UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to be a looooong line of guys wanting to fight Punk. I'll be pulling for him because 99.9% think he will get his ass kicked which is probably the case. Wonder if he will walk out to Cult of Personality?

Matheus was the one with everything to gain and nothing to lose. He should've went balls to the wall like the announcers said. Easily the worst match. I wouldn't be all that interested in another old Gracie competing again unless it was maybe like Royce and Matt Hughes doing a grappling match cause I know Matt wouldn't stall.

People don't pay for these events to see guys not going after it. I think tonon wants kron in this event, that would be good. Not interested in seeing Marcelo grapple against kron when he is 2-0 against him with one finish. It's a shame buchecha said he won't do these anymore. He's the best in the world IMO and is pretty exciting. We need some women in this too.

I'm a Kron fan so I'd like to see him matched up against anybody. He pretty much shows up to finish the fight not go for submissions.

I'd also like to see either of the Mendes brothers against the Miyao brothers. Here's a great finish at the Rickson Cup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgo_yCpefKg#t=381

Going to be a looooong line of guys wanting to fight Punk. I'll be pulling for him because 99.9% think he will get his ass kicked which is probably the case. Wonder if he will walk out to Cult of Personality?

does he even have any real experience in any grappling or fighting? At least Brock was a top wrestler in college.

Sucks that my guy Hendricks lost.

didn't see it, glad Lawler won, but I'm sure they will go again.

I'm a Kron fan so I'd like to see him matched up against anybody. He pretty much shows up to finish the fight not go for submissions.

I'd also like to see either of the Mendes brothers against the Miyao brothers. Here's a great finish at the Rickson Cup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgo_yCpefKg#t=381

I do think Rafa is 1 or 2 in the world with rankings, but I know personally and a lot of others don't want to see 2 guys do berimbolo for 20 minutes. I think Rafa has a lot more in his game than all that, but never been a fan of the Miyao brothers. That other BB in your link looked like a purple or brown belt at best lol

Last edited:
I do think Rafa is 1 or 2 in the world with rankings, but I know personally and a lot of others don't want to see 2 guys do berimbolo for 20 minutes. I think Rafa has a lot more in his game than all that, but never been a fan of the Miyao brothers. That other BB in your link looked like a purple or brown belt at best lol

I think the Berimbolo thing is hilarious, and I'd watch it just for that. No way would I pay for it though. I think the guy matched up in the link is a newly minted black belt or something, but I've never heard of him so I'm not sure. The Rickson Cup is one of the biggest tournaments in Japan. Every year they fly out a handful of top level guys to draw up attention. Andre Galvao was there two years ago.

yea, I don't think people would pay for it. Rafa would have to go against someone who is going to be aggressive with guard passes and submissions. I've just seen too much of it in the big ibjjf tournaments.

CM Punk says he has a background in Kempo Karate and has been training BJJ for years so we'll see.

Funny twist: The guy who played the green Power Ranger (who also started fighting in MMA) said he would like to be Punk's first UFC opponent. :lol

CM Punk says he has a background in Kempo Karate and has been training BJJ for years so we'll see.

Funny twist: The guy who played the green Power Ranger (who also started fighting in MMA) said he would like to be Punk's first UFC opponent. :lol

Everyone wants to be his opponent because it's going to be a big pay day.

I'm doubting Dana trying to give Punk a tomatoe can....to risky. If the can beats Punk there's no where to go. He is 36, how long does he think he's got? Where's Kimbo at? CM Punk vs Kimbo.

Having a background in Kempo Karate isn't going to help him in this game. Also he even said he doesn't have time to train BJJ because hes always on the road and never really trains consistently to claim any color belt. So in my opinion that would make him a white belt. Also he mentioned never even having any live sparring matches, Im pretty sure his face is fresh for the picking and has never had a solid punch layed on it.

As for Jason David Frank (Green Ranger) while it sounds funny he at least has actual cage experience. Ive seen him fight 3 times and while not great, he did ok for the amateur ranks at least. I personally think he'd lay out CM punk. Jason also has a black belt in some style of Karate and is a purple belt in BJJ, so at least on paper hes got more going for him than CM.

CM doesn't have a camp, wasn't sure which weight class he would even fight in. Its going to be interesting to see him fight for sure, at least Brock came in with credentials.

I understand the hate among fighters and fans for paying any guy lots of money who doesn't have any legit fighting skills. I don't follow wrestling, so is there something else that people hate CM for? I've seen interviews with him and he's been on the talking dead, he seems like an ok guy to me....

He is a cool guy. I think its because he's an outspoken person. Someone who's not afraid to voice his opinion and in the world of wrestling, its not something the powers that be like at all. Its also because he left wrestling without notice. Basically just walked away, also feeling frustrated with WWE and some people in the company. So some people feel he's a jerk for doing what he did.

Barao looked meh, he was gassed in the 3rd, he's gonna get beat on again for sure by Dill.

He is a cool guy. I think its because he's an outspoken person. Someone who's not afraid to voice his opinion and in the world of wrestling, its not something the powers that be like at all. Its also because he left wrestling without notice. Basically just walked away, also feeling frustrated with WWE and some people in the company. So some people feel he's a jerk for doing what he did.

pffttt....tons of ppl have quit jobs without notice in this world. I'd be outspoken too, and from what I've heard about that company over the years, I don't blame anybody for leaving that ****.

Barao looked meh, he was gassed in the 3rd, he's gonna get beat on again for sure by Dill.

pffttt....tons of ppl have quit jobs without notice in this world. I'd be outspoken too, and from what I've heard about that company over the years, I don't blame anybody for leaving that ****.

Totally agree, Barao while he pulled out the W, he didn't look impressive and TJ will push him again and probably make it look easier the 2nd time around.

I just found out he was next in line for the title, I guess that means Barao will get his shot. That would've been a good fight. Jones and Cormier better stay healthy for two weeks!

Yeah I gave up on Cruz a long time ago. I mean the guy looked impressive in his last fight, but having that many knee injuries is pretty much the beginning of the end for his career.

As for Jon and DC, yes lets hope those guys stay healthy and everything works out. One of the only fights Im looking forward to.

Back