UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct. Devil meant Broadcast Cable views.. or whatever the hell you call them.

Poor Overeem. Another fight passed by him.

Ah, OK. Well it seems a little unfair to compare the number of folks watching on Showtime versus true PPV buys, doesn't it? I would imagine Fedor/Werdum II would do much better than 100,000 PPV buys, no?

Ah, OK. Well it seems a little unfair to compare the number of folks watching on Showtime versus true PPV buys, doesn't it? I would imagine Fedor/Werdum II would do much better than 100,000 PPV buys, no?

Sorry but no. In fact, UFC would be at the disadvantage. How much is Showtime a month... like $10? And sometimes you can get it free for 6 months. A UFC event is $60 for ONE EVENT. That PPV doesnt come with movies, and tv shows. its 1 event.

UFC 113 was aired on SpikeTV (recorded not live) the same time as the Strikeforce match.... and it got over 1 million views. But thats comparing basic free cable station to a paid cable station. Regardless, the UFC owned them in ratings.

Actually I was talking about PPV. :lol

Fedor has headlined 4 PPV events. And ALL of them failed miserably.

BodogFight – Clash of the Nations
Main Event: Fedor vs. Matt Lindland
PPV Buy Rate: Less than 6000

Pride 32: The Real Deal
Main Event: Fedor vs. Mark Coleman II
PPV Buy Rate: 40,000

Affliction: Banned
Main Event: Fedor vs. Tim Sylvia
PPV Buy Rate: 100,000

Affliction: Day of Reckoning
Main Event: Fedor vs. Andrei Arlovski
PPV Buy Rate: 90,000

Werdum/Fedor would bomb on PPV. That was one of the most undesired matchups of all time. It was a waste of time for Fedor. The only relevant fight for Strikeforce for Fedor was Alistair Overeem. But Scott Coker wanted to BUILD UP TO IT. Nope. Doesn't work like that in MMA. MMA is not scripted.

That would be paying customers who care. PPV buys = interest. You mad cuz your boy Fedor can barely sell 100,000 PPV's? :lol

:lol :lol :lol

This always cracks me up. I love how all the Fedor fans are suddenly saying rankings are meaningless. Why are they suddenly meaningless? Oh right.. because Fedor isn't #1 anymore. Keep in mind, these same people would CONSTANTLY bring up rankings in order to declare their boy toy Fedor as #1. But once he got choked out and tapped in 69 seconds to a UFC reject and lost his #1 spot NOW rankings mean nothing and P4P means nothing. Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Yeah.. no one ever wins a fight. Their opponents just beat themselves. :cuckoo:

BA ZINGA!!! The only thing Devil forgot in this post was the post celebration tea-bag.

...Im not even about to get into a Fedor debate. I like Fedor and have always liked Fedor, but the dude dropped from #1 long ago. I mean Ive said it before, he just doesnt fight enough to be considered #1. Is he one of my favorites, sure, but thats just personal opinion, has nothing to do with skill level. As for Brock, cant really stand the guy, but damn I gotta give it to him, he looked impressive to me and for someone to say he didnt look good that night is crazy. Something else Ive said if Fedor were to fight Brock...Brock would win. I think Fedors good, but Brock would just have to much size and strenght advantage. It would basically have to be a perfect fight adn I just dont see that happenening from Fedor.

** On a side note, I went and visited Korean Top Team today and got a picture with Chan jung sung. He was really nice and totally friendly. The even asked if I wanted to train, but I couldnt I had to get going. I thought I was going to get to meet Kim Dong Hyun, but he wasnt around at the moment, apprently at his other gym training.

Actually I was talking about PPV. :lol

Fedor has headlined 4 PPV events. And ALL of them failed miserably.

BodogFight – Clash of the Nations
Main Event: Fedor vs. Matt Lindland
PPV Buy Rate: Less than 6000

Pride 32: The Real Deal
Main Event: Fedor vs. Mark Coleman II
PPV Buy Rate: 40,000

Affliction: Banned
Main Event: Fedor vs. Tim Sylvia
PPV Buy Rate: 100,000

Affliction: Day of Reckoning
Main Event: Fedor vs. Andrei Arlovski
PPV Buy Rate: 90,000

S*** I stand corrected. lol Strikeforce cant survive if they have to keep paying Fedor $400,000.

