Threezero The X-Files Agent Dana Scully

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sorry for all of you that are not confortable with them together. As I said, ok, scully is a litle bit smaller than it should be but what options do we have? Buy a custom scully? Not me thank you, display them in a pose that looks ok? That’s me! Paint app on scully bad? May be I have my expectations very low but I am more than happy about how does she look. And I respect every body but lucky me that can enjoy those figures...

I never would display them side by side, even if scully was bigger...the way both figures are displayed in my vitrine looks perfect! I showed to my friends and they enjoyed a lot...none of them tell me:- eyy! Scully looks like a doll or, damm she is too small...

Hope anybody else than me, find them ok and if not, I will continue taking photos os them together to enjoy myself!lol

I’m sorry for all of you that are not confortable with them together. As I said, ok, scully is a litle bit smaller than it should be but what options do we have? Buy a custom scully? Not me thank you, display them in a pose that looks ok? That’s me! Paint app on scully bad? May be I have my expectations very low but I am more than happy about how does she look. And I respect every body but lucky me that can enjoy those figures...

I never would display them side by side, even if scully was bigger...the way both figures are displayed in my vitrine looks perfect! I showed to my friends and they enjoyed a lot...none of them tell me:- eyy! Scully looks like a doll or, damm she is too small...

Hope anybody else than me, find them ok and if not, I will continue taking photos os them together to enjoy myself!lol

Well said Manu81. They look really good in your pictures to me and as long as you are happy with them that is all that really matters.

attachment.php

Looking at this photo, I feel like the body is the root of the problem. I don't know how many female bodies these guys have at their disposal, but it seems like made the head to scale with the body to more or less have a figure that's in scale to itself, which would be fine for a one off piece, however, as you mentioned, it's a paired figure, so now, the scale issues stand out more. I forget who but someone said it looks like take your daughter to work proportions between Mulder and Scully and I would agree. That said, even though her head is a bit smaller, I'd be curious if putting it on a bigger female body and balancing the overall scale between both figures might make the head scale something more easily looked past.

attachment.php

Looking at this photo, I feel like the body is the root of the problem. I don't know how many female bodies these guys have at their disposal, but it seems like made the head to scale with the body to more or less have a figure that's in scale to itself, which would be fine for a one off piece, however, as you mentioned, it's a paired figure, so now, the scale issues stand out more. I forget who but someone said it looks like take your daughter to work proportions between Mulder and Scully and I would agree. That said, even though her head is a bit smaller, I'd be curious if putting it on a bigger female body and balancing the overall scale between both figures might make the head scale something more easily looked past.

You are absolutely right!

As a lone figure, I’m not as disappointed as Ray. Alone she looks quite okay, and the paint apps aren’t horrible (but sadly, in a very different technique from Mulder’s). No, the problem is they are on two different scales. It like, if you’re old enough to remember, putting a Big Jim next to a GI Joe. Good figures both but not meant to share the same shelf.

Why how anyone can seem to be fine with this 1/7.5 scaled? Because of this:

C91927D4-9816-4E1C-AAB3-1DB71B389D4D.jpg

Why how anyone can seem to be fine with this 1/7.5 scaled? Because of this:

View attachment 459796

Because of that? Why? You mean you are ok with it. And well whatever that’s your prerogative but all I see in that photo are the same two figures that look as if they are from different lines altogether. It’s like when you are a kid and use your imagination to pretend your Kenner Star Wars scale figures and your toy biz x men are the same scale and exist in the same galaxy.

Sadly I’m not going to let my “lack of imagination” call a spade a spade here. It’s a total and utter failure of a figure.

You are absolutely right!

As a lone figure, I’m not as disappointed as Ray. Alone she looks quite okay, and the paint apps aren’t horrible (but sadly, in a very different technique from Mulder’s). No, the problem is they are on two different scales. It like, if you’re old enough to remember, putting a Big Jim next to a GI Joe. Good figures both but not meant to share the same shelf.

