ThreeZero CHAPPiE 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion their policy what to include in the special editions of their figures is quite questionable, just look at the RoboCop and the human face...

I paid $230, thats insane. Im not trying to offend anyone when i say this but chappie was the original, im happy that the gangsta was the ex. Hes not gangsta until later on in the movie. If you missed out on it its not 3zeroes fault, they had it up for 30 days. If you snooze then you lose. People who feel that the ex should have been the retail are just upset they missed out or wanted the option to pay later. Ninja tk was only available for 24hrs, dont see people bitching about that. 30 days in this hobby should be plenty of time to scrape the funds together. Weve been talking about it for months and people were plenty kind enough to post preorder dates. I like it because then it holds value to the figure to have the most desireble hard to get. Theres been many times i missed out and had to suck it up and pay through the nose for something. I dont just call a company questionable.

Last edited:
I paid $230, thats insane. Im not trying to offend anyone when i say this but chappie was the original, im happy that the gangsta was the ex. Hes not gangsta until later on in the movie. If you missed out on it its not 3zeroes fault, they had it up for 30 days. If you snooze then you lose. People who feel that the ex should have been the retail are just upset they missed out or wanted the option to pay later. Ninja tk was only available for 24hrs, dont see people bitching about that. 30 days in this hobby should be plenty of time to scrape the funds together. Weve been talking about it for months and people were plenty kind enough to post preorder dates. I like it because then it holds value to the figure to have the most desireble hard to get. Theres been many times i missed out and had to suck it up and pay through the nose for something. I dont just call a company questionable.

I didn't watch the movie until last night, so naturally I'm upset about it. But I'm not too worried, I'm sticking to iconic figures in my collection and he hasn't reached that status yet.

However, RoboCop vs Chappie would be cool. :lol

Sorry that not everyone is on top of every figure that is available and when like you. There was no "snoozing" if I had no idea it existed until last night, that version was never on SSC so I had no idea there was an exclusive until I looked up the pictures on threezero's facebook page... I just seen the movie last night as well, so I had no interest in visiting this thread until I've seen it.

He had the orange arm for at least half the movie, and wasn't even "Chappie" until about 1/4 in anyway, so as far as I'm concerned the "gansta" version should have been the regular version. The regular version is just scout 22 to me.

What's the point of making such a substantial addition an exclusive anyway? They'd make more money if they just made them all the same, it's not like they see kick-back for second hand prices... Just because HT and Sideshow do it doesn't make it something worth doing, especially if it's a timed exclusive, not everyone see's every movie in theaters.

If they had a set production number like other companies, I wouldn't feel like it's a snub to customers. Someone said earlier that the 30 day exclusive is to ensure it says exclusive? That makes no damn sense. If it's only sold directly from them, it's an exclusive regardless. I wouldn't even know Threezero was a company if it wasn't for sideshow. HT and sideshow just let the exclusives sell out instead of only selling them for a certain time, and it works great for them. So how is that a sound business plan?

Exclusives should essentially be something thrown in that doesn't take away from the figure overall. And this does quite a bit, makes it almost an entirely different figure and because of that they lost a sale. There will be other people like me that had not seen the movie in theaters that will want this and feel left out... And this may have caused me to think twice before ordering from them in the future.

/Rant.

That being said, if anyone bought the exclusive and wants/plans to sell it after they get it, PM me and we can work something out... I really do want this so if you're serious and aren't going to gouge me [too badly :wink1:] I won't low-ball... I loved the movie quite a bit, I think it's Blomkamps best yet. Best non comic-book movie since Interstellar for me personally [I would buy McConaughey in a space suit]. I will own this one way or the other, but i'd like to avoid ebay if at all possible.

Last edited:
I didn't buy the exclusive because I couldn't afford to pay $230 when it was put up for preorder.

After rewatching the movie a couple of days ago, I would still be happy with the regular version. That is his first form as Chappie, right up to when ninja takes him into the streets to see the real world. It's Chappie in his most childlike form and I have no problem with that version of the character.