Werdum/Fedor would bomb on PPV. That was one of the most undesired matchups of all time. It was a waste of time for Fedor. The only relevant fight for Strikeforce for Fedor was Alistair Overeem. But Scott Coker wanted to BUILD UP TO IT. Nope. Doesn't work like that in MMA. MMA is not scripted.

And this is why they fail so much. They think about the sport like its WWE. Sorry but anything can happen in MMA.

And if Werdum v Fedor was on PPV, it wouldnt have done well at all. II might do better but they would have to pack the card. And you know the UFC would do something slick to still ratings.

...Im not even about to get into a Fedor debate. I like Fedor and have always liked Fedor, but the dude dropped from #1 long ago. I mean Ive said it before, he just doesnt fight enough to be considered #1. Is he one of my favorites, sure, but thats just personal opinion, has nothing to do with skill level. As for Brock, cant really stand the guy, but damn I gotta give it to him, he looked impressive to me and for someone to say he didnt look good that night is crazy. Something else Ive said if Fedor were to fight Brock...Brock would win. I think Fedors good, but Brock would just have to much size and strenght advantage. It would basically have to be a perfect fight adn I just dont see that happenening from Fedor.

** On a side note, I went and visited Korean Top Team today and got a picture with Chan jung sung. He was really nice and totally friendly. The even asked if I wanted to train, but I couldnt I had to get going. I thought I was going to get to meet Kim Dong Hyun, but he wasnt around at the moment, apprently at his other gym training.

:clap Its nice to see a Fedor fan that is realistic. His fanatics still consider him #1 even though he hasnt fought any one tough in years. And then the loss to Werdum should have sealed the deal but they try to discount it and say "Oh Werdum got lucky". Cheers to you Foe. :hi5:

:thud:
Oh Snap you got to meet the Korean Zombie? Did he try and eat your brains? Did you get his autograph?

I fully expect Korean Zombie to destroy George Roop. If he doesn't, I will be a sad panda. Sorry George Roop, but you just don't cut it as an MMA fighter.

S*** I stand corrected. lol Strikeforce cant survive if they have to keep paying Fedor $400,000.

And this is why they fail so much. They think about the sport like its WWE. Sorry but anything can happen in MMA.

And if Werdum v Fedor was on PPV, it wouldnt have done well at all. II might do better but they would have to pack the card. And you know the UFC would do something slick to still ratings.

:clap Its nice to see a Fedor fan that is realistic. His fanatics still consider him #1 even though he hasnt fought any one tough in years. And then the loss to Werdum should have sealed the deal but they try to discount it and say "Oh Werdum got lucky". Cheers to you Foe. :hi5:

:thud:
Oh Snap you got to meet the Korean Zombie? Did he try and eat your brains? Did you get his autograph?

Yeah man like I said I love Fedor and always will. I think hes an awesome fighter, but again is he #1...nope...#2 nah...not even #3 in my eyes. As you stated as well, the loss to Werdum doesnt help him at all. Like I said though is he one of my favorites yep, but to be a part of the top elite fighters you need to fight often and you need to fight top contenders.

As for Korean Zombie, guys he was so nice and tried to practice some english with me and I told him I love his fight with Leonard and he gave me a hug and said he was sorry he lost, but he wanted to put on good fight. I was like dude your fight kicked ass, he was happy that I thought it was good, I go man America thought it was good and he kinda chuckled. I did get pictures and my wife carried her Korean flag that Kim Dong Hyun signed at UFC 88 so he signed that and also another member of there gym just went pro and signed to UFC also. He makes his debut on the Brock vs Cain event. I cant remember his name though, the korean names are rather long. I asked if he would sign and he was all humble and said he wasnt famous and we didnt want his autograph and i kinda just gave him a slap on the shoulder and said you'll do well and maybe become more famous.

Yeah man like I said I love Fedor and always will. I think hes an awesome fighter, but again is he #1...nope...#2 nah...not even #3 in my eyes. As you stated as well, the loss to Werdum doesnt help him at all. Like I said though is he one of my favorites yep, but to be a part of the top elite fighters you need to fight often and you need to fight top contenders.

