Threezero The X-Files Agent Dana Scully

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Semantics aside, I mean to say it’s a 100 percent fact that it’s underscaled, but It’s obvious you already knew that and aren’t fooling anyone, so I don’t even know why I’m wasting time clarifying.

And it’s not 10% it’s more like somewhere between 10 and 20 percent too small. That is not a forgivable margin.

Ive seen seen some scale issues in my time most of the time being too large. But never something this drastic, especially from a licensed company.

Even 20% is hyperbolic. The photoshopped pic above with the 10% enlargement was pretty much dead-on. I wish it was 10% bigger. It should be 10% bigger. It’s not a deal-breaker that isn’t isn’t 10% bigger. It’s not Furiosa being a head shorter than Mad Max when she should be taller.

I'm with Guru. This figure is undersized, no question about it, but I don't think it's as bad as everyone's making it out to be. Honestly, if the sizing of this is enough to send you into a blind rage, then man, you must live a very fortunate life.

I'm keeping my order, but I'm just going to be strategic in how I pose them. Problem solved. It's not like we're talking sixth scale to 1/12 scale or something... just be creative.

Do I wish that these were more accurately scaled? Obviously, yes. But the issue is relatively minor, and once posed correctly, it's not like I'm going to be sitting and staring at these two for hours.

Yes the post above says not all. The height is completely fine it’s the head and size of the body that is the issue.

Here is threezero’s response to my email:

Dear Ray:

Thank you for your valuable advice on Agent Scully and we have passed your message to our Development Team. We will further feedback to you on the issue. Thank you!

Best Regards
threezero CS TeaM

Aka

“Thanks you will never hear from us again.”

They need more emails and more social media posts. I want them to redo this head. I will even pay for it.

I tried this with the Daenerys figure. They just straight up told me there will be no "re-do" and that the one shipped is the final product. At least they did't ******** me. lol

It's a miniature person next to a normal human, if you guys can live with it, good for you. It looks like crap to me, attempts to hide it by putting her in front don't really help IMO. But it's a **** product at the end of the day, and I would never choose to support **** over quality. You're just asking to get this again and again and again.

For some reason, female figures in lines with male counterparts have seemed to be an issue historically, I haven't bought an HT female in a long time or seen many side by sides, but back in the early 2000s when they were doing their Pirates line, Elizabeth wasn't really properly scaled, not as bad as this mismatch, but I wonder if there's this weird perception of how big female figures should be with these companies. Scully looks like a 5'10 anorexic swimsuit model with the proportions of the body they gave her and subsequently the head is in proportion to that frame. To properly look as short as Gillian, the body should look fuller and stumpier, with a head nearly the size of Mulder's.

07262652-88D7-4308-8B87-CC8ADCE19A68.jpg

Quick iPhone pic I took before work this morning. Although I’m not happy she’s underscaled I don’t think it’s as bad as I feared when I first saw the pics. I think Scully wearing the trench coat helps. I can live with it basically.

They’re actually touching. The impact is definitely lessened by posing Mulder behind but like others have said you shouldn’t HAVE to. It would be nice to be able to pose them side by side or at least have the option to. I’ll post more pics when I get a chance to have a proper play around with her.

Trench coat hides the skinny legs and bulks out her overall body making the only lingering issue the head size which may not seem so bad if the body is hidden, but the coat is an exclusive and to me not a good look, she's basically in her Fight The Future outfit under it and that didn't include a trench coat.

What is so sad is I honestly think Mulder
turned out exceptional. For $200-$250
Mulder is a home run . The suit and the trench
coat are one of the best I have seen from
a Licensed product.

Compare to Big Chief Bond which was a mess
Mulder is a 9/10.

As for Scully, I notice in addition to the scale
issue, the paint application is also not as good
as Mulder. What a pity ..

You’re dead right. I love my Mulder figure and with the mis scaling of Scully everything else is passing without comment. The paint apps are nowhere near as good as Mulders unfortunately. I am pretty happy with the sculpt itself though and the addition of a skirt is a nice touch. I’m not sure that was previously advertised but maybe I missed it in the preview pics.

I also got on board the BCS Bond line right at the start which proved to be a disaster. I’ve sold Bond and Oddjob at pretty much a 50% discount.

You’re dead right. I love my Mulder figure and with the mis scaling of Scully everything else is passing without comment. The paint apps are nowhere near as good as Mulders unfortunately. I am pretty happy with the sculpt itself though and the addition of a skirt is a nice touch. I’m not sure that was previously advertised but maybe I missed it in the preview pics.

I also got on board the BCS Bond line right at the start which proved to be a disaster. I’ve sold Bond and Oddjob at pretty much a 50% discount.

I am waiting for my EX Mulder as I finally found one and it was a
premium. Sadly Scully is a No and I am going to
probably do a private commission for Scully.

The paint app on Scully aside from the scale is
not even close to Mulder. Not sure if Scully will
eventually be going for 50 cents to a dollar
if all the fans dropped out

So sad

No, because the head is so small you need a magnifying glass to actually see it! :)

What a humorous comedic premise!
hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha

You can get creative in displaying these two figures and the discrepancies may be lessened. However, I also get that for what is being asked price-wise for these figures one should not have to deal with fixing a major flaw. As consumers we speak with our wallets. If we continue to support things like this we will continue to get half-assed work.
I bought the Furiosa figure at well under $100. It was purchased knowing it was a project figure. I can not see myself purchasing this figure at over $200 and making it a project figure.

Back