VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, detail is more important than scale. While this thing looks like it could use some paint and weathering, the scale does not bother me and the detail is certainly there. I am keeping my order, and I am surprised so many people are cancelling theirs

Here's the lovely Jyn with stock Furiosa (pegs removed):

3l6c1iV.jpg

Thanks for that Asta. Now I can at least see what height she is relative to my own collection.

And Jyn is tiny.

They're virtually the same height, if not identical, taking into account that Jyn's boots have thicker soles.

If the Phicen is like Ripley proportions then it’s a definite no. Peanut head. Plus I have discovered you can make high end bobble head figures with the stock body. I’m gonna be rich!
20eb21843641f1baa2fbd017f5b1b324.jpg
6851f329b6447e572628cc86ae6b56ae.jpg

cc7c636f57bd147a629dd049ffd7cdde.jpg

You know, I don't think that looks half bad. Underscale yes, but the bald head helps and I agree with potato -- the small head will make the shoulders appear broader.

I think this bash just might work. I'm glad I won that body now.

Hopefully I can find a cheap Furiosa over the next couple months.

Really desperate for a Furiosa figure and would love for this to have a solution.

Here, I superimposed the Furiosa clothing to the body on the right. Matched the crotch and waist of the pants to where it should be on the body. Only rotated and flipped stuff and only thing I free transformed is the shirt. I also think the head should sit slightly lower. I'm not really familiar with 1/6 bodies but, I believe, If at least the pants fit, this could work. How tall would she be if this is the body used?

What body is this? Is there a non-seamless body that's similar in size?

I'm really considering not cancelling my PO now.

View attachment 409460

Thanks for adding the clothes to my comp. That really helps give an idea. The shirt fitting is my only concern -- hopefully it is somewhat stretchy.

The body in that picture is the Phicen S17B.

I just won a Wonder Woman body last night which is about the same height (shoulders might be wider) so I'm hoping it can work because the WW body has great shoulders and traps and arms.

From what I can gather from pics with rulers, the Phicen and the WW bodies are a little over 10 inches tall without the head... while the VTS Furiosa body is about 9 inches.

So a Phicen body with the extender pegs would give you perfect height... assuming that small head works on the broader shoulder bodies.

But I think its worth a go.

Really desperate for a Furiosa figure and would love for this to have a solution.

Here, I superimposed the Furiosa clothing to the body on the right. Matched the crotch and waist of the pants to where it should be on the body. Only rotated and flipped stuff and only thing I free transformed is the shirt. I also think the head should sit slightly lower. I'm not really familiar with 1/6 bodies but, I believe, If at least the pants fit, this could work. How tall would she be if this is the body used?

What body is this? Is there a non-seamless body that's similar in size?

I'm really considering not cancelling my PO now.

View attachment 409460

It may be the lens distortion in the movie still, but that actually looks proportional to my eyes. Charlize Theron has broad shoulders for a woman making her head look smaller without all the hair.

The fact that she's a very tall woman also makes her head look small relative to her long body.

With the right body I think this bash could work. At worst, serviceable until a proper scaled headsculpt appears.

Originally I was looking at the S23B Phicen (like Xipotec also suggested) and the very similar Arkhalla body from Phicen -- but after much research I became concerned that the figure's outstanding bubble-butt just won't fit into Furiosa's pants. Just a heads up for those interested in a bash...

The fact that she's a very tall woman also makes her head look small relative to her long body.

With the right body I think this bash could work. At worst, serviceable until a proper scaled headsculpt appears.

Originally I was looking at the S23B Phicen (like Xipotec also suggested) and the very similar Arkhalla body from Phicen -- but after much research I became concerned that the figure's outstanding bubble-butt just won't fit into Furiosa's pants. Just a heads up for those interested in a bash...

Furiosa has a bit of a butt on her compared to the upper half
731aabcff4062538193e40703bf494be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look forward to seeing what you do with her. :)

It might be awhile, as I don't have Furiosa on order anywhere and am at the mercy of ebay right now, waiting for prices to sag.

I might just snag the head off ebay if its cheap so when I get the WW body, I can see if its worth pursuing this bash.

It might be awhile, as I don't have Furiosa on order anywhere and am at the mercy of ebay right now, waiting for prices to sag.

I might just snag the head off ebay if its cheap so when I get the WW body, I can see if its worth pursuing this bash.

Look her up on eBay now. There are some auctions starting and the demand might not be overwhelming right now.

Look her up on eBay now. There are some auctions starting and the demand might not be overwhelming right now.

I'm looking.

In the meantime, regarding Furiosa's screen height to Max, here's a good wardrobe picture that shows the relative height...

maxresdefault (2).jpg

What a fun line-up of figures this movie has...

I'm looking.

