Threezero The X-Files Agent Dana Scully

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already sold Mulder, extremely disappointed this is how they chose to handle the license. Collectors shouldn't have to accept issues because there is no other option. Scully looks terrible, plain and simple,it doesnt gain points because there isn't something to compare it to. Companies shouldn't be rewarded when putting out a terrible product, that's absurd.

THIS is the way to think.

I still can't believe how tiny Scully is...looking at them together proves she's a disaster.

attachment.php

Ugh.
Yes, I’m generally more forgiving than most when it comes to these figures, but that photo clinches it: there’s no way Scully is salvageable. Definitely two different scales here, they’ll never look right together.
I’m soooooo glad I bought an Exclusive Mulder from an eBay seller last year for $229 (to avoid getting a T-shirt-smashed box from threezero) and sat on it for over a year just to be rewarded with this travesty. Last time I trust threezero in advance. If I hadn’t ordered Scully through Sideshow on FlexPay, I’d cancel now and sell Mulder. Guess I’ll hope I can sell the pair of exclusives unopened and recoup most of my $$.

Canceled. I can't imagine keeping my order and being stuck with such a sub par figure. If they can't be properly displayed together then there's no point. I already have a kitbash I did a few years back and it only needs a head. Seans will work just fine.

Cancel your orders now. Pick up the figure for parts (if any are salvageable) for 75+% off within half a year. You can get Major from Ghost in the Shell for pennies on the dollar and she was subjected to the same outcome. I suspect this won't be too different.

I just just cancelled my preorder. That photo above seals the deal for me. The very first preorder I have ever cancelled and I feel good about it.

I held out hope for Furiosa and ended up buying a Phicen body and a custom headsculpt to just get a decent representation of the character for my collection. Both of those items combined cost more than the figure from the manufacturer. Mulder will just have to be lonely for a while...

I don’t think this is nearly the disaster that people are making it out to be on here. This is the first pic of her I took out of the box yesterday and the 2nd is one I just took. If I was in a position to make Threezero increase the size of the head 10% I would, the super-long legs were the first sign of the issue because that was there way to cheat her into the “right size,” but I actually think they look pretty good as a pair. Standing Scully just a smidge ahead of Mulder does her a lot of favors, and she doesn’t even have to be inches ahead, she’s actually touching Mulder behind her in my display.
8de051de36fd02ccfb1769a77dcefdb7.jpg
d8d0d08d27fe6b81cd236cd30d0e5a5c.jpg

That first pic is a cheat; the angle makes it a forced perspective shot.
If you can’t see they’re clearly two different scales from that second pic, though, I don’t know what to say.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d be ok with the sculpt, the costuming, or even with Scully being too tall, if they were scaled the same. They’re not. And as I’ve mentioned, I’m usually waaaay more forgiving than most. Scilly’s head is too small, and her body is too narrow.

Last edited:
I just think that it’s really sad there are apologists for the pitiful effort threezero put forth here who are trying to convince themselves and others that it’s acceptable to have a figure standing a few inches in front of another to argue they look ok together.

Seriously, like what? Why even buy any figures then? You might as well just print out pictures of the figures from the internet and put them in a Detolf. It would save a lot of money and you can make them any scale you want.

Some people will buy anything though and it’s sad because it makes threeezero think they can just not even try and still move product.

You say apologist. I say a bunch of people are freaking out and acting like the sky is falling.

My Scully isn’t a few inches in front of Mulder or even one inch. Her arm is literally touching Mulder and they happen to be in a post that they were frequently blocked in on the show and that I’ve posted every Mulder and Scully figure I’ve owned since the McFarlane figures in 1998.

I’ll readily admit that if you want to pose Scully behind Mulder you’re in big trouble. You’d also be in big trouble if she was perfectly scaled and proportioned because she’s smaller than him which is why they’re frequently posed like that in the first place.

I’ll readily admit that if you want to pose Scully behind Mulder you’re in big trouble. You’d also be in big trouble if she was perfectly scaled and proportioned because she’s smaller than him which is why they’re frequently posed like that in the first place.

But. Her. Head. Is. Too. Small.
Period.
And for the record, I’m not freaking out. Just pissed that I paid $230 for an Ex Mulder, and $180 thru Sideshow for an Ex Sciully that threezero had over a year to make sure was properly scaled. And if I choose to display them together, there’s no way I won’t notice the difference in scaling. I’m not willing to look at them thru one eye at an angle so they look proportional. Not for a $400+ investment.

That’s the thing though: a third of the time I spend staring at them comparing heads because of this stupid thread and the other two thirds I think “they actually look pretty good together.”

I don’t have them posed oddly, or far from one another, I don’t have to look at them from a weird angle to not hate and freak the **** out over them.

Being the minority doesn’t automatically mean you’re wrong, especially when it comes to hyperbolic internet freak-outs.

One can’t argue subjective opinion on liking something is wrong.

It’s impossible to argue the fact though that this head is one hundred percent underscaled. And not by a little but as seen in my post, smaller than a 14 year old girl from the same company. That is not subjectivity that is pure fact.

And it’s not acceptable. Even if a few minority decides they are ok with it it looks wrong because it is wrong.

If it was 100% underscaled it wouldn’t exist. That’s that hyperbole I was talking about. It’s like 10% underscaled.

Back