Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This game will be incredible no doubt, but IGN giving it a ten means nothing. If any site is paid off it's them. Every single console exclusive gets above a 9. Edge magazine gave it a 9, gamesradar gave it a 9 to me that means something.

I am up to Chapter 5, loving the game, some minor gameplay observations:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I am up to Chapter 5, loving the game, some minor gameplay observations:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I will agree with your observations, but I honestly didn't mind any of those. It fit in with what was happening in the story. What's pissing me off is the platforming.....after playing so much assassin's creed, I'm jumping around where I don't want to and climbing the opposite direction I want to go.

Finished the game today, and overall excellent. I would say an equal to Uncharted 2 in every way.

Naughty Dog took some chances this time around, which was nice. I found myself still rooting for each and every character.

I would say ND are masters of creating incredible set pieces, and their games are among the nicest looking out there for any console.

If I had a criticism, its one thats not just aimed at Uncharted 3 specifically, but the whole Uncharted series: the AI needs to be more dynamic. Whenever I died and had to replay a level, the bad guys would spawn the same way, and act the same way. Makes for a very predictable AI algorithm - they need to fix that for their next game. This was ok with the first couple games, but by part 3 it feels dated. That said, the game is fun as hell. Moments are great, but I would call this a more personal adventure in the series. Loved the ending myself.

How much would you rate the game on a scale of 1 to 10?

I would say an 8.75......if this game has come out two years ago, as Uncharted 2 did, I would have said 10. The 1.25 deduction is for predictable AI. Same as Uncharted 2 AI. Visually, its the nicest PS3 game I have ever seen.

I'm interested in your grade (1 to 10) on the story...The story has always been the most important element in the Uncharted games

Thats a toughie with this one, cause its so subjective. I suspect most will vary the score based on their favorite characters. For me, I'd give this an 8 to 8.5 - what they are searching for is fine, the motivation of the bad guys is cool, but for me, I could have used a bit more on the bad guys background. We are given hints.

and this is a bit of a spoiler,
Spoiler Spoiler:
So that bummed me out on a personal note

I can't wait to get this game, but I've gotta finish Arkham City first.

Thats a toughie with this one, cause its so subjective. I suspect most will vary the score based on their favorite characters. For me, I'd give this an 8 to 8.5 - what they are searching for is fine, the motivation of the bad guys is cool, but for me, I could have used a bit more on the bad guys background. We are given hints.

and this is a bit of a spoiler,
Spoiler Spoiler:
So that bummed me out on a personal note

Spoiler Spoiler:

Starting my 2nd playthrough tonight on Crushing difficulty...that is going to be brutal. I probably died like 70 times on NORMAL LoL

Back