They're Here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess:Wood grain is looking fantastic, as I knew it would mate.

May need this technique on the Indy TLC fire place chairs (on another thread)

Have noticed a little alteration I’ll make on the next……the black sticky out bit on the back needs to be shorter and more coned (is that even a word?) you know have slantier sides (now that’s definitely not a real word) lol

So pleased with how this is turning out mate.

Going to be epic with the Carol-Anne we've got planned :wink1:

Jas

Oh Wow the suspense is killing me! Please don’t stop working until you have finished one and a Carol Anne for me please [emoji6]
Seriously though this is so amazing start to now.
Love the updates man well done!

Everything is looking really awesome! Wow I’m hooked. I really hope you guys will offer a small run for some of us cause I’m definitely in for this! Keep up the great work you are doing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:yess:Wood grain is looking fantastic, as I knew it would mate.

May need this technique on the Indy TLC fire place chairs (on another thread)

Have noticed a little alteration I’ll make on the next……the black sticky out bit on the back needs to be shorter and more coned (is that even a word?) you know have slantier sides (now that’s definitely not a real word) lol

So pleased with how this is turning out mate.

Going to be epic with the Carol-Anne we've got planned :wink1:

Jas

It came out pretty good in the end, I just need to make the grain a little smaller for scale.

Yes will be a good technique for those chairs mate and a bit easier on them as there is less surface area

Sticky out bit is a little bit bigger but doesn't really notice at all mate.

I've got some ideas for Carol Anne but will wait until I've got the walking dead doors and Shining done before I get her sorted

Oh Wow the suspense is killing me! Please don’t stop working until you have finished one and a Carol Anne for me please [emoji6]
Seriously though this is so amazing start to now.
Love the updates man well done!

Thanks mate,

I'm moving along with the TV but it will be a little while before I get to Carol Anne

Pete

Everything is looking really awesome! Wow I’m hooked. I really hope you guys will offer a small run for some of us cause I’m definitely in for this! Keep up the great work you are doing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will see what we can do but if we do any there will only be a couple

Pete

I'm moving forward with this project again

There is a silver trim on the real one that runs along the top and bottom of the screen and speakers. Jay has built this on the model but I wasn't sure if it would be better to paint it before or after the wood grain.

In the end I decided to do it first in case masking tape pulled the wood grain off when I removed the tape

Masking on

Sprayed aluminium and masking removed

I mangaged to get my colour mixes pretty close to the test piece and I made the grain a little bit smaller

I sprayed the test piece with clear orange to give it a bit more tone and add some sheen

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do this on the TV or go with a clear coat so I'll wait until everything's cured and then have a look and see what I think

Back to the to the Tv and I went with clear orange as it really does add a bit of depth

It looks much more orange in the pics than it really is, in hand it looks good

I took pics in different light but can't capture how it looks to the eye ( I'll take some against a plain background and that should help )

Looks good at the back and the channel number does steal a bit of light from the screen.

I need to tidy my work space again and then I'll set up a plain background so I can try and get some decent pictures, I'll do a quick video too if I can

Pete

Back