Threezero The X-Files Agent Dana Scully

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The height is probably about accurate. She should be about 26cm, but the body looks far too slim and tiny around the shoulders. The legs are too thin and that makes them look longer than they should.

Threezero really need to have a look at their petite female body. The only one that has seemed accurate so far has been Arya. Gillian Anderson, Scarlet Johansson and Emilia Clarke are all similar in body size, but Threezero have made them all too slim and having a child's body. All three are more curvaceous.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your opinion man. I understand what you say, also I can understand what ray and other collectors said.

I am not talking from a point of view of a 1/6 figures collector. I prefer bigger scales 1:1, 1:3 scale... although I bought some 1/6 figures in the past. I’m talking from the point of view of an x-files fan who has never think that will have two figures from two of his most iconic actors inside his vitrine...I have also ripley from hot toys and I had an Alien once...

As an x-files fan I can say that I find awesome having both figures in my collection. Likeness is there...I automatically recognize mulder and scully. I find them really very well done! Of course I can see that Scully should be a litle bit bigger but I repeat, when I display both figures like on the last photo I posted, I can’t see the difference between scales...Of course Ray and the other are right, 3zero should have made her bigger...BUT, we won’t get a better Scully figure and instead of speaking about the problem I prefer to show the solution...try to display them like In my last photos and tell me if you are not convinced about the effect seeing both figures together.

We are collectors because we like what figures represent, at least me, and I can’t say nothing, and I think nobody, about the last photo I posted here. They look incredible! Even better in person. What alternatives do we have? Will 3zero give us a bigger head?, will hot toys bring us a new mulder and scully? Do you think a custom head will be better likeness than this one? Will you leave mulder alone? Will you pass on having mulder and scully? And consider all of this knowing that you can easy fix the differents scales displaying like I tell you... also hot toys figures, you should find the better side to display them...but you know what? once they are in the perfect position, we leave them.and we enjoy..oh yes!:)

The bottom line is yes, you need to not buy this. You have to tell these companies they can't shovel us **** and we'll keep eating it up. It's not that hard to develop a female body, especially with a company given multiple females across their license. I have zero expectation that any GoT figures will be to scale. This isn't a small mistake, this is a total **** up. They didn't even show promo pics of the two together for obvious reasons. They know it's a piece of ****. No one should buy this, Three zero should lose a ton of money on this and for good reason.

If all you want is a representation, buy Funko pops and save yourself $350. I realized a while ago I love 1/6 not just because it's the properties I love, it's because I love the accuracy of them. Not everyone is like that obviously, but there's a reason these things cost so much, and these products are literally a slap in the face.

The bottom line is yes, you need to not buy this. You have to tell these companies they can't shovel us **** and we'll keep eating it up. It's not that hard to develop a female body, especially with a company given multiple females across their license. I have zero expectation that any GoT figures will be to scale. This isn't a small mistake, this is a total **** up. They didn't even show promo pics of the two together for obvious reasons. They know it's a piece of ****. No one should buy this, Three zero should lose a ton of money on this and for good reason.

If all you want is a representation, buy Funko pops and save yourself $350. I realized a while ago I love 1/6 not just because it's the properties I love, it's because I love the accuracy of them. Not everyone is like that obviously, but there's a reason these things cost so much, and these products are literally a slap in the face.

What makes you think that it would be better to buy a funko pop if I want a representation of the tv series? Have you seen the pictures I put before? Do you really think that I will have a better representation with two funkos intead of both 3zero figures? for me I have now a magnificent representation of x-files...

this is as if I tell you that if you are so worried about the details of whether a leg is shorter or longer, or if the figure is slightly smaller, leave the 1/6 hobby and start collecting funko because you will suffer less ...

I love these figures because their likeness with the actors and because displayed like this, no one can’t appreciate that one figure is slightly smaller than the other. With the coat also you can’t appreciate that legs are too thin...they are pieces of plastic, not real actors, but the goal is that you can make them pose as they are duchovny and anderson. No way you can do the same with two funkos.

