuriosa-7.jpg

I got an email from Hobby Galaxy offering to cancel any orders with a full refund on this figure, which I accepted. Anybody else get an offer like that from their distributor? It's good to see the distributor's on our side on this. I hope VTS Toys and other toy producers get the message that, at these prices. scale issues like this are serious deal-breakers. VTS should have posted in progress pictures on their Facebook account and asked for feedback when they went with this scale.

Wonder if VTS even cares at this point- we will probably not get a Joe anyhow:gah:

I got an email from Hobby Galaxy offering to cancel any orders with a full refund on this figure, which I accepted. Anybody else get an offer like that from their distributor? It's good to see the distributor's on our side on this. I hope VTS Toys and other toy producers get the message that, at these prices. scale issues like this are serious deal-breakers. VTS should have posted in progress pictures on their Facebook account and asked for feedback when they went with this scale.

Wow, I think this definitely has to be making an impression on them. Although I imagine every site probably has a long list of people on the waitlist, so it could still very well sell out anyway.

Ordered a Phicen S17B for comparison. If it doesn’t work no worries can use it for a different kitbash. Wondering if the poptoys arms are removable now as they have a small bust version that could potentially replace this with the original arms and ankle extenders. Anyone got a POPTOYS body and can check to see if arms are screwed in or not?

Also did a before and after shot of her fully weathered. I found that using a red/brown acrylic with a hint of bronze allowed there to be a bit of an oily look to some of the dirt. This made it seem more industrial and fitting with the character. Mostly on the boots and bottom edges of the trousers. Also added a bit of bronze on the metal arm as that allowed for a few very subtle colour variations in it, like it’s made of many different scrap parts. Barely noticable but keeps it looking busy.
6c580a72b8160591c6c8b0e5d905be10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't get it. it's not like actual product looks totally off from promo pics. it's like Shops not happy how it turned out even though they knew how it'd turn up. the only issue probably would be the size since promo pics always showed the figure alone.

i don't get it. it's not like actual product looks totally off from promo pics. it's like Shops not happy how it turned out even though they knew how it'd turn up. the only issue probably would be the size since promo pics always showed the figure alone.

Size is the only issue. She's 1/6.65, hence not much use as a companion for their Max.

I love the figure for what she is though. Which is why I ended up taking the ankle extensions out. I like the stock proportions that make her look like a petite teen character.

Size is the only issue. She's 1/6.65, hence not much use as a companion for their Max.

I love the figure for what she is though. Which is why I ended up taking the ankle extensions out. I like the stock proportions that make her look like a petite teen character.

the problem is not really her legs but her upper body. still disliking the figure so much just because of size...

proto pics did not show it's size but clearly the proportion is already there for buyers to watch out for.

i'm quite sure VTS just took the seamless arm and sawed off the section for the mechanical arm. so instead of getting pots body get a matching color body of your liking and work on the arm. and get a sharp knife trim off the rubber on the arm like Terminator did then use a cutter to remove the metal skeleton slightly below the cut. this will yield a clean cut not that it will be seen anyway.

the problem is not really her legs but her upper body. still disliking the figure so much just because of size...

proto pics did not show it's size but clearly the proportion is already there for buyers to watch out for.

I think the proportion looking off is an optical illusion.

There's a few things going on. The chains conceal where her crotch actually is, and the black trousers merge with the black corset so you can't tell where one ends and the other begins. Though the trouser belt does delineate it. On top of that there's the three belts.

Timewalker Toys was gracious enough to send out a warning, and I too canceled on this 1/6 figure. When you see this in the movie...

maxfurscreenshot.jpg

and then this for the figure...

image (1).jpg

The scale is waaaay off, imho. I'm thankful for shops willing to forgo the chunk of change they would have made had they just left it to the consumer to duke it out with the manufacturer.

Gentlemen, I thought that fixing the only issue that this figure has was impossible. Thanks for sharing your customs with the community. I was hesitant to pull trigger on this. Not anymore

Also did a before and after shot of her fully weathered. I found that using a red/brown acrylic with a hint of bronze allowed there to be a bit of an oily look to some of the dirt. This made it seem more industrial and fitting with the character. Mostly on the boots and bottom edges of the trousers. Also added a bit of bronze on the metal arm as that allowed for a few very subtle colour variations in it, like it’s made of many different scrap parts. Barely noticable but keeps it looking busy.
6c580a72b8160591c6c8b0e5d905be10.jpg

Really great improvement there with your weathering...

I hope VTS don't screw up the Stallone Dredd fig. Makes me wonder how they got this so badly wrong. Its funny how they overscale their Max a bit and then done this. Wondering if anyone @ VTS put the two figs side by side and said ' guys we might have an issue here. :dunno

Just opened mine up, the figure is tiny, so why is the box so big? Even assuming you were able to find a suitably sized replacement body, the head would just look really small on it. It is too small as it is. The clothing and accessories might be useable for a custom, with some modification, but as it is, the figure is a joke. Very poor for VTS, who are normally pretty good. Marty McFly towers over her. :slap

Hopefully someone else will have another crack at it, because this one is a dud. If you haven't cancelled already, do it now. I'm seriously thinking of taking about an inch off her legs and putting a blonde wig on her, to make a custom Newt figure.

Haven't opened her, but slid the cover up to see the fig...height didn't immediately strike me as that bad. placing my Max (ported onto a narrow shoulder TT KO) next to Jyn served as my comparison.

I'm pretty torn. The word Comatost did on his looks more than serviceable and would definitely be something I have no problem doing. But the question is if the Poptoys body is in fact a bit bigger.

I still stand by my interest in increasing the length of the torso barbell as a way to heighten her...I think it is doable.

Back