VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
160545l44aq4f1wo4erka4.jpg

Likeness looks spot on in this picture.

I didn't pay much attention to the other figure. How long did that take to finally release?

I am not sure when pre-orders went up but I pre-ordered in the U.S. in December of 2015 from Monkey Depot and it shipped in December of 2016...Its gonna be awhile....

people? it's 1 guy.

to be fair he said it looked way off and close at the same time. :lol

Re: VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER ------ Furiosa (VM-020)

This I will definitely be buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be cooler with the heavy black over her forehead/eyes but overall pretty cool.

I also prefer that look, but I'm happy they didn't do it, as she doesn't have the dark grease look for the later half of the film. I think VTS is smart giving Max & Furiosa only a light weathering, and leaving it up to the collectors to make the weathering heavier if that's what they prefer.

I've been waiting for someone to make Furiosa!
Looks great, I didn't buy a Hardy Max but now I have to seriously consider picking one up. What's the consensus on the Hardy Max's, should I pick up the Dam or VTS version?

OMG!!!!!!!! this will be the first unlicensed figure I will get!!!!!!! I want this big time!!!!

One of my favorite films of all time!! cant wait!!! :) :)

The only downside to this figure is the arms.

They look similar to Gamora's, and the advice there was not to leave them bent for long periods. Which is a little awkward if you want Furiosa aiming the SKS.

Phew. I was close to selling the ART Mad Racer I just got in December because I thought we'd never get Furiosa or Immortan Joe. Also, while I think the Mad Racer captures the character better than the VTS Tom Hardy (too young and generic IMO), it looks off in terms of Tom Hardy likeness. I don't want to shell out big bucks for a likeness, any alternatives that capture Hardy's face?

About the VTS Furiosa, I really wish she came with an alternate "war paint" oil mask headsculpt. It made for an iconic look, and should have been included (at least with a deluxe version).

well to each their own. people been saying Art Figures Judge Anderson looks better than VTS. i say beauty to the eye of the beholder.

History trivia: The Nazis coined that phrase, even wrote it on their concentration camp walls. to taunt its prisoners. "Jedem das sein" / "to each their own" actually means "you get what you deserve". It surprises me this phrase is still being used today. Only in advertising has it become tabu. I've also been using that phrase unknowingly for years.

Anyway, I feel like the AF figure does a better job at capturing the character and Hardy's default concerned look. The face is too long and slim, the hair are off and something about the eyes being a bit off as well. But looking at the VTS sculpt, it got the hair right, but apart from that I don't see Hardy in it at all. It looks like an approximation, just like the Video Game version.
If anyone has a good alternative to the VTS likeness which doesn't break the bank, please let me know.

Hehe, I think I've been the closest to acknowledge the AF Anderson as being not an abomination. I think it's good apart from the likeness, but I think that no one at all has called it better than the VTS version.
The AF Max has its goods and bads. Likeness is way off. Both versions are good though. I do think though that the AF Max will be too tall compared to Furiosa.
But yes, you're right, what ever looks good to you is the right choice.

You've probably been asked this a few times, but which headsculpt did you start your caveman Max off with? Looks really good.

History trivia: The Nazis coined that phrase, even wrote it on their concentration camp walls. to taunt its prisoners. "Jedem das sein" / "to each their own" actually means "you get what you deserve". It surprises me this phrase is still being used today. Only in advertising has it become tabu. I've also been using that phrase unknowingly for years.

Anyway, I feel like the AF figure does a better job at capturing the character and Hardy's default concerned look. The face is too long and slim, the hair are off and something about the eyes being a bit off as well. But looking at the VTS sculpt, it got the hair right, but apart from that I don't see Hardy in it at all. It looks like an approximation, just like the Video Game version.
If anyone has a good alternative to the VTS likeness which doesn't break the bank, please let me know.

You've probably been asked this a few times, but which headsculpt did you start your caveman Max off with? Looks really good.

WTH are you talking about. This is a Collectible Reviews and discussion forum not a forum on the derivation of every phrase ever used.

That's total BS. It wasn't coined by the Nazis at all, but appropriated. There's a HUGE difference.

The saying is originally from the Latin "suum cuique". Used in Greek justice.

Perhaps it's a sensitive phrase in German, I don't know, but in English it's perfectly fine to use.

WTH are you talking about. This is a Collectible Reviews and discussion forum not a forum on the derivation of every phrase ever used.

Exactly.

Back