In the meantime, regarding Furiosa's screen height to Max, here's a good wardrobe picture that shows the relative height...

View attachment 409535

What a fun line-up of figures this movie has...

Yep that gives a clue. But we shouldn’t forget that the Max figure is a bit too tall. So if we’re aiming for her to be correct she’ll need to be a little smaller than he is.

Thanks for adding the clothes to my comp. That really helps give an idea. The shirt fitting is my only concern -- hopefully it is somewhat stretchy.

The body in that picture is the Phicen S17B.

I just won a Wonder Woman body last night which is about the same height (shoulders might be wider) so I'm hoping it can work because the WW body has great shoulders and traps and arms.

From what I can gather from pics with rulers, the Phicen and the WW bodies are a little over 10 inches tall without the head... while the VTS Furiosa body is about 9 inches.

So a Phicen body with the extender pegs would give you perfect height... assuming that small head works on the broader shoulder bodies.

But I think its worth a go.

Good luck with that mod, but... comparing my Max and WW figures just now and seeing how tiny that Furiosa figure looks next to Max, I have serious doubts about whether you'll be able to fit any part of that outfit on the WW body.

Although the tank top looks basic enough that you might be able to find another one out there you can dirty up and use. And you could probably also get some black leather pants and cut some holes in them for a similar look. So a custom probably is doable, but I think it'll take a lot more work than simply transferring over the same outfit unfortunately.

Yep that gives a clue. But we shouldn’t forget that the Max figure is a bit too tall. So if we’re aiming for her to be correct she’ll need to be a little smaller than he is.

I definitely need a slightly shorter body for FR Max. What body did you use for him? I think a Luke body may be too small, no?

Good luck with that mod, but... comparing my Max and WW figures just now and seeing how tiny that Furiosa figure looks next to Max, I have serious doubts about whether you'll be able to fit any part of that outfit on the WW body.

Although the tank top looks basic enough that you might be able to find another one out there you can dirty up and use. And you could probably also get some black leather pants and cut some holes in them for a similar look. So a custom probably is doable, but I think it'll take a lot more work than simply transferring over the same outfit unfortunately.

My calculations on the WW body may indeed be way off... that's why I'd like to try the head first. If that ends up looking like my guessimate, then the rest should too.

But the WW body is very similar to the other Phicen bodies in terms of shoulders (with WW being reduced in the bust)... but yes, the sheer width of her back may make it impossible to get that shirt on her. That's why I hope the material is stretchy. If not, I might be in trouble. That said, I've gotten pretty good at being able to stretch out clothing so the pants don't worry me, just the length maybe. And the corset has actual ties so that won't be an issue... just that bloody shirt.

My guess is by Xmas we will see this selling for 100-120 for the eagle eye consumer.

By then, we should have a better idea on what will work and what will not.

I think that’s the Phicen body (we need to start calling them TBL) is still the way to go.

I also agree that the head on the Ripley does not look that bad, as Wor showed earlier, CT has kinda a small head compared to her amazon body....

WW has really great shoulders and arms for Furiosa. I'm hoping the pinhead actually makes the shoulder and arms look even stronger... without being laughable.

Once you take WW out of those heels in her boots, she comes down to a reasonable 10.5 inches probably in the Furiosa boots. So I may not even need the foot peg once I get my FR Max figure down to a more realistic height (say, 11 inches max).

I also agree that the head on the Ripley does not look that bad, as Wor showed earlier, CT has kinda a small head compared to her amazon body....

I'm definitely counting on that. :duff

The TBL is definitely an option -- if the WW body doesn't work, I'll be after one of those next. My only issue with the TBL as noted was that perky little ass they give the figures we were discussing (the S23B in particular which is same as Arkhalla vampire). I'm worried it might not fit in the pants. Those butts go way out. I mean, its nice and all, but not so much for this outfit.

Here's one of the pics I was working with... S17B on left and the Arkhalla (S23B) right. Note the shoulders on WW and the Arkhalla are very similar... but check the ass on that vampire. Great in real life, not so good in doll clothes.

S17B vs Arkhalla relative to WW 5-18-18.jpg

You can also see what davejames brought up which is my biggest worry at the moment -- the shirt. It's going to be close and depend on the amount of stretch in the material. If its like a tank top, then no worries.

I think that the only thing that we can use of this VTS Furiosa figure is the suit, and use it on pepper pots body (hot toys), weathering and get a Modern Life head sculpt. The left arm will need a modification too, any phicen body and wonder woman body, will not work with the suit ( too short on these bodys).

My guess is by Xmas we will see this selling for 100-120 for the eagle eye consumer.

If that happens I'll definitely pick one up then, as the detail on the outfit would still make this a pretty cool collectible to have. I'm just too disappointed right now with the size to pay the current price for the thing.

Back