Threezero - Game of Thrones - 1/6 Eddard (Ned) Stark Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He just posted this in his thread.

WIP
uploadfromtaptalk1440463632462.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Yeah, that is substantially better. That is amazing eye work. The only negative thing I'd say is that the seam is more prevalent now. I wonder if he could do something about that. Great,great repaint though.

Yeah, I do think they were using Charles Dance as inspiration there. Though I've seen pics of this figure before but this is the only angle that really pulls off a Tywin-esque look.

After taking another look at those pics from earlier this year of the Marcus figure, I have to ask, did they alter the sculpt a little bit? I'd really like to see that above pic with a repaint.

These pictures don't do the paint justice. I'll try to take some decent ones after work tomorrow. The gloves and boots actually look like leather instead of whatever kind of weathering the factory paint did.
I put up a before and after/WIP of the gloves to show how horrible mine were. Not sure if I got unlucky or if everyone's looked like that.

HUGE thanks to Mus_musculus for saving one of my favorite book/TV characters.

Strange the gloves look bigger/fuller with the repaint. I like them. I'm also liking the face repaint which removes that orange cast, but honestly, in most of the smaller photos it's very difficult to tell the face has been redone - easy in these last two.

Yeah, that's a massive difference. Much better. I'd like to see a pic where his eyes aren't in the shadows.
I'll pop his head off later and take a picture. I had his head bowed slightly for the pose. His eyes are now green instead of the blue that 3Z did.

Strange the gloves look bigger/fuller with the repaint. I like them. I'm also liking the face repaint which removes that orange cast, but honestly, in most of the smaller photos it's very difficult to tell the face has been redone - easy in these last two.
If I had 2 figures next to each other you could easily tell. The differences might be subtle from far off, but on the shelf I can see a huge difference to how it all was before. Here's one of Musculus's pictures before he got done with the repaint.

The main thing is that I'm happy with this figure now. I was a bit disappointed when I first got it. The clothes are excellent but the paint was a major letdown for me. Now I can really enjoy Ned.

Last edited:
I like that re-paint, really brings out the details in the sculpt. It makes me happy with the stock piece though too. While your repainted one looks superior, the stock one still looks pretty dang good next to it and I don't have the money to get a re-paint :D I think your version is the best it will get and the stock one looking pretty good next to it leaves me happy in the end :) Thanks for sharing the cool photos!!

hey guys, is there anyone who makes custom clothing? i really want brown leather stark armor.... many thanks

Try Geewhiz. Lots of people use them and love 'em. I haven't so I can't give you much more info than that.

Geewhiz Customs: Home

What exactly are you talking about when you say brown leather armor? Are you talking about the tunic Ned wears in Kingslanding?

Back