As for Korean Zombie, guys he was so nice and tried to practice some english with me and I told him I love his fight with Leonard and he gave me a hug and said he was sorry he lost, but he wanted to put on good fight. I was like dude your fight kicked ass, he was happy that I thought it was good, I go man America thought it was good and he kinda chuckled. I did get pictures and my wife carried her Korean flag that Kim Dong Hyun signed at UFC 88 so he signed that and also another member of there gym just went pro and signed to UFC also. He makes his debut on the Brock vs Cain event. I cant remember his name though, the korean names are rather long. I asked if he would sign and he was all humble and said he wasnt famous and we didnt want his autograph and i kinda just gave him a slap on the shoulder and said you'll do well and maybe become more famous.

If I had tear ducts, I would have cried at your story. :lol The last few sentences felt like the ending of a movie. :clap I hope his camp and the UFC has some event in florida so I can go to it.

Dongi "The Ox" YangRe: UFC, etc.

also another member of there gym just went pro and signed to UFC also. He makes his debut on the Brock vs Cain event. I cant remember his name though, the korean names are rather long. I asked if he would sign and he was all humble and said he wasnt famous and we didnt want his autograph and i kinda just gave him a slap on the shoulder and said you'll do well and maybe become more famous.

Most likely "The Ox" Dong-Yi Yang. That's the newest Korean fighter to sign with the UFC and he's part of Korean Top Team. 9-0 (8 TKO's, 1 Sub).

He used to fight at HW but plans to drop down to MW to fight in the UFC. Which at the very least shows he has brains because WAY too many foreign fighters try to fight in the UFC at their natural weight and end up being considerably smaller than all the guys who routinely cut weight.

WOW.. Roop is back!? I remember he got cut. :lol

Well Korean Zombie is probably the type of guy ZUFFA wants to keep around. So they need to give him a guy he can beat. Wins and losses aren't as big of a deal in the WEC, but Zombie can be like a marquee player if they play their cards right.

Talking about #'s, I can't believe Devil has almost 8,000 post and he doesn't collect SS. Anyway Fedor v Brock would still be the biggest fight in MMA history. And it probably will happen. M1 said they will not ask for co-promotion if both sides talk again. If Lesnar beats Cain, the fedor v lesnar fight will happen next July in Las Vegas. But thats wishful thinking, the fight game changes quick.

Well Korean Zombie is probably the type of guy ZUFFA wants to keep around. So they need to give him a guy he can beat. Wins and losses aren't as big of a deal in the WEC, but Zombie can be like a marquee player if they play their cards right.

Oh crap my bad. I forgot Jung fights in the WEC. Roop was cut from the UFC. I thought this was going to be there that's why I was like WFT!? :lol

Yeah Roop is 0-1-1 in the WEC so I agree, Zuffa is feeding Roop to Jung. Should be an easy/dominate win for the Korean Zombie.

Talking about #'s, I can't believe Devil has almost 8,000 post and he doesn't collect SS.

Talking about sad attempts with comebacks, I can't believe WASEDO still tries since it usually ends up with him just being owned and looking more desperate/pathetic.

Wow, your fast, you have this thread on twitter or something. Your funny, did you really think I would respond to you in the Batmobile thread? I know you have a crush on me and follow me, but I dont like you and ignore you outside this thread. I love your post here. You have to be the Sideshow Freaks MMA news guy, like the 5 people here really get there MMA news here. You crack me up.

And you never named the forum were u rap at please do.

Love is in the air..............You wanna know the funniest thing of all, I don't even watch MMA, I was just having a ball watching you go ape sht. Somebody else was telling me what to write, watching you go nuts is funny.

But I gotta go, can't play today, going on COD with some of the freaks here. Please tell me you play on PS3, if you do PM me you id and I'll send an invite. later.

Talking about #'s, I can't believe Devil has almost 8,000 post and he doesn't collect SS. Anyway Fedor v Brock would still be the biggest fight in MMA history. And it probably will happen. M1 said they will not ask for co-promotion if both sides talk again. If Lesnar beats Cain, the fedor v lesnar fight will happen next July in Las Vegas. But thats wishful thinking, the fight game changes quick.

lol LAME. Fedor loses and now M1 wants to negotiate with the UFC. How desperate can they get. They know Strikeforce is losing money with Fedor and need to put him some place that already does well. Booo to them. i hope Dana says "____ Fedor and M1" because the fact is, the UFC doesnt need Fedor and neither do I. Let him retire and call it a career.

And stop picking fights with people.

Back