Threezero - Game of Thrones - 1/6 Eddard (Ned) Stark Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the biggest differences are the thickness of the handle (the letter opener has a pretty fat handle) and the shinier finish. It's shorter, but only about a half inch. It may not be the ideal substitute for most folks, but it'll do for me.

That's right - it slipped my mind about the weathering and the thicker handle.

If I recall correctly, someone posted earlier that the non EX hands would be able to grasp the letter opener but it would have to be forced in somewhat.

Also, due to the weight of the letter opener, I don't believe we'll be able to pose the figure with quite as many dynamic poses.

Some hot water would help make the hands softer to they open easier around the larger hilt.

Also, due to the weight of the letter opener, I don't believe we'll be able to pose the figure with quite as many dynamic poses.

I think given the weight of an actual sword of that size, it would be pretty difficult to get a dynamic pose even in real life. ;)

That's right - it slipped my mind about the weathering and the thicker handle.

If I recall correctly, someone posted earlier that the non EX hands would be able to grasp the letter opener but it would have to forced in somewhat.

That's my understanding, too. Apparently the relaxed hands work well enough. The hair dryer trick should help. I'm also thinking I might try sanding the handle down a bit. Might.

All my bags are packed and ready to go~~~

b0b368d56c7c38572211be51247af47f.jpg

That's my understanding, too. Apparently the relaxed hands work well enough. The hair dryer trick should help. I'm also thinking I might try sanding the handle down a bit. Might.

I think the handle is actually a wood textured sticker but I could be wrong, I thought about shaving it down the moment I got it but not sure it will work. I also thought about sharpening the blade or at least grinding down the edges as it has that super blunt letter opener look to it. It is freaking gigantic though and does not look to be 1/6th scale, if I had not seen the comparison pictures I would think it is not.

Is Valerian steel lighter and stronger? I got that impression but maybe I am confusing Tolkien metals crafted by the Eldar races.

I think the handle is actually a wood textured sticker but I could be wrong, I thought about shaving it down the moment I got it but not sure it will work. I also thought about sharpening the blade or at least grinding down the edges as it has that super blunt letter opener look to it. It is freaking gigantic though and does not look to be 1/6th scale, if I had not seen the comparison pictures I would think it is not.

Is Valerian steel lighter and stronger? I got that impression but maybe I am confusing Tolkien metals crafted by the Eldar races.

Yeah, Valyrian steel is supposed to be super light and super strong. (Also, in the books, I think it's supposed to be almost black, but they didn't go that way on the show.)

I'll check my letter opener tonight. It might well be a textured sticker, but I'll check. But if it is wood, I might give it a go. I think we've got some old oak-colored stain from an old furniture project that might be the right color ...

I just received the Eddard Stark figure from 7Toys7. in a record time of 2 days.
But upon opening the package I see the tray with extra inserts that could hold the Ice sword and the 2 extra hands. is this normal for all non-exclusive releases?
It felt like they were taking the piss with me haha

There are going to be a lot of people who know no better who will be very confused. Imagine those who aren't collectors who just bought because it was cool and they like Ned Stark?

sanding down or slimming the handle of letter opener wont work cuz it runs into the guard of sword which is fat like the handle. so will look odd yeah?

Pretty nice. I tried darkening the beard as well as lightening the hair colour a bit, since hair is really kind of ginger

06a8c53b0bb155b925f25bf45b0eb280.jpg

It turned out pretty decent, I'll see if i take some pictures tomorow.

Had another look at the Ice letter opener last night, I'm pretty sure the handle is solid metal. So I won't be sanding anything. Bummer.

Ah well. It was worth investigating.

View attachment 191835

Had some free time today. Hope you guys like it.

Would the proper sword pose be:

a) right hand over left?
b) left hand over right?

I've seen some screengrabs from the TV show with left over right (with gloves) and left over right (without gloves). Just curious since I won't be getting my Ned figure until later this week.

BTW, awesome pic and pose!

Back