VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember the Anderson figure was on waitlist at almost every retailer before release, then once it hit suddenly everywhere had it in stock for quite a while, and eventually discounted. I’m assuming from all the canceled orders once people saw the final product. We’ll see what happens here. Personally it’s the scale issue that’s making me lean towards a pass, not so much the sculpt/paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol... what a tremendous disappointment. Mark VTS off any future lists. I'm SO tired of prototype false advertisement. I don't trust any of them anymore until the figure is actually released and consumers are posting photos and YouTube videos. And if it's sold out, so be it. If it's really that great I'd be willing to pay more for it, anyway. People have got to stop taking the bait.

Mmm dunno, I am ok with it...

Gonna be good especially after a little work....

It’s what’s to be expected in this hobby for 150.00

Wait till the fallout from SS Jedi Luke hits....cause that’s 250.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmm dunno, I am ok with it...

Gonna be good especially after a little work....

It’s what’s to be expected in this hobby for 150.00

Wait till the fallout from SS Jedi Luke hits....cause that’s 250.00

Yeah, i think its going to be ok. Looking at VTS previous releases, other than Max, the rest of their headsculpts aren't mind blowing amazing. I do like the clothing and accessories. and thats probably one of the hardest parts of Furiosa.

But they need to be called out on showing us a really nice prototype and not coming close to it. I mean this prototype shot is really nice. Final product isn't close to that. All the weathering and the likesness to Charliez is there.

Also, is the drive shaft knife come with her? I can't recall seeing pix of it?

11_847100a4-15a6-4aee-9397-bca65aeb6e4b_1024x1024.jpg

Nice! Finally a good shot of them together!

The height is going to bother a lot of people...I am not one of them.

There will never be another Furiosa figure ever...this is the only one we will ever see...that alone is a reason to pick her up. I guess if your a person who wants perfection out of the box...better stick to HT only...

Oh wait.....they don’t get it right half the time also...

She'll go great with your other 1/7th scale figures.

:D

I plan on chopping off the ankles of all the others....

In all seriousness , this is a project figure for me. Always looked at it that way. Too bad they missed the mark the way they did on the Proto...

Well, I'm already looking at potential bodies for the "project"...

Furiosa icon 1.jpg

She's not a skinny waif in this.

Hopefully a good and affordable head sculpt also appears.

Eye balling this one.
12caba0518f3cea7c1641843527cf2a9.jpeg

Believe it or not I think the head sculpt will suffice for the Imperator look.

I saw that one -- good hips -- but it says "narrow shoulder"... that's one thing Charlize doesn't have.

Still, it might do because the VTS head is so small. I've been looking at the more muscular female bodies of theirs -- S21B.

Boobs are huge on that one, but overall it’s more proportioned....

second to last is the one I am thinking..

PLMB-2017-S23B
37263533456_22f09ec53a_z.jpg

Funny, I just saw that picture last night while looking and thought the same about the purple swimsuit body. Shape looks right and shoulders look good for Furiosa.

:duff

Funny, I just saw that picture last night while looking and thought the same about the purple swimsuit body. Shape looks right and shoulders look good for Furiosa.

:duff

Yeah the sculpt of the body looks great, if boobs are a tad big a scalpel or some material can flatten them down a bit. The skin tone is where it may not work, not sure how you could paint on silicone and even then getting the right tone of flesh can be an utter headache.

Anyone know the official height of Max with the stock body?

Anyone know the official height of Max with the stock body?

He's 12" tall including his boots.

Furiosa looks like she's on the same scale of body they put Psi-Judge Anderson on, and she's only 11" tall in her boots.

not sure how you could paint on silicone and even then getting the right tone of flesh can be an utter headache.

All "rubber" or silicone bodies that I have encountered stain very well. You're better off staining it than painting it.

What little skin shows on Furiosa should be simple enough to "dirty up" to match whatever head ultimately comes around. Thank god she's filthy.

Thanks. I’ve just paid my invoice to Kit so should be here in a few weeks hopefully

I just did a little bit of comparing.

I'm going to make the bold claim that the likeness is there, but a lack of paint/modification of it will bring it up to speed. At least to an 85%.

Notably:

The proto has fuller lips; the production has the sculpt but they are not filled in to the edge.

The hairline is not sharp and defined on the production, the proto is; it also is much darker with a light drybrush, the final product is 100% a light color.

The eyes have too much pink in the sclera from the edge of the eyelid on the product, this narrows her eyes and removes the roundness. Likewise the eyes are greenish whereas the proto is bright blue, which pops much better.

The ears may have gotten a wee bit stretched out on the production model - some heat and maybe some scalpel work should be able to bring that back.

Some other interesting observations I noted were that the proto head and body colors do not match either. The head is much lighter and more peachy - the production is actually closer in tone.

Back