UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny cause my wife made a good point when we were talking about the knee. While sure it was illegal, she was saying what happened to back in the Pride days when guys would get kneed all day long in the head and keep fighting. Now you take a knee to the head and they might be calling the fight, then she sees on MMAjunkie.com that someone wrote about that very same situation. I just thought it was intersting that she brought that up cause shes got a point. Regardless it was illegal and i still dont like bisping.

crappy fights last night. I thought there would be way more fireworks.

As for the BJ fight, i thought he should have squeaked out a decision.

First round was clearly Penn 10-9. Second round could have been a draw, but if you give the first to Penn what was so different in the 2nd? Penn got dominant position and takedowns in both, made fitch bleed with an elbow. Fitch did not do any significant damage to Penn.

3rd round was all Fitch, however nothing near a 10-8 round.

Dana White even had it for Penn. Oh well.

Penn thought he lost, so there's that. :lol

Come on man...you are one of the people who screams about Penn always making excuses after a loss. now that he is disappointed after a performance which he was really looking forward to proving the doubters wrong and shows that disappointment, you take his comment seriously? Why dont you take him seriously when he talks about an injury then? that's kind of hypocritical right?

I think it was more that he was unhappy with his performance. he probably expected to control the fight and put hands on fitch at the same time. he did one of the two for 2 rounds...Can you imagine training for 3 months for a fight only to end it as a draw? Probably not the best feeling in the world, and Penn is always candid with his emotions.

I know youre trying to be witty and make light of the situation as you always do, but im trying to be serious about it in a non-nuthugger fashion. so hopefully you can give me that and answer respectfully?

honestly though, what in the 2nd round makes you think Fitch won it if you give the 1st round to Penn?

TUF 13 cast has been announced. Kind of cool to see one of the welterweights trains in my home town. Never heard of him.

Ryan McGillivray
Trains: Edmonton, Alberta Canada – Legends Training Centre
MMA record: 11-4-1

Jon Fitch is a bad fight for anybody, becuase he just tries to lay on people. Giving him a 10-8 in the third is stupid. BJ was never hurt, those punches were more like slaps. I hate Fitch, most boring fighter in MMA.

crappy fights last night. I thought there would be way more fireworks.

As for the BJ fight, i thought he should have squeaked out a decision.

First round was clearly Penn 10-9. Second round could have been a draw, but if you give the first to Penn what was so different in the 2nd? Penn got dominant position and takedowns in both, made fitch bleed with an elbow. Fitch did not do any significant damage to Penn.

3rd round was all Fitch, however nothing near a 10-8 round.

Dana White even had it for Penn. Oh well.

I dont think all the fights sucked on sunday.

I think the judges are trying to be douches. 10 - 8 for dominant position?:dunno

TUF 13 cast has been announced. Kind of cool to see one of the welterweights trains in my home town. Never heard of him.

Ryan McGillivray
Trains: Edmonton, Alberta Canada – Legends Training Centre
MMA record: 11-4-1

WTF is Canada?

Dana White said:
February 28, 2011

"I didn't think it was a draw. I looked at the scorecards and the two judges who had it a draw scored the first two rounds for Penn and the third round a 10-8 [for Fitch]... Personally, I scored the first two rounds for Penn and had him winning the fight. There's no doubt B.J. got pounded in the third round, but that wasn't a 10-8 round."

UFC president Dana White tells ESPN.COM that he believes BJ Penn won last Saturday's main event against Jon Fitch that was ruled a draw after 3 rounds of contested action. Unfortunately for Penn fans, White's opinion cannot reverse or change history but as many have said, the fight was very close and the deciding frame of action was the third that saw two ringside judges score the contested round a 10-8 in favor of Fitch.

Doesn't mean anything since the fight is already over, but sucks as a Penn fan to read at the same time.

A place where the dollar is worth more than the might green back these days :)

Penn is done, hang em up

BJ's not done. I think I have even more respect for the guy now, and I'm not really a fan. But the dude is a gamer and you can never count him out of any fight. I guarantee you everybody who has ever fought him knows they're in for a rough night...

Yeah I think BJ is far from done its just going to be questionable as to where his career heads from here, but hes not done. I still love to watch BJ fight.

I think Penn won the fight 2 rounds to 1 and I'm shocked round 3 could even be considered a 10-8 round. It wasnt even close to what a 10-8 should be.

MMA judges are a bad joke. I wonder if BJ raised his hands after the fight, would that have made any difference :lol. Wouldn't doubt it. I had Fitch winning it 2 to 1.

BJ is far from being done. He has MANY fights left.

maybe, but will they be title fights? I think that matters to him more than just being able to beat some of the good fighters, he wants to prove to himself he can still beat the great fighters.

Back