They're Here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that's where I'm at with it so far and I'll update again once I've made some more progress

Pete

Fantastic work mate, truly fantastic (didn’t Shaggy sing that?) lol.
I’ve said it before buddy, but imagining my builds with some paint on is really difficult but dang this TV already looks flipping brilliant.

Fantastic work mate, truly fantastic (didn’t Shaggy sing that?) lol.
I’ve said it before buddy, but imagining my builds with some paint on is really difficult but dang this TV already looks flipping brilliant.

It's a really cool build you have made Jay and I'm having a lot of fun painting

Pete

I glued the buttons on and cut and glued the red film behind the channel numbers

And dry fitted to see how it looks

Looks pretty good with some light behind it.
Hopefully the screen will light it up once it's all finished

I mentioned earlier that I wanted to cover the speaker grills in fabric. I'm going to try and use tights ( we call them tights but I think in the US it's pantyhose ? )
So I cut a pair up into smaller pieces

ive just stretched it over the speaker here but the effect looks pretty good to me

It's similar to the real tv

I took those pics yesterday and today I had a go at gluing the fabric on. It was a real pain as the material keeps wanting to curl up and it's easy to tear but I managed to get it done without getting glue over everything

It's a small detail but in hand it really makes a difference to the look

[emoji44] just saw this! Wow I’m impressed with the tv you’re working on. I’ve always wanted something like this in my collection. Absolutely loved the film. Poltergeist is one of my favorites. Is this a personal project or will you be offering those in a run??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji44] just saw this! Wow I’m impressed with the tv you’re working on. I’ve always wanted something like this in my collection. Absolutely loved the film. Poltergeist is one of my favorites. Is this a personal project or will you be offering those in a run??

Cheers mate

It's just a personal,project for now as I want to see how it turns out with the Woodgrain. If I can manage to pull it off without having too many issues there may be a very limited run of a couple but I'll wait and see how it turns out before I make a decision

Pete

This is so awesome brother!
Hurry so I can buy one please [emoji5]
Keep up the amazing work!! [emoji1305]

Glad you like it buddy, i love this movie so it's a lot of fun for me to paint.

im going to do some paint tests on some scrap plastic tomorrow to try and figure out the best way to get the Woodgrain effect, once I've figured that out it should t take too long to finish

Pete

Cheers mate

It's just a personal,project for now as I want to see how it turns out with the Woodgrain. If I can manage to pull it off without having too many issues there may be a very limited run of a couple but I'll wait and see how it turns out before I make a decision

Pete

Crossing my fingers that you will pull this off and offer some. If you do, sign me up! And we’ll need a Carol Ann figure to go with it! [emoji16]

Subscribing your thread!

Thanks for the kind words chaps, Looking awesome as always Pete.
I’ve no doubt the wood grain will look flipping amazing mate.

The “internals” have worked so much better than I thought they would it’s possible to watch the actual movie on that 1/6th TV :thud:

All the best
Jas

Thanks for the kind words chaps, Looking awesome as always Pete.
I’ve no doubt the wood grain will look flipping amazing mate.

The “internals” have worked so much better than I thought they would it’s possible to watch the actual movie on that 1/6th TV :thud:

All the best
Jas

Cheers Jay,

The working screen blew my mind mate. We've been working together for quite a while but you never cease to amaze me with your skills. I honestly have no idea how you manage to do this stuff it's incredible

Pete

I started today on the back panel

The real tv has a hardboard panel

Gave it a quick prime in grey and tried to keep it blotchy so the top coats would get a bit of tone underneath

Some awesome attention to detail by Jason on the antenna socket it just needed a little touch of black and silver paint

Then onto my test paint for the Woodgrain on a scrap of styrene

The grain is a little on the large side but I can refine that when I paint the actual cabinet it was more the colours I was concerned about and I think I've got pretty close here.
I'll spray clear orange over this tomorrow and that should help add a bit more tone

You can just see the yellow primer on the edge and the colour really gave me a head start in getting the look

Back