UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just bothers me because everybody should at least get a few seconds to do something (or try to that is)

Yeah personally I think there was a chance it could have went on a little longer but at the same time I don't fault Big John for stopping it after seeing what he saw.
I mean Benson more than likely would have eaten a few more shots that would have put him to sleep.

Anyone watch the premiere of TUF last night. I watched and it was cool, but considering it was the first episode not a lot happened. Im really hoping the ladies
bring something that the guys don't to the show. If this doesn't do anything TUF really does need to end.

what are you hoping for? Some pillow fights, some kissing or how about more drama? If your answer is yes, than I agree, but otherwise, I don't think they can bring anything else to the show. I would assume one thing you defn won't see is good JJ, which means more straight up brawls.

what are you hoping for? Some pillow fights, some kissing or how about more drama? If your answer is yes, than I agree, but otherwise, I don't think they can bring anything else to the show. I would assume one thing you defn won't see is good JJ, which means more straight up brawls.

Yeh I was hoping to see some decent fights. The girls don't bring the "I know it all" attitude like the ********* guys. It has that grass roots amateur mma feel to it. Im not looking for drama, I actually stopped watching TUF many many seasons ago and now just fast forward right to the fights. Tonights a new episode and Im hoping they bring a better fight.

AJ suspended indefinitely for something he did years ago today. I don't understand what's going on with sports organizations lately. All of a sudden, they all care so much about domestic abuse? W. Silva retired too.

AJ suspended indefinitely for something he did years ago today. I don't understand what's going on with sports organizations lately. All of a sudden, they all care so much about domestic abuse? W. Silva retired too.

Yeah I don't think its that they care about domestic abuse its the backlash they'll get from not acting like they care. What happened in the NFL is one thing, do you think any of those mainstream sports fan know anything about MMA enough to care that AJ was suspended. Its UFC covering their ass with all the talk of domestic
abuse going on now. I have a feeling he'll be back once this calms down some.

I figured maybe there was some domestic abuse awareness month or something that was just invented. Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for it if it did exist, but I don't like these organizations being fake with real "concern" about domestic abuse when they didn't care about it for all these years.

I figured maybe there was some domestic abuse awareness month or something that was just invented. Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for it if it did exist, but I don't like these organizations being fake with real "concern" about domestic abuse when they didn't care about it for all these years.

Totally agree, im all for it as well if its genuine, but as I mentioned to me it just seems like its the thing to do at the moment because its the talk of the town. Once this goes away they'll figure out how to bring back AJ and act like he learned a lesson for something that happened a long time ago... Oh UFC.

Thoughts? Anyone see the last UFC.

* I wasn't expecting Cruz to come out and be so dominate. He really impressed me and I'll be honest I wasn't sure how he was going to do against Mizugaki.

* Kennedy vs Romero...I think they should have called that fight since Romero didn't answer the bell in the 3rd imo.

* Eddie didn't fair to well against Cowboy. Cowboy definitely brought the heat with his great striking as usual. I couldn't believe he was pretty much going to put
Eddie away with leg kicks. I thought it was funny that I happen to see Ben Askren tweet "I told you Bellator fighters cant fight" lol. Cowboy really does deserve a title shot.

* Conor as well, just give the guy a damn title shot.

Cruz looked good.. but as usual the question is: How long will he stay healthy!? He has the next shot against Dillashaw. So that should be interesting.. unless he gets hurt. :lol

The whole "controversy" with Romero was because of the cut man/commission/Romero's corner. Cut man put too much vaseline on Romero's cut, the commission wanted some of it removed, Romero's corner thought they wanted them to wipe him down, it was a cluster ****. :lol

Eddie, even in defeat, looked good. I think it was obvious Cowboy's height gave him A LOT of problems. He'll do better against similar sized opponents in the future.

Connor.. still not sold TBH. He's good.. but I still have no clue HOW good. Poirier is the first ranked fighter he's ever fought, right?

Cat Zingano looked rusty as hell. :lol

Conor McGregor made 150k. That's a lot for his 4th fight in the UFC. Dana White said he's bigger then Brock & GSP.

Thoughts? Anyone see the last UFC.

* I wasn't expecting Cruz to come out and be so dominate. He really impressed me and I'll be honest I wasn't sure how he was going to do against Mizugaki.

* Kennedy vs Romero...I think they should have called that fight since Romero didn't answer the bell in the 3rd imo.

* Eddie didn't fair to well against Cowboy. Cowboy definitely brought the heat with his great striking as usual. I couldn't believe he was pretty much going to put
Eddie away with leg kicks. I thought it was funny that I happen to see Ben Askren tweet "I told you Bellator fighters cant fight" lol. Cowboy really does deserve a title shot.

* Conor as well, just give the guy a damn title shot.

bummer I missed the card, didn't have any clue there was one.

The UFC has oversaturated itself IMO. Big fights get cancelled left and right, few name fighters like it used to be, and the typical free TV card is better than the ppv in most cases.

The UFC has oversaturated itself IMO. Big fights get cancelled left and right, few name fighters like it used to be, and the typical free TV card is better than the ppv in most cases.

It seems UFC is settling into the same pattern as boxing is right now. No huge mega fights. It's a sport that is on the periphery-not quite main stream- it seems to have a better TV exposure (UFC) than boxing shows--but nevertheless seems to be in a bit of a funk right now.

well look at their next 6 cards. A lot of who cares fights. Besides Aldo and the Cain fight, nothing really to look forward to imo. A lot of these champs are only defending the title once a year, if that. Hendricks and Pettis haven't ever defended the belt.

Back