That's how I'm okay with Threezero's Motoko, she stands on a shelf separate from other 1/6 and she's acceptable.
Scully on the other hand has to have Mulder next to her, major issue.

I'm sticking with my stock Sideshow X-Files for now.

Because of that? Why? You mean you are ok with it. And well whatever that’s your prerogative but all I see in that photo are the same two figures that look as if they are from different lines altogether. It’s like when you are a kid and use your imagination to pretend your Kenner Star Wars scale figures and your toy biz x men are the same scale and exist in the same galaxy.

Sadly I’m not going to let my “lack of imagination” call a spade a spade here. It’s a total and utter failure of a figure.

Clearly we see things different. I see both figures from the same line.I don’t need to use my imagination for that, just display them one in front and the other one two steps back (just like they appear on the tv show). And they look good. Of course 3zero could do it better concerning scales but for me they are the best representation of these characters and I doubt we will have a better option out there... But as someone said, as long as I’m happy with them...

I’m not here to convince anybody and I’m sorry that most of you don’t like them displayed together... but I’m sorry for you because for me I have no words to explain how happy I am with finally a decent mulder and scully together. I just posted these pictures and gave my opinion after seeing pictures comparing heads and reading how dissapointed people are...photos could be terrible as comment could be too, I just wanted to say that I don’t find this figure as terrible as it seems, in fact even being a litle bit smaller, I like it so much (displayed like on my photos I can’t appreciate it)!

By the way..any alien figurine to buy and to put next to them?? i can’t find a good one. I just need a grey alien with big black eyes..lol

To be honest most people just want something cheap and quick. They'll never realize $150 for a finished head is a good deal. They don't account for the artist having to spend time perfecting the sculpt, building the mold, pouring the casts, cleaning the casts and painting the head.

In the past I've broke it down for customers who try to low ball me. For example lets say it only takes a forty hour work week to accomplish some of what I mentioned above. So, for forty hours of work at a hundred and fifty dollars earns me less than four dollars an hour. Most people won't even roll out of bed for $3.75 an hour. So you're getting a pretty good deal despite what you think.

This. People tend to want something for nothing. It takes time and effort to make things.

I think you're confusing scale with height. When I zoom in on that pic of the actors, her head still appears to be roughly the same size as his. It's not the massive size difference you see in the figures.

I’m very happy with them. Scully is smaller, but it’s ok for me. For the ones who want to keep that figure I think it is better to diplsy mulder on the front, like this (different scales seems much better like this though):

68097581-BFF3-4846-8779-1C872C5A4641.jpeg

By the way..any alien figurine to buy and to put next to them?? i can’t find a good one. I just need a grey alien with big black eyes..lol

Man, I've been pestering Sideshow for years to make a Grey, whether it's associated with the X-Files or not, they never listened.

Man, I've been pestering Sideshow for years to make a Grey, whether it's associated with the X-Files or not, they never listened.

I’m watching some alien roswell figures that are interesting too:) if I find something interesting I eill pist it here:) thanks!!

I’m very happy with them. Scully is smaller, but it’s ok for me. For the ones who want to keep that figure I think it is better to diplsy mulder on the front, like this (different scales seems much better like this though):

View attachment 459814

I think your previous picture with Scully in the front was a much better representation as this image just accentuates how under scale Scully is.

If I may add my 2 cents, i have a feeling most of us here are gonna fall somewhere between Ray and Manu’s camps.

When Hasbro first started producing new 12” Star Wars figures over 20 years ago, I was over the moon. IMHO they looked much better than what was being produced in the 4-inch range at the time and and had tailored outfits and decent likenesses, naturally with some looking better than others. But I was willing to overlook their shortcomings because they were the only game in town at the time. Now they look like garbage and I can’t even give them away.:thud:

Having read Ray’s contributions to this board over the years, I know he has a passion for 1/6-scale figures that few others have and a discriminating attention to detail to match. He’s been outraged at stuff that most others seem fine with. But as this hobby has gone from producing figures in the $20-range to ten-times that amount, our expectations as collectors should be as proportionate (factoring in the cost of inflation and labor, of course).