We are speaking of different things I think. Of course we all have to give feedback to the comoanies if we are not happy with final products...and in that case, ok, scully is slightly smaller BUT I highly recommend not to pass on her if you want to have two awesome xfiles figures. We won’t have more chances to have them and now qe hace what we have...so 2 options:

- return mulder and scully and buy two funkos. And complain to 3zero.
- keep scully, display as I show you (size is an easy fix like this), enjoy the figures (and you will do it). Complain to 3zero.

Luckly, we can fix size problem as i told you, what we couldn’t fix is facial likeness and there it is:). If you like xfiles, enjoy the figures because they are enjoiyable...if you look for perfectiok in detail, good luck because nowadays is a lottery to got perfection (I get perfection in some 1:1 busts...but we are speaking of 2000€ figures or more)

Have a nice day!

I’m sorry, but even your solution, which makes things look better I’ll admit, isn’t acceptable. I’m not one to care about accuracy when difference of height is involved. I see people with OCD adding or removing ankle pegs to change the height of a figure, pad this or that to make the figure more beefy, change bodies for the tiniest reason.

... and every time I laugh at their OCD. They’re just toys for christ’s Sake!

But here, it’s really different. It’s not just a problem of size. It’s a problem of scale! Whatever artifice you use to hide it, Scully’s head, with hair, is still half the size of Mulder’s! And there’s nothing you can do to fix that!

I’m sorry, but even your solution, which makes things look better I’ll admit, isn’t acceptable. I’m not one to care about accuracy when difference of height is involved. I see people with OCD adding or removing ankle pegs to change the height of a figure, pad this or that to make the figure more beefy, change bodies for the tiniest reason.

... and every time I laugh at their OCD. They’re just toys for christ’s Sake!

But here, it’s really different. It’s not just a problem of size. It’s a problem of scale! Whatever artifice you use to hide it, Scully’s head, with hair, is still half the size of Mulder’s! And there’s nothing you can do to fix that!

Yeah, in your case, better pass on it. But there are people like me that will enjoy a lot these figures:)

I really like both figures separately. I kind of dig the hyper-stylised barbie doll look of Scully and the more traditional sixth scale Mulder.

The challenge would just be displaying together - even if you put aside the scaling issues, taking Scully from the early seasons and Mulder from the latest seasons just is really jarring.

I think I’ll give them a miss, which is a shame given how excited I was for Scully.

I saw this posted in reply to how short Scully is on one of the facebook groups. Not defending the figure but someone made the point that the character Scully was much taller than Gillian was and Threezero may have gone with the actress actual height. On screen she's clearly portrayed as a good four to six inches taller. Yeah, I know, it's not particular relative here as smaller female figures happens to be a threezero trait. Thought I'd share it anyway. Maybe it'll help ease a few who are shocked by the figure.

65818699_10211697980284064_1480823746347401216_n.jpg

I'm very much on the fence concerning a cancellation. Seems inevitable though.

She wasn’t portrayed taller across the board. She was portrayed as her actual height and they frequently cheated it as-needed for compositional reasons.
348da5a8bf20ee2f888860f48cb1789d.jpg
2061d919ee15eeb4db15796961836845.jpg
071d2a125d470e95353b9bdaf58629eb.jpg

Last edited:
Height isn't the issue, it's proportions. Shorter people don't usually have proportionally smaller heads. The figure's head is clearly too small in proportion to her body. The body also is too slender, but that can be easily fixed with another body.
In many of the pictures you posted Guru, look at the size of Anderson's head to Duchovny's, they appear to be almost the same size. The same can't be said for the figure.

Yes the post above says not all. The height is completely fine it’s the head and size of the body that is the issue.

Here is threezero’s response to my email:

Dear Ray:

Thank you for your valuable advice on Agent Scully and we have passed your message to our Development Team. We will further feedback to you on the issue. Thank you!