I also would like to have the ex, but the prices are always ridiculous in the aftermarket for ThreeZero exclusives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dont know why they do that. 3a/3zero is like a club, theyve always been like that. if you miss out theres no chance of them doing a reissue. they do it like that and theyve always done it that way. im not sure they really care if people miss out. they only reserve them until the deadline and thats the amount that they will produce thats all that there will be in the world. they dont make like 300 and sell out, if 1000 people order them then theres 1000, if 10 people order them then theres 10. you never know how many there are out there, i think thats sort of cool if you happen to score one. unfortunately it makes it hard for some people to get it. i missed out on both the mgs rex and ray exclusives and thats my favorite franchise. now if i want them i have to get gouged just to collect them. i dont feel entitled to have one just because i exist in this world. life just plain sucks sometimes, i just deal with it wherever i can.

dont know why they do that. 3a/3zero is like a club, theyve always been like that. if you miss out theres no chance of them doing a reissue. they do it like that and theyve always done it that way. im not sure they really care if people miss out. they only reserve them until the deadline and thats the amount that they will produce thats all that there will be in the world. they dont make like 300 and sell out, if 1000 people order them then theres 1000, if 10 people order them then theres 10. you never know how many there are out there, i think thats sort of cool if you happen to score one. unfortunately it makes it hard for some people to get it. i missed out on both the mgs rex and ray exclusives and thats my favorite franchise. now if i want them i have to get gouged just to collect them. i dont feel entitled to have one just because i exist in this world. life just plain sucks sometimes, i just deal with it wherever i can.

You could get the mini rex and mini ray thats out for preorders now from 3A :p

Hmmm didnt know there was an EX Chappie either. Doesnt bother me though as I got OCD when it comes to uniformity and that orange arm would bug the hell out of me :lol. As for the chains Ill just buy some on ebay for cheap.

he also has the die antwoord art/tattoos as well.

i have full size rex and ray but im also getting the 1/2 size. there isnt any perks or exclusives that make it necessary to order through 3a/3zero/bambaland for those.

I emailed 3zero last night and explained my situation about the timed exclusive isn't fair to those of us who didn't see the movie in theaters. I'm not even going to consider ordering a figure for a movie I haven't seen yet... They thanked me for my suggestion and offered me a spot on the wait-list.

I'll pick up the normal version when he hits SSC in fall. Probably knock the price down with rewards points. I'm not too upset about missing the exclusive. The bling looks a bit cheap; sure the arm is a nice touch, but he spends enough time all blue I think it's more than okay.

All that aside, I do think 3Z's exclusive policies are pretty ****** all around. I get what they're going for, but it's hard for a lot of folks to front ~$200 for a figure they won't see for ~6+ months, you know? I'd rather keep my $200 in case I need it or would rather purchase something else. This pay to win set up is fine if the exclusive is a fun but ultimately unnecessary add on, but things like Ghost with Jon Snow are a joke.

I think this should have been a swap in swap out situation, just like the arm is in the movie, and the graffiti and bling, along with perhaps one of the guns from the end of the movie (or maybe the grenade bandolier) be the exclusive.

I really enjoyed the movie; thought it was both well done and profound, a nice exploration of the creation of life. I had it from Netflix but bought the Target steelbook in case I really enjoyed it and they sold out after the fact; low and behold I did love it.

Right after the movie I told my buddy "the answer is yes to your next question", which unabashedly was going to be "you want a Chappie now, don't you?".

I don't like how Threezero do their preorders either. Same with 3A considering they are sister companies. It can be difficult for many collectors to pay the money up front. Especially seeing as you only have a one month window.

Even worse is when they put up multiple figures at once, like the TMNT ones that you get a much cheaper price if you buy them together than you'll be able to get them later. Thankfully I'm not interested in that line otherwise it would be a very expensive couple of months with the Jon figure up as well. I am lucky enough that I'm getting Jon as a gift, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to preorder the ex right now.

It would be great if they allowed deposits, but they probably don't want to deal with people cancelling and then demanding their deposit back.

So glad i got the Exclusive when they went up. Looks like it'll be harder to chase down.

Back