As much I’d like to be as forgiving as Manu, I’ll probably be just as disappointed as Ray. Judging by the photos, this figure is overall about an inch too small. If ThreeZero was producing this for an average-sized woman, it would stand at about 11 inches, which would have been forgivable. But, if they were scaling it at Gillian Anderson’s actual height, it should be at 10 1/2 inches at the most and it looks like they went overboard in that direction. That’s an error in judgment that should have been caught well before this figure went into final production.

As a fellow X-Files fan, it seems most of us are stuck between a rock and a hard place. We could just swallow the expense and our expectations and accept this figure as-is, or we could at the very least let ThreeZero know. They may not respond with a corrected headsculpt, but leaving retailers with unsold inventory will only hurt them financially and us fans with a void in our collections.

If I may add my 2 cents, i have a feeling most of us here are gonna fall somewhere between Ray and Manu’s camps.

When Hasbro first started producing new 12” Star Wars figures over 20 years ago, I was over the moon. IMHO they looked much better than what was being produced in the 4-inch range at the time and and had tailored outfits and decent likenesses, naturally with some looking better than others. But I was willing to overlook their shortcomings because they were the only game in town at the time. Now they look like garbage and I can’t even give them away.:thud:

Having read Ray’s contributions to this board over the years, I know he has a passion for 1/6-scale figures that few others have and a discriminating attention to detail to match. He’s been outraged at stuff that most others seem fine with. But as this hobby has gone from producing figures in the $20-range to ten-times that amount, our expectations as collectors should be as proportionate (factoring in the cost of inflation and labor, of course).

As much I’d like to be as forgiving as Manu, I’ll probably be just as disappointed as Ray. Judging by the photos, this figure is overall about an inch too small. If ThreeZero was producing this for an average-sized woman, it would stand at about 11 inches, which would have been forgivable. But, if they were scaling it at Gillian Anderson’s actual height, it should be at 10 1/2 inches at the most and it looks like they went overboard in that direction. That’s an error in judgment that should have been caught well before this figure went into final production.

As a fellow X-Files fan, it seems most of us are stuck between a rock and a hard place. We could just swallow the expense and our expectations and accept this figure as-is, or we could at the very least let ThreeZero know. They may not respond with a corrected headsculpt, but leaving retailers with unsold inventory will only hurt them financially and us fans with a void in our collections.

Thanks for your opinion man. I understand what you say, also I can understand what ray and other collectors said.

I am not talking from a point of view of a 1/6 figures collector. I prefer bigger scales 1:1, 1:3 scale... although I bought some 1/6 figures in the past. I’m talking from the point of view of an x-files fan who has never think that will have two figures from two of his most iconic actors inside his vitrine...I have also ripley from hot toys and I had an Alien once...

As an x-files fan I can say that I find awesome having both figures in my collection. Likeness is there...I automatically recognize mulder and scully. I find them really very well done! Of course I can see that Scully should be a litle bit bigger but I repeat, when I display both figures like on the last photo I posted, I can’t see the difference between scales...Of course Ray and the other are right, 3zero should have made her bigger...BUT, we won’t get a better Scully figure and instead of speaking about the problem I prefer to show the solution...try to display them like In my last photos and tell me if you are not convinced about the effect seeing both figures together.

We are collectors because we like what figures represent, at least me, and I can’t say nothing, and I think nobody, about the last photo I posted here. They look incredible! Even better in person. What alternatives do we have? Will 3zero give us a bigger head?, will hot toys bring us a new mulder and scully? Do you think a custom head will be better likeness than this one? Will you leave mulder alone? Will you pass on having mulder and scully? And consider all of this knowing that you can easy fix the differents scales displaying like I tell you... also hot toys figures, you should find the better side to display them...but you know what? once they are in the perfect position, we leave them.and we enjoy..oh yes!:)

Back