UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I'm watching it right now. I've seen a few episodes. Got to see a few people that I knew fight (Paul Daley and Wand) and a bunch of unknowns (plus women MMA). And the host is the guy that does the voice for Bender (Futurama).

Love the Mike Tyson KOs.
Ha. I thought that sounded like Bender. I must have missed Wand and Daley. They just showed Toby Imada. He's the first MMA guy that I have heard of. I've only seen the two episodes that just aired.

Ha. I thought that sounded like Bender. I must have missed Wand and Daley. They just showed Toby Imada. He's the first MMA guy that I have heard of. I've only seen the two episodes that just aired.

They were on previous episodes. I dont know exactly how many episode there have been but I've seen atleast 7 or 8. Most of them are amateur matches.

The estimated PPV buy rate for UFC 116 Lesnar vs. Carwin is between 1.15 and 1.25 million.

That means that Lesnar has gotten over a million PPV buys three times in a row for his last three fights. Pretty crazy.

UFC 92 vs. Couture - 1,010,000 PPV Buys

UFC 100 vs. Mir II - 1,600,000 PPV Buys

UFC 116 vs. Carwin - 1,150,000 to 1,250,000 PPV Buys

People can complain about Lesnar but he is a top draw and he's earned his big payday. He might only have 6 fights but he's taking on a murderous row of opponents.

Randy Couture, Frank Mir, Shane Carwin, and now Cain Velasquez all in consecutive fights. Fedor Emelianenko hasn't faced a group of dangerous fighters and top contenders like that in a long time.

Fedor Emelianenko hasn't faced a group of dangerous fighters and top contenders like that..

Ever. Actually ever. :lol

Brock Lesnar is the only HW fighter in MMA history to ever beat 3 Top 5 ranked HW opponents consecutively (#3 Couture, #2 Mir and #3 Carwin).

He tied the record for most Top 10 HW wins in a row with Fedor: 3 each. Fedor still holds the record for most Top 10 HW wins overall though (7 which includes Big Nog x2).

And now he's scheduled to fight Velasquez. Another Top 5 HW.

who cares....PPV buys, rank its all garbage. Lesnar is basically a circus act. He has no skill like GSP or Silva. He's just a big guy/ex WWE wrestler. He's why boxing fans won't jump ship. Although, it was nice choke he pulled against Carwin, but Carwin beat himself, nothing impressed me about Lesnar, his fights are basically rock em sock em robot match. I still feel Carwin is better then him, and Cain has way more talent and skill, but Cain maybe too small....................forget it, I got more to say but I think theres only about 5 people here in this thread.

But Carwin is a cool dude. He's a member and post at the UG forum, it nice to interact with the fighters there.

who cares....PPV buys, rank its all garbage. Lesnar is basically a circus act. He has no skill like GSP or Silva. He's just a big guy/ex WWE wrestler. He's why boxing fans won't jump ship. Although, it was nice choke he pulled against Carwin, but Carwin beat himself, nothing impressed me about Lesnar, his fights are basically rock em sock em robot match. I still feel Carwin is better then him, and Cain has way more talent and skill, but Cain maybe too small....................forget it, I got more to say but I think theres only about 5 people here in this thread.

But Carwin is a cool dude. He's a member and post at the UG forum, it nice to interact with the fighters there.

Lesnar has alot more training to do but he'll get to there... maybe. lol We'll see how he does against Cain.

Lesnar has alot more training to do but he'll get to there... maybe. lol We'll see how he does against Cain.

Cain from Robocop 2?? No contest, Cain would destroy him.

2lvmmtl.jpg

Boo-urns. BS. Carwin beat himself whatever. Lesnar is the one that submitted him in the second round. No one ever did to Carwin what Lesnar did.

Like anyone predicted Lesnar would submit Carwin two weeks ago.

Whatever. I like Carwin is well, but just because he posts on the UG doesn't suddenly make Lesnar not have any skills.

who cares....PPV buys

That would be paying customers who care. PPV buys = interest. You mad cuz your boy Fedor can barely sell 100,000 PPV's? :lol

rank its all garbage.

:lol :lol :lol

This always cracks me up. I love how all the Fedor fans are suddenly saying rankings are meaningless. Why are they suddenly meaningless? Oh right.. because Fedor isn't #1 anymore. Keep in mind, these same people would CONSTANTLY bring up rankings in order to declare their boy toy Fedor as #1. But once he got choked out and tapped in 69 seconds to a UFC reject and lost his #1 spot NOW rankings mean nothing and P4P means nothing. Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Carwin beat himself

Yeah.. no one ever wins a fight. Their opponents just beat themselves. :cuckoo:

damn, devil just served you Nasdeo. maybe you should stay at that UG forum and leave this one. :)

Anyone speak Portuguese!? :lol

Werdum (With Cyborg and his Wife Cris Santos) reviewing the Werdum/Fedor fight.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/s7MVa4nlUCA&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/s7MVa4nlUCA&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

For anyone who remembers me posting this and asking for a translation, here it is (From Sherdog):

https://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Film-Room-How-Werdum-Submitted-Fedor-2530

I never noticed that Big John kneed Werdum's head when he stopped the fight! :lol

For anyone who remembers me posting this and asking for a translation, here it is (From Sherdog):

https://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Film-Room-How-Werdum-Submitted-Fedor-2530

I never noticed that Big John kneed Werdum's head when he stopped the fight! :lol

That video was great. Now it makes alot of sense. Before I thought maybe he was watching the video gloating but now we can see its just an interview and they want him to break down the fight. he was pretty humble as well. Much Respect to Werdum.

That would be paying customers who care. PPV buys = interest. You mad cuz your boy Fedor can barely sell 100,000 PPV's? :lol

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think Strikeforce did PPV events? Isn't Coker talking about making their first PPV event Fedor/Werdum II?

Back