Threezero - Game of Thrones - 1/6 Eddard (Ned) Stark Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well...
think its time for me to realize that gettin a ex ver for a reasonable price is not gonna happen, they have been goin for like over double the retail. doubt that will stop anytime soon. a mark up is fine, happy to pay that but over double the initial price? yeah...
gutted.
:gah:

son of a. thk jeeebus for that letter opener!

I may have lost nearly all interest in HT but I just don't see Ned or Tyrions sculpts up to those standards. Not likeness, sculpting, nor paint. I have no real complaints about threezeros outfits which have been great.

well...
think its time for me to realize that gettin a ex ver for a reasonable price is not gonna happen, they have been goin for like over double the retail. doubt that will stop anytime soon. a mark up is fine, happy to pay that but over double the initial price? yeah...
gutted.
:gah:

son of a. thk jeeebus for that letter opener!

ditto.

I was willing to pay maybe a $100 markup (at most) for the EX version but my heart sank when I saw one sell for more than double the MSRP over the weekend.

I'm also going the letter opener route - just picked it up from Amazon today and bought the non-EX Ned from BBTS.

Thank you to those that posted pictures of the letter opener with Ned Stark. It appears to be an inch shorter (and less weathering) than threezero Ice but it's a concession I have come to grips with.

I'm considering picking up the 1/6 Iron Throne to pose with Ned/Ice - I know that the Dark Horse one has long been sold out. Is the Hero Club Iron Throne just a knockoff/recast of the Dark Horse?

3Zero is great but of the GoT line, they still haven't bested HTs in the sculpting department. Tyrion was great, Ned is good. But neither could be considered on level with many of HTs figures. I'd say if there is a comparison, it's mostly to figures like John Blake, Black Widow, Bruce Banner...some of the SWs stuff. Many of their best reps can't compare ie, Reeve Sups, West Bats, Robo/Murphy, Cap/Evans, MoS Supes, Pratt/Starlord...they haven't touched this stratosphere in the GoT line yet. IMHO.

3Zero is great but of the GoT line, they still haven't bested HTs in the sculpting department. Tyrion was great, Ned is good. But neither could be considered on level with many of HTs figures. I'd say if there is a comparison, it's mostly to figures like John Blake, Black Widow, Bruce Banner...some of the SWs stuff. Many of their best reps can't compare ie, Reeve Sups, West Bats, Robo/Murphy, Cap/Evans, MoS Supes, Pratt/Starlord...they haven't touched this stratosphere in the GoT line yet. IMHO.

Agreed.

But ThreeZero's GOT line is typically about $50-$70 cheaper than a comparable Hot Toys figure. So while the sculpting is not as good, they provide a tremendous value/bang for the buck.

I'm just grateful someone is making a 1/6 GOT line. But I also like the work from Hot Toys, Enterbay, etc. on other properties.

ditto.

I was willing to pay maybe a $100 markup (at most) for the EX version but my heart sank when I saw one sell for more than double the MSRP over the weekend.

I'm also going the letter opener route - just picked it up from Amazon today and bought the non-EX Ned from BBTS.

Thank you to those that posted pictures of the letter opener with Ned Stark. It appears to be an inch shorter (and less weathering) than threezero Ice but it's a concession I have come to grips with.

I'm considering picking up the 1/6 Iron Throne to pose with Ned/Ice - I know that the Dark Horse one has long been sold out. Is the Hero Club Iron Throne just a knockoff/recast of the Dark Horse?

seein that price rise up and up and in last min broke my heart :thud: crazyness. part of me still wants to hold out for ex ver but i know thats not justified anymore. i doubt even in Hk it can be found at this point. feel like the word is out that is prime for flippin now.

hope bigbad gets it soon. so far have only seen one retailer in US that claims to have it instock.
bigbad did the usual of having a May arrival date then change to June at end of may, would not be surprised if at end of June its changed to July.

if i do get retail and letter opener think i will try to weather it abit with a black wash maybe? dull blade and guard abit, brown wash handle.

The figure as a "WHOLE" is all I ever mentioned. But talking about the sculpt, the "likeness" is much better than the average HT, even if the paint on this one isn't - and if you don't see that, then I'm not the one who needs my head checked. Hot Toys record isn't even close to 50/50 and this year they've put out some alarmingly bad Star Wars likenesses, even if some people cream themselves at the site of them. Even the new Luke I think is pure crap in the likeness department. Don't get me started on Hank and Banjo.

