UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2e0k2zo.jpg

Now that's funny,I don't care who you are! :rotfl

Retarded the UFC isn't executing disciplinary action as they have a right to from the Code of Conduct they wrote for their company.

They can't, he prempted any disciplinary action by announcing he was checking into rehab. Jones is legally protected now by the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA).

Also this point should be made clear: Jones passed the post-fight drug test.

That's why he's still champ and why the W wasn't changed to a NC.

They can't, he prempted any disciplinary action by announcing he was checking into rehab. Jones is legally protected now by the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA).

Thank you for the update.
Glad to hear this.
Excellent!

And now he's out. One day in rehab, folks. Jon Jones is either an idiot refusing to deal with coke problems, or Nate Diaz is somehow right: this is all one big publicity stunt.

Just another example how he is fake. I was prolly his biggest fan the first time he stepped into the ufc and even I can see it.

Jon jones aint running for high office, as for being fake 99% of people in front of a camera are fake, it comes with the territory.The guys probably the most dangerous fighter on the planet, i thought cormier would take him, now i believe he would beat cain tomorrow if they fought, the guys a stud.

no, he's not running for high office, but at the same time, I don't know anyone who actually likes him and it hurts the sport. I don't know how you get 99% of ppl on camera are fake when most of those ppl are just reading a script. The best fighter in the world is on fairy dust, and you know what, there was a small blip about it on espn and I didn't hear about it anywhere else besides this forum. MMA has topped out. A few years ago we were talking about the heights it could reach. Now, it's more like WWE than anything.

Retarded the UFC isn't executing disciplinary action as they have a right to from the Code of Conduct they wrote for their company. Definitely not setting the best example, along with Jones. Hopefully after this, and in the after math of the DC fight, Jones will embrace who he actually is over who he tries to be to get sponsors/fans/respect/acceptance.

The UFC will never do anything to him as long as he's still the champ, and/or selling PPV for them.

no, he's not running for high office, but at the same time, I don't know anyone who actually likes him and it hurts the sport. I don't know how you get 99% of ppl on camera are fake when most of those ppl are just reading a script. The best fighter in the world is on fairy dust, and you know what, there was a small blip about it on espn and I didn't hear about it anywhere else besides this forum. MMA has topped out. A few years ago we were talking about the heights it could reach. Now, it's more like WWE than anything.

Maybe for the casual fan, but I don't think MMA topped out I just think like ive always said its not a big deal to "regular" sports fans. Combat sports will never really be a big deal in the US, its just a spectacle and as you said more of a WWE style event. I think most of your casual fans could care less about the fact that its real. That means nothing to them, they don't want competition they want a pre-determined outcome like that other type of wrestling. The US just doesn't view fighting as a sport, the only reason boxing still around because people have just grown up with it and that's all they know when they think of "combat sport". This sport is just to brutal for the average person who has never been in a fight or trained in their life so they just don't get how 2 people would want to compete in it or watch it for that matter.

The casual fans will come and go and the ones who were there from the beginning will remain and support the sport till the end no matter what happens.

I just did a search & could find no evidence of a boxing thread so I thought that posting here would be cool.

Is anybody else looking forward to Bermane Stiverne v Deontay Wilder later tonight? It could crown the first US Heavyweight champ for quite a few years. I think that all boxing fans can agree that this division has been sorely lacking an exciting US fighter for far too long, much to the divisions & the boxing fans detriment. I think that all the recent, decent US punchers now take their pugilistic trade to the octagon instead of the squared circle.

I can't bring myself to root for Wilder, simply because he's a woman beating coward, but I do think that he'll win tonight. However, his record is nowhere near as impressive as 32 (32) + 0 + 0 would suggest as there isn't a single half decent fighter on there & he's never even been beyond the 4th round. So I guess that he is very much untested at this stage of his career. As I've stated, I don't like the guy but a win tonight would set up an exiting defence against our (Britain's) own Tyson Fury or a unification bout Wladimir Klitschko.

I, for one, am really looking forward to this fight tonight & will go with a rather predictable KO win for Wilder in, say, the 5th. So, anybody else? Any predictions?

Back