VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking the easiest and most cost effective solution for me is a shorter body for Max and ankle extensions for Furiosa. My ANH Luke seems to be about a half inch shorter than Max, which looks reasonable, but Max has a sculpted neck. I haven't done any customs so I'm unaware of which body types are available. Is there a Luke-sized body sans neck that would be useable?

You know, I don't think that looks half bad. Underscale yes, but the bald head helps and I agree with potato -- the small head will make the shoulders appear broader.

I think this bash just might work. I'm glad I won that body now.

Hopefully I can find a cheap Furiosa over the next couple months.

I agree. That really doesn't look that bad.

Thanks for adding the clothes to my comp. That really helps give an idea. The shirt fitting is my only concern -- hopefully it is somewhat stretchy.

The body in that picture is the Phicen S17B.

I just won a Wonder Woman body last night which is about the same height (shoulders might be wider) so I'm hoping it can work because the WW body has great shoulders and traps and arms.

From what I can gather from pics with rulers, the Phicen and the WW bodies are a little over 10 inches tall without the head... while the VTS Furiosa body is about 9 inches.

So a Phicen body with the extender pegs would give you perfect height... assuming that small head works on the broader shoulder bodies.

But I think its worth a go.

Thanks for the pic. Helped me decide to keep my order. =D

The fact that she's a very tall woman also makes her head look small relative to her long body.

With the right body I think this bash could work. At worst, serviceable until a proper scaled headsculpt appears.

Originally I was looking at the S23B Phicen (like Xipotec also suggested) and the very similar Arkhalla body from Phicen -- but after much research I became concerned that the figure's outstanding bubble-butt just won't fit into Furiosa's pants. Just a heads up for those interested in a bash...

I think part of what makes the stock "Furiosa" look like a teenager is a very very slightly oversized head. On gogul's pic from the side (to show her bottom) head looks kind of oversized.

Actually, if we're going for "accuracy", 1/6 of 5'10 (CT) is a little over 11.5 inches, 5'9 (TH) is exactly 11.5 inches . That's how tall HT Selina is. Max should really be as short as Selina, Furiosa just a tad taller.

Exactly how tall is the figure again?

Look her up on eBay now. There are some auctions starting and the demand might not be overwhelming right now.

Looking at her body on ebay. Looks like VTS added padding on from the waist to above the knees. That's a hopeful sign that the pants will fit other bodies.

And gogul, thanks for posting all the pics and for the review. Really helpful.

If that happens I'll definitely pick one up then, as the detail on the outfit would still make this a pretty cool collectible to have. I'm just too disappointed right now with the size to pay the current price for the thing.

I just had to cancel my order at TW. I just can't do that lack luster paint job AND the ridiculous size difference....

After receiving the email from Steve at Timewalker Toys and reading the posts from the last few days I have decided to keep my order. I will attempt a port to another body and repainted and weather the heck out of this.

Yeah been looking around and hoping to find an adequate replacement. Nothing has jumped out but with such a small head I have the feeling only a superslim would be able to stop her having a peanut head.
e8d73b3fc637f5e704deaa877280c994.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. That really doesn't look that bad.

Thanks for the pic. Helped me decide to keep my order. =D

I think part of what makes the stock "Furiosa" look like a teenager is a very very slightly oversized head. On gogul's pic from the side (to show her bottom) head looks kind of oversized.

Actually, if we're going for "accuracy", 1/6 of 5'10 (CT) is a little over 11.5 inches, 5'9 (TH) is exactly 11.5 inches . That's how tall HT Selina is. Max should really be as short as Selina, Furiosa just a tad taller.

Exactly how tall is the figure again?

Looking at her body on ebay. Looks like VTS added padding on from the waist to above the knees. That's a hopeful sign that the pants will fit other bodies.

My pleasure.

The body itself is 9 inches, and the head gives you maybe another inch at best... so maybe 10 inches or even less.

After receiving the email from Steve at Timewalker Toys and reading the posts from the last few days I have decided to keep my order. I will attempt a port to another body and repainted and weather the heck out of this.

:clap

Its just a matter of time before someone -- or many -- offer up a proper sized head. In the mean time, get the body ready.

I think this bash might be fun. It's not like you need a lot of parts.

So, I held off opening Furiosa for the obvious disappointment that would follow. And of course, it did. But I decided to take her out and see what could be done.

