Threezero The X-Files Agent Dana Scully

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally 16k I’d be in the same boat too.

And agreed Dabbs’ sculpt that I commissioned him for several years ago hasn’t been topped it’s just too out of scale with tz mulder. That’s why I’m hoping he can top his old sculpt with this new one ;) which undoubtedly he will be able to do!

That.... but bear in mind I’m an awful photographer

27ED0496-F84D-497F-A0FC-B2B4D02E0EC1.jpeg

Threezero's looks way better than that.

It looks cartoon like, and nothing like Gillian Anderson.

Never liked that custom sculpt personally. I'd take threezero's any day over that, but to each their own.

Personally I didn’t think that the likeness was horrible on the threezero it was the overall finishing quality paint and specifically size that ruined it.

The old Dabbs sculpt is dated now but I think he got the likeness down better than the new threezero but it wasn’t as advanced in texturing and refinement as his current sculpts are which are among the best in the hobby and he’s specifically amazing with female sculpts.

It’s why I’m not in a rush to replace mulder. It can be improved on but it’s ok. At least it’s in 1/6 scale

But mulder and Scully from Threezero cannot be posed together, it’s simply not possible to use the threezero one.

Personally I didn’t think that the likeness was horrible on the threezero it was the overall finishing quality paint and specifically size that ruined it.

The old Dabbs sculpt is dated now but I think he got the likeness down better than the new threezero but it wasn’t as advanced in texturing and refinement as his current sculpts are which are among the best in the hobby and he’s specifically amazing with female sculpts.

It’s why I’m not in a rush to replace mulder. It can be improved on but it’s ok. At least it’s in 1/6 scale

But mulder and Scully from Threezero cannot be posed together, it’s simply not possible to use the threezero one.

8D6FC8A6-C7FA-4F07-AE23-B17B97F789EE.jpeg

While there is no doubt that Scully is out of scale I’d rather have this display with my underscaled Scully than a properly scaled Scully with that custom sculpt. All depends on what people are prepared to accept I suppose.

I completely agree with Ray.

Sdabbs sculpt had a very good likeness but feels dated. FYI, I also like the likeness of the threezero’s and as a stand alone figure, I’d be quite happy, but in the current state, it’s absolutely impossible to display both together. They look like they belong to two different lines/scales.

Back