Threezero - Game of Thrones - 1/6 Eddard (Ned) Stark Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Code 25andship will net you this guy for $120 pre-tax and free shipping on Thinkgeek tonight. Just a heads up from the 3Z Heisenberg thread. Thanks to brebro for pointing this out! Go rep him if you can!

^ Congrats! :) Looks like if you have patience you can pick up these GoT figures at a nice discount down the road.

I cut out the inner lining of Ned's cloak and it lays more naturally now. Companies are always doing this with cape, jackets, cloaks etc. and it's really unnecessary. So I cut them out if I feel it will enhance the look of the figure.

Two questions:
-What do I have to worry about when removing the rubber suit?
-Did anyone's gloves have a tackiness to them out of the box and the wash came off on their hands?

Two questions:
-What do I have to worry about when removing the rubber suit?
-Did anyone's gloves have a tackiness to them out of the box and the wash came off on their hands?

I reposed mine yesterday and had a fair bit of paint from the gloves rubbing off on my hands.

Has anyone who wanted the Ice sword used one of those letter openers that are available? I'm wondering about the scale.

Sean

The blade is a little bit smaller than the actual 1/6th sword so it is close to the right length but the girth of the hilt looks silly in his hands. I bought it for this purpose but once I posed him with it I thought it looked too much like an out of scale letter opener than a 1/6th sword unfortunately.

The blade is a little bit smaller than the actual 1/6th sword so it is close to the right length but the girth of the hilt looks silly in his hands. I bought it for this purpose but once I posed him with it I thought it looked too much like an out of scale letter opener than a 1/6th sword unfortunately.

Thanks for the info. Any photos?

Sean

Thanks for the info. Any photos?

Sean

239260ce2666db9080abd14b19e6287c.jpg

been some with ned and opener as well, not sure on what page but letter on right 3Z on left.
i pose my ned with opener and is good enough IMO.

If you put both hands over the hilt you won't even notice that it's too thick. It's a small detail and shouldn't stop someone with the regular edition from using the letter opener if they want a pose with Ice in it. I mean, come on, most people are content with displaying Star Wars Hot Toys with their original sculpts and that's a much scarier and noticeable proposition than sneaking a letter opener into a display.

239260ce2666db9080abd14b19e6287c.jpg
been some with ned and opener as well, not sure on what page but letter on right 3Z on left.
i pose my ned with opener and is good enough IMO.

Thanks! Yeah, they are very close. The real 1:1 sword is so massive that it looks bizarre anyway, and the letter opener is so close in scale to the 3Zero Ice that I don't think it would make much difference.

Now where to find one for a decent price?!

Sean

Back