VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't opened her, but slid the cover up to see the fig...height didn't immediately strike me as that bad. placing my Max (ported onto a narrow shoulder TT KO) next to Jyn served as my comparison.

I'm pretty torn. The word Comatost did on his looks more than serviceable and would definitely be something I have no problem doing. But the question is if the Poptoys body is in fact a bit bigger.

I still stand by my interest in increasing the length of the torso barbell as a way to heighten her...I think it is doable.

I have a pop toys for the Carol (TWD) figure shown above. If I have some time tomorrow, I'll take her apart and compare. I may get another one anyway.

Elongating the torso should help a lot if you're up to it - that coupled with some leg extenders (Charlize has some long stems!) should work very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the great help everyone.

Someone here or on Facebook was talking about trying a Ripley body. … With as few modifications / painting as possible.

I hope this info helps.

HT Ripley body:
D783C35E-738C-4677-B36F-86B71E76096C.jpeg

HT Pepper body:
E29E849B-600D-41B2-A234-DEDCB3873BFD.jpeg

XING Body:
1E87B359-AACF-453A-90BB-DFF4C8285703.jpeg

I also tried a Phicen 17B But the skin tone was even more of a mismatch.
8A4CD2AE-A544-4A4E-92FC-4BB153C0FE9E.jpeg

Many things are possible but may require a lot more work.

Thanks for trying all these out and taking pictures. I wish you had the Wonder Woman body.

Can you shows us the neck/shoulders of the 17B please? That looks pretty good to me. Color is not an issue -- but the big bust certainly is. That's the problem with the Phicens -- they're made for boys who like anime girls.

Clearly Ripley doesn't work (head can't fit); we already know Pepper works; that Xing doesn't look like it gives you much more than the stock body.

I have a pop toys for the Carol (TWD) figure shown above. If I have some time tomorrow, I'll take her apart and compare. I may get another one anyway.

Elongating the torso should help a lot if you're up to it - that coupled with some leg extenders (Charlize has some long stems!) should work very well.

Sounds good - I would have no problem attempting that mod. I worry that the arms may look a bit too short then, that's the only fear I've got. Plus the other bodies would give a little plus to the broadness of the shoulders, this VTS one just isn't a linebacker by any means.

Thanks for all the great help everyone.

Someone here or on Facebook was talking about trying a Ripley body. … With as few modifications / painting as possible.

I hope this info helps.

Many things are possible but may require a lot more work.

I'm interested in that XING body, I know they make them with articulated limbs too; could we get a head on comparison between the XING and the VTS?

Yeah at least from the side the proportions with the Xing body look really good. Can I ask where you got that one from? All the eBay sellers still show it as just a pre-order.

Good share with the various bodies been waiting for someone with the available resources to shed some light on this dilemma. I have the Phicen coming and that bust is just too big. If the rest works I’d have to put her under the knife. But the head just looks too small atm. Tried ripley too and it doesn’t fit, mostly due to the peg inside so serious modding of the head would need to happen.
The Xing is not much taller but it does add some meat to her arms which she sorely needs and with pegs she could reach about an inche taller.
We already know pepper with arm swap is a viable option but the body isn’t readily available for all.
Hmmmmmmm

I'm going with TBLeague S23B
Pushed in the neck socket to fit the head better and cut out the left lower arm to fit her Gauntlet.
I'll do skin color toning next and see how she looks.
FuriPhicen.jpg

Pushed in the neck socket to fit the head better and cut out the left lower arm to fit her Gauntlet.
View attachment 409973

Oh wow not too bad actually! Blimey!
Wonder how you’ll do the skin, if possible can you let us know?

That does look good, but matching the skin colour is a daunting prospect.

Have you test fitted the trousers?

For the skin-tone, I do pastel powder method. I've done it with Wonder Woman before
23916082427_09709f18ec_b.jpg
I don't expect the clothing to fit without any mod. Will need to expand/patch up a little bit.

Could you test fit at least the shoulder pad? I'm interested to see how the head proportions get shifted with that on; it may disguise the proportions enough to make it work. I can see where the top and corset are gonna give you trouble. Thank you!

View attachment 409973

Looking good so far that TBLeague S23B. I still have tor receive the figure but love to see you guys doing tests. Has anyone tried the Black Widow body changing the arms like with PP? Black WIdow is same body as PP or Ripley?

View attachment 409973

Excellent! The S23B is my other choice if WW doesn't work. Glad to see it seems to fit nicely with only a bust reduction needed.

Sounds good - I would have no problem attempting that mod. I worry that the arms may look a bit too short then, that's the only fear I've got. Plus the other bodies would give a little plus to the broadness of the shoulders, this VTS one just isn't a linebacker by any means.

I'm interested in that XING body, I know they make them with articulated limbs too; could we get a head on comparison between the XING and the VTS?

Xing body shoulder are narrow.

Got mine today!!! I am really happy I kept her :) I went back n forth the past few weeks to keep my PO, but I am glad I did. She's really cool in person. Love the detail in the clothing and accessories. She's definitely small, but displaying her by herself is no problem for me. The likeness isn't what the proto showed by any means, but I just wanted a Furiosa. She is one of my all-time favorite characters and a top 10 all-time favorite movie of mine. I just couldn't pass this up after over a year of waiting. Good luck to everyone who will mod her. I prefer to keep my figures stock, so I am very happy with the way she turned out for an unlicensed non HTs figure. :)

furiosa.jpg

After test different bodys the best option is: modern life head + Ripley body, you can use the arms of the VTS. The second best option is Rey hot toys body.

Back