Totally agree I think Tyrion and Ned look more like their human actors. Also Hot toys expression is usually blank when threezero sure went for a more complex expression with the Tyrion HS. HT is still good but they are inconsistent some times, Han Solo looks weird and their new Scarlet Witch not only looks bad but also terrifying...

Any yet many people think that Scarlet Witch has one of the best sculpts they have done, so really, it all just comes down to personal opinion.

Tyrion and Ned are good for the price that we are paying. If you looks at ACI with that Aragorn figure that was $300, think we're getting far more value for money with ThreeZero.

Hot Toys can be pricey, but that Groot was only $200 and he looks brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's also level of craft in the sculpts that seriously lacking in the GOT figures... It's why I think a talented art director might be able to get more refinement out of the sculptors... I'm happy to dish out higher prices for a higher quality product too.

I think the problem with the scarlet witch is highly due to the Olsons genes that plagues the sculpt haha.

seein that price rise up and up and in last min broke my heart :thud: crazyness. part of me still wants to hold out for ex ver but i know thats not justified anymore. i doubt even in Hk it can be found at this point. feel like the word is out that is prime for flippin now.

hope bigbad gets it soon. so far have only seen one retailer in US that claims to have it instock.
bigbad did the usual of having a May arrival date then change to June at end of may, would not be surprised if at end of June its changed to July.

if i do get retail and letter opener think i will try to weather it abit with a black wash maybe? dull blade and guard abit, brown wash handle.

we must have been looking at the same auction - I believe the final bid on the Ned EX was around $400. Insane!

the letter opener's blade is a bit too shiny - like you said, it'll need some weathering. but after seeing certain screen-grabs from the TV show and depending on the lighting, the handle of the letter opener looks relatively accurate without weathering. i'm going to pose Ned holding the sword downwards (with both hands) so most of the handle won't be visible anyway.

I wouldn't use BBTS release dates as an accurate timetable of when they'll fulfill your order, sometimes they lag by several weeks (or months). I'm still waiting on an Enterbay NBA figure that I preordered from BBTS in 2014. The fig has been out for more than 6-months on Enterbay's direct site.

But I must give BBTS props for their reasonable shipping costs, Pile of Loot option, and lack of NRD for most preorders. So I usually end up ordering with them when I weigh out all the other pros/cons.

What retailer has Ned stock (in the US)?

Seems like most retailers are listing it around mid-June. I saw Amazon stated a June 17 release date (w/ Prime shipping) but they are charging slightly more ($160).

Agreed.

But ThreeZero's GOT line is typically about $50-$70 cheaper than a comparable Hot Toys figure. So while the sculpting is not as good, they provide a tremendous value/bang for the buck.

I'm just grateful someone is making a 1/6 GOT line. But I also like the work from Hot Toys, Enterbay, etc. on other properties.

Oh don't get me wrong...I'm all in. For what they deliver, I think they could be considered better than SSCs...maybe somewhere between SSCs & HTs. They are just not on that level yet. But if it keeps prices at the current amount, I'm happy if they stay there. Particularly if we have to keep paying up front for the exclusives!

Yeah, it obviously went that high because it was the only one listed. It ended up being AUD $500 + another $50 for shipping. No way is it worth that to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i have seen one end via buy it now for $375 and the other day the bidding auction ended at $380 so $390 shipped. f that mess. ughhh

those are the only two i have seen on after. cant understand why sellers didnt get more EX vers to sell, wasnt a buying limit dont think. maybe cuz ned isnt as popular?

What retailer has Ned stock (in the US)?

Seems like most retailers are listing it around mid-June. I saw Amazon stated a June 17 release date (w/ Prime shipping) but they are charging slightly more ($160).

yup same auction.

i emailed the US retailer claiming its instock yesterday to ask, have not gotten a response yet but will report back with link. could be B.S. but there were select retailers that got tyrion way before others so its a possibility.

I'd be tempted to sell mine for $400. But Ice is so necessary.... still, I would never pay that much for it. Part of why I like this figure is because it only cost me 160.

If Threezero suspects you're buying to scalp, they'll cancel your order. Same with all 3A orders.

the longer you collect threeA the more you will realize sellers will get around this rule very easily when they want to etc

9244379a124f56a5a886aad5652e40c9.jpg

Yes, I do realize my phone pictures are rubbish, but I enjoy taking pictures of this too much :lol

Back