UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally man. I went to Wrestlemania 17 and 25. For 17 I had floor seats further back and for 25 I had lower level seats for like $110. I liked my view from lower deck much better.

I don't really feel cage side is worth it either since the cage will basically obstruct the view even more in a way.

I think lower level is just as good for like a fraction of the price of what floor seats and cage side tends to cost.

I definitely plan on getting some merch. Hopefully a Pride FC shirt. Also a Shogun shirt.

Exactly, the closer you get the cage gets in the way, plus the cage is elevated so you wont be level with hit. If the action falls on the opposite side your sitting on...good luck trying to see it. If your a little farther back you can see the whole cage and if necessary you can watch the large screens.

Exactly Armored Foe. Have you been to any live UFC events before?

Its weird. I'm in Cali and suddenly we are getting a bunch of live UFC events. August Fight Night is in San Diego. Then we are getting Velasquez/Lesnar in October. I mean it makes sense. Velasquez is huge with the Latino and Mexican crowd. That's a market UFC and ZUFFA want to tap into. I hope they just don't overprice UFC 121 tickets like UFC 104.

It's nice after we weren't getting UFC events here for like four years.

yeah I as at UFC 88 ( when Rashad murdered Chuck) and I was at Fight Night in Tampa at the Sundome. Ive been to several other live events, Pride, Elite XC, Strikeforce. I try and make an effort to go to any events that are near me.

Yeah my last event was Strikeforce: Los Angeles since I was already over there for E3.

I'm excited though because this will be my first ever live UFC event.

Any tips about going to weigh-ins or anything like that?

As for going to weigh ins...get there early because they usually have limited seating. The first 5 rows are taken by family friends and the press. You might want to see if there doing a Q&A session also because if you can go to that, usually the weigh ins are right after and you'll have a better chance at getting a seat, because a lot of people didnt care for weigh ins and left so I moved up closer.
You might want to carry a sharpie also because the area is going to be crawling with fighters everywhere.
The day before and the day after, when I went to UFC 88 there were fighters everywhere. Ran into a ton of people and if your going to see a ton of guys at weigh ins also. Alot of times the fighters camps hang out as well and you'll meet fighters that arent even going to be fighting.
My wife carrys a shirt that shes been getting signed ever since we started going to MMA events.

Dont get drunk and act like an a--hole.

LOL, I don't drink so I don't think that will be a problem ;) .

As for going to weigh ins...get there early because they usually have limited seating. The first 5 rows are taken by family friends and the press. You might want to see if there doing a Q&A session also because if you can go to that, usually the weigh ins are right after and you'll have a better chance at getting a seat, because a lot of people didnt care for weigh ins and left so I moved up closer.
You might want to carry a sharpie also because the area is going to be crawling with fighters everywhere.
The day before and the day after, when I went to UFC 88 there were fighters everywhere. Ran into a ton of people and if your going to see a ton of guys at weigh ins also. Alot of times the fighters camps hang out as well and you'll meet fighters that arent even going to be fighting.
My wife carrys a shirt that shes been getting signed ever since we started going to MMA events.

That's awesome. Your wife sounds super cool going to MMA events with you.

Yeah shes not a tag along either, she knows her stuff. Sometimes we'll get into indepth conversations about fighters or recent things in MMA news. Sometimes to the point of where Im just like shutup about MMA for a bit, lol

ha ha ha, beleive me man, its all relative. I still have those days where Im like wtf was I thinking. Relationships are hell simple as that :lol

Yeah my last event was Strikeforce: Los Angeles since I was already over there for E3.

I'm excited though because this will be my first ever live UFC event.

Any tips about going to weigh-ins or anything like that?
If you're able and willing I would suggest getting a Fight Club membership. You get to skip ahead of a big general public line, and get floor seats if you do. If you don't feel like shelling out $$$ for that, get there stupid early. They usually do an autograph session an hour or so before the weigh in, you might be interested in that.

For UFC 103 I was at the convention center 3 hours before the autograph session began. There was still probably 100+ people in front of me. From there you go to a general public line for the weigh ins. I managed to get a great seat.

If anyone is interested, Josh Barnett aka 3x Roider won his fight at Impact FC yesterday. :lol

Impact FC 1 - The Uprising: Brisbane Full Results:
Karo Parisyan defeated Ben Mortimer - Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Rd2 4:18
Tom Waters defeated Jacob Mahony - TKO (Punches) Rd2 1:38
Fabio Fernandes defeated Api Hemara - Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Rd1 3:58
Thiago Meller defeated Jai Bradney - Technical Submission (Guillotine Choke) Rd1 1:32
Jeff Monson defeated Ubiratan Marinho Lima - Decision (Unanimous)
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou defeated Joaquim Ferreira - TKO (Punches) Rd1 1:20
Brian Ebersole defeated Carlos Newton - Decision (Unanimous)
Josh Barnett defeated Geronimo dos Santos - TKO (Punches) Rd1 2:35

LOL, Barnett has to take tomato can fights in Australia because American promoters don't want to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

:lol:lol:lol

The weird thing to me is how so many people consider Barnett a top HW when the reality is, he hasn't beaten a ranked HW opponent since 2006. And that was a split decision win over Big Nog (that Big Nog avenged 3 months later).

Back