UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edgar VS Aldo now on 153, I know Edgar has been getting lots of "push" to drop down, but I'm still glad he did, I think the weight fits him better, that card is looking very nice at this point.

I think it's gonna be a good fight, Edgar is hard to finish. That said I like Aldo by tko late in the fight.

Wow, Edgar loses 2 fights in a row and gets handed another shot in a different division, shocking.....not. Aldo will win by a close decision more then likely. Edgar's punch output always puts him in line for close decisions, same as Cruz, except Cruz never finishes.

Wow, Edgar loses 2 fights in a row and gets handed another shot in a different division, shocking.....not. Aldo will win by a close decision more then likely. Edgar's punch output always puts him in line for close decisions, same as Cruz, except Cruz never finishes.

Don't understand the point of that, obviously not shocking since hes doing what the president of the company has been asking him to do. Obviously, he doesn't want to be the next guy that Dana White is on the air saying "hes killing the sport" about.

So just cause he's doing what he's supposed to be doing, he gets handed title shots? What is this, little league ? Just rewarding guys without winning. 2 losses in a row is 2 losses, doesn't matter how close the fights were. Just shows again there is no system in the UFC, but we already knew this cause cheat sonnen gets handed shots too.

Man,can't wait to see how the matches are done when you start a fight league since its obviously not going to be based off what fans have been asking for or whats going to make money. Hope your not in business for yourself. :lol
And no, its not little league, if you're getting this confused with baseball I guess that explains half your poblem right there. This isn't baseball, it isn't football, and it isn't boxing, this is the UFC we're talking about and if you think something that will make money is wrong because it doesn't fit into your view of "how it should be" this probably isn't for you. Theres been people getting "handed shots" since its inception.

Last edited:
I would imagine Frankie had to be on the top of the list, even though he lost the belt to Bendo, fans have wanted to see him in 145 for awhile.

KZ is injured, Poirier just lost, Hioki turned down the shot and lost, Yuri just lost his streak. Only other worthy one I can think of is Lamas or Oliveira but I feel that they both still need one or two more wins.

I would assume Edgar was one of the first on their minds. The fact that everyone thought he won his last fight certainly helped too. Dana practically handed and guaranteed him the title shot at Aldo after his first lost to Bendo anyways.

Haha, Chael would look like Jack Skellington... Then die as his kidneys became black holes in the space/time continuum...

Dec 14 (event TBA) - Palhares vs. Lombard. And UFC 155 just got Weidman vs. Boetsch.

Very interested in Palhares vs. Lombard!

Both should be very good fights. Palhares, if he can ever learn to strike, is a monster. Lombard should practice escaping heel hooks until fight day.

Blame it on Fighters Insurance. Every since that was brought in, the UFC has been nothing but injuries. Here comes another Interim Title...its getting ridiculous.

Back