I took the time to take her apart and decided to try her on a Pepper Potts body I had. The body itself is just slightly taller than the stock body but the torso seemed to be longer (I neglected to measure though). But what made a difference was adding leg extenders inside the boots. This looked weirdly proportioned on the stock body for some reason - i think because of the proportions of that body - the torso looked short and the legs too long. It may be that that the Potts figure (Gwenyth, at 5' 9") had a more elongated torso.

Swapping the clothes, I discovered that the arms were swappable on the bodies, so I didn't have to do any surgery on the PP body, just swapped the arms. This shows the stock body is a standard height 1/6 body - not 1/7 or thereabouts. It's just too short for Charlize (listed at 5' 10"). The pics below show her now (with bluetac in the boots for now) in relation to the already too-tall Max. The legs are a bit "superheroic" like many 1/6 figures, but I don't think they stand out as much as they do when extending the stock body.

Anyway, here's how she stacks up now. If Max is 6' here (2" too tall), Furiosa is a little over 5' 7" - I can live with that if I bring Tom down a bit. Yes, the head is too small. For better or worse, I ordered the Toria sculpt in anticipation of this figure (based on the quality of Max), so I'll swap that out, but I don't doubt someone on the boards would do one sooner or later.

In the shot with the Carol figure, she's is a POP Toys little breast suntan body which has very similar proportions to PP and she just has feet attached in the boots, so she may be taller and a better (and much cheaper) option (it states 255mm or a little over 10 inches, but I don't know if that's with feet or not). for the leg extenders, I just have the standard ones that are made for male figures, I don't know if they exist for female figures. Maybe we could get someone to make a set for this?

Furiosa-1.jpgFuriosa-2.jpgFuriosa-3.jpgFuriosa-4.jpg

So, I held off opening Furiosa for the obvious disappointment that would follow. And of course, it did. But I decided to take her out and see what could be done.

I took the time to take her apart and decided to try her on a Pepper Potts body I had. The body itself is just slightly taller than the stock body but the torso seemed to be longer (I neglected to measure though). But what made a difference was adding leg extenders inside the boots. This and looked weirdly proportioned on the stock body for some reason - i think because of the proportions of that body - the torso looked short and the legs too long. It may be that that the Potts figure (Gwenyth, at 5' 9") had a more elongated torso.

Swapping the clothes, I discovered that the arms were swappable on the bodies, so I didn't have to do any surgery on the PP body, just swapped the arms. This shows the stock body is a standard height 1/6 body - not 1/7 or thereabouts. It's just too short for Charlize (listed at 5' 10"). The pics below show her now (with bluetac in the boots for now) in relation to the already too-tall Max. The legs are a bit "superheroic" like many 1/6 figures, but I don't think they stand out as much as they do when extending the stock body.

Anyway, here's how she stacks up now. If Max is 6' here (2" too tall), Furiosa is a little over 5' 7" - I can live with that if I bring Tom down a bit. Yes, the head is too small. For better or worse, I ordered the Toria sculpt in anticipation of this figure (based on the quality of Max), so I'll swap that out, but I don't doubt someone on the boards would do one sooner or later.

In the shot with the Carol figure, she's is a POP Toys little breast suntan body which has very similar proportions to PP and she just has feet attached in the boots, so she may be taller and a better (and much cheaper) option (it states 255mm or a little over 10 inches, but I don't know if that's with feet or not). for the leg extenders, I just have the standard ones that are made for male figures, I don't know if they exist for female figures. Maybe we could get someone to make a set for this?

View attachment 409665View attachment 409666View attachment 409667View attachment 409668

Someone else here suggested the Pepper Potts body as an option so its interesting to see it displayed. Looks better for sure, but still small -- now like a young adult Furiosa just out of college. :) Poor Imperator still needs some muscle and girth.

But this is definitely an easy fix for people, especially because of the arm swap. A good default. Now there's going to be a run on PP bodies.

Also good to know there looks to be plenty of room in the pants and the shirt is long enough for an extended torso.

Nice pictures though, Trevor. How stretchy is the shirt material? Does it have any give? Looks like it.

I'd love to know the height of that body alone as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the PP body measurement -- strangely it seems to be the same height as the Furiosa body -- about 9 inches tall!