Best Regards
threezero CS TeaM

Aka

“Thanks you will never hear from us again.”

They need more emails and more social media posts. I want them to redo this head. I will even pay for it.

They need more emails and more social media posts. I want them to redo this head. I will even pay for it.

Ray, I plan on adding my voice to yours as soon as I get my Scully so I can respond with first-hand experience. I suggest others that feel the same way do the same.

The size difference looks obvious. How weird, they should do a bit more work on quality control.

If I was Threezero I'd have the factory send me production samples to make sure they are producing the correct scale. Are they just sending orders out to the factory and not checking their work? How do we get a 1/6 Mulder and a 1/7 Scully and no one notices?

If I was Threezero I'd have the factory send me production samples to make sure they are producing the correct scale. Are they just sending orders out to the factory and not checking their work? How do we get a 1/6 Mulder and a 1/7 Scully and no one notices?

It's not the first time, they did the exact same thing on Motoko, perhaps they thought the low sales were the result of an unpopular movie.

I saw this posted in reply to how short Scully is on one of the facebook groups. Not defending the figure but someone made the point that the character Scully was much taller than Gillian was and Threezero may have gone with the actress actual height. On screen she's clearly portrayed as a good four to six inches taller. Yeah, I know, it's not particular relative here as smaller female figures happens to be a threezero trait. Thought I'd share it anyway. Maybe it'll help ease a few who are shocked by the figure.

View attachment 459869

They only used the box for Gillian in up close scenes to fit both Mulder and Scully in the single frame. Any other scene it wasn't used and you can see the size difference between them.

The fact is though that Scully's head is not as small as threezero have produced on the figure. The height is correct, the body is far to slim, shoulders not wide enough.

Even looking at my Arya and Daenerys Got figures. They are the same height yet Dany wears a heeled boot and therefore should be taller than the Arya figure. Threezero cannot get the body's correctly scaled for adult women between 5' and 5'4".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I couldn't believe this when I first saw the pics of the figure, the head next to Mulder's. Beyond disgusted, because they're not at all displayable together.

Mulder came out even better than the prototype to me and I was looking forward to having these on my shelf together as a set as die hard X-Files fan growing up. It's one of the first shows/movies I ever got really into. But Scully is a complete redo and I'm not feeling having to put a lot of money into getting a replacement for this when I have other figures in the pipeline. I shouldn't have to make room for a replacement for this figure at so much of an additional cost, since there's nothing in the figure to really use.... Would the clothes even fit a replacement body? I doubt it because she seems so small.

I cancelled my pre-order.

I did a quick photoshop of how i think it should look. Scully was increased in overall size by 10%, but also reduced her height by shortening her legs. Even if you replace her body and clothes completely, her head is far too small. As most collectors will want both characters together, the Mulder figure effectively becomes useless too.

xfiles2.jpg

View attachment 459869

I've been saying the same thing since May...

To be honest, while this figure's height may not accurately reflect the height difference between Duchovny and Anderson, it is arguably screen-accurate, since they often had Gillian Anderson standing on a box for their scenes together to minimize their height difference during filming.

scully_box_5.jpg

CHFqiCOXAAAy_ps.jpg

I'm just hoping Scully isn't weak in the ankles like Mulder...

The smaller head though... beats me

I did a quick photoshop of how i think it should look. Scully was increased in overall size by 10%, but also reduced her height by shortening her legs. Even if you replace her body and clothes completely, her head is far too small. As most collectors will want both characters together, the Mulder figure effectively becomes useless too.

View attachment 459999

That is what it should look like!

Already sold Mulder, extremely disappointed this is how they chose to handle the license. Collectors shouldn't have to accept issues because there is no other option. Scully looks terrible, plain and simple,it doesnt gain points because there isn't something to compare it to. Companies shouldn't be rewarded when putting out a terrible product, that's absurd.

Back