-1479366887457523696.jpg

Last edited:
Someone else here suggested the Pepper Potts body as an option so its interesting to see it displayed. Looks better for sure, but still small -- now like a young adult Furiosa just out of college. :) Poor Imperator still needs some muscle and girth.

But this is definitely an easy fix for people, especially because of the arm swap. A good default. Now there's going to be a run on PP bodies.

Also good to know there looks to be plenty of room in the pants and the shirt is long enough for an extended torso.

Nice pictures though, Trevor. How stretchy is the shirt material? Does it have any give? Looks like it.

I'd love to know the height of that body alone as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the PP body measurement -- strangely it seems to be the same height as the Furiosa body -- about 9 inches tall!

I think it is very close to the same height, if just a very small amount longer. I wish I had taken a side by side shot, but I think the difference is the length of the torso. extending the legs on the Potts body (or I think the POP toys which is very similar) doesn't look as oddly proportioned as it did when I tried it on the stock.

The pants have a little give, and as someone said, the stock figure has a bit of a bubble butt, so they swapped out easily. The shirt is stretchy, but on a figure with a wider shoulder, it might be tougher to get on. The corset is going to be the biggest pain. I don't know how Victorian 1/6th collectors dealt with this! :lol

The corset is going to be the biggest pain. I don't know how Victorian 1/6th collectors dealt with this! :lol

:lol

Well, at least it allows some 'give'.

Thanks for all this information, its really helpful. And fun -- I love bashing and trying to solve the "problems" that come up, if possible.

Thanks for letting me know about the shirt. Yes, I imagine it will be a pain -- especially on the WW body I'm going to try since I can't remove the arms -- but where there's a will, there's a way... Fortunately she's a wasteland ranger, so if I have to "modify" the shirt in the back to assist it will just make her look more 'rugged'.

Do you happen to have the Wonder Woman figure handy? I wonder how the shoulder width lines up to Pepper's...?

Wow that mod actually works really well! I was thinking the Potts body might be a good one to use, and I'm kinda wishing now I had picked one up when I had the chance. She might still look a bit small and teenagery, but no more than most of my other female figures like Black Widow. And I have a feeling that's about as far you can push it before the proportions just no longer work (or the outfit no longer fits properly).

Think I might just have to un-cancel this thing now... :p

Wow that mod actually works really well! I was thinking the Potts body might be a good one to use, and I'm kinda wishing now I had picked one up when I had the chance. She might still look a bit small and teenagery, but no more than most of my other female figures like Black Widow. And I have a feeling that's about as far you can push it before the proportions just no longer work (or the outfit no longer fits properly).

Think I might just have to un-cancel this thing now... :p

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I think the sculpt is influencing the teenager look as much as the body is. The size and something about the proportions of the features isn't "mature" looking. Curious to see the ML sculpt on it (whenever that comes in).

The POP Toys might even be a cheaper, possibly better alternative with the included extenders (although I don't know if they're long enough). Going to try to pad out her hips a bit too which should take away some of the youthful look too. But yeah, even the stock body is pretty close to every 1/6 female body, aside from higher end stuff like Wonder Woman. They would have had to make a custom body to get the right height and proportions for her i think.

Had to see what kind of difference the ML sculpt would make. Not a perfect color match and the lighting is different, but it gives a good idea. I think the sculpt is definitely aging it downward.Furiosa-5.jpg

I took the time to take her apart and decided to try her on a Pepper Potts body I had. The body itself is just slightly taller than the stock body but the torso seemed to be longer (I neglected to measure though). But what made a difference was adding leg extenders inside the boots. This looked weirdly proportioned on the stock body for some reason - i think because of the proportions of that body - the torso looked short and the legs too long. It may be that that the Potts figure (Gwenyth, at 5' 9") had a more elongated torso.

View attachment 409665View attachment 409666View attachment 409667View attachment 409668

Wondering what other figures have easily removable arm joints. Solves the “finding a seamless arm” problem. Here’s a very cool body with the head
8034e58c78b7be61dc9bab4f01b5f3a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirm my vision of the pepper pots body. Now I see that the arms substitution is easy. I only think that only needs a little of weathering, some of fat suit underbody and modern life head.

Thanks

I've tried... I was planning to keep her but every day I see new pictures and I just can't stand this figure... so today I sold my Furiosa in a Facebook Forum... I'll invest the money in other thing. Sorry VTS, but we didn't deserve this after more than a whole ******ing year. Bye bye.

Back