The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DVR is locked and loaded.:yess:

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss it. :(

I made plans that I can't back out of and not to mention, I don't have a DVR.

I'll expect a review from you all.

I may try to catch it Saturday night though, now that I think about it. I have the "Universal" network and on Saturday nights they replay RAW and Smackdown back to back. :rock

I don't care much for that old Triple Haitch, but I did enjoy his Undertaker confrontation with no words spoken.

Hacksaw's in the Hall of Fame. I never cared for him, either :lol , but I'm sure Skiman will be pleased.

glad to see old school wrestler back, the ones from the attitude era, HHH, UNDERTAKER and the ROCK, i might end up watching and enjoy WWE again like i used to!!!!

Stare down was pretty sweet but it's gonna take a lot more than that to top last week.

True that!! :rock :lol

I didn't care the Miz's little stunt tonight. I understand why he did it, but still...

But on the other hand, ever since the Rock showing up last week, I'm disliking Cena more and more. He's a great entertainer, but the Rock made me "see the light." :lol Then, when Cena started the rap battle, I kept thinkin' "Not cool, Cena....not cool."

I love how I get caught up in this. This is why I love the WWE. Never disappoints. :rock

I can't wait for the day Cena turns heel. It'll hurt them on merchandise sales, but it'll make for good TV.

He hasn't been a heel in ages. Whenever I thought it was a good time to turn him, McMahon just kept shoving him down peoples' throats as the primary baby face. I don't think McMahon is willing to take the risk with the merchandise sales as no one else is available to take his place. Randy Orton is a crappy good guy, Undertaker's gonna leave after Wrestlemania for another year long sabbatical. Triple Haitch is gonna destroy his knee at WM and be out for another year and a half (and is a pretty crap good guy in his own right). Rock will leave after WM, as well. Edge, Mysterio, and Big Show can't carry the mantle.

When I step into his shoes, I don't think McMahon has the option of doing that right now.

He hasn't been a heel in ages.

Cena was last a real heel before he first one gold at WM21, the WM before he beat Big Show in a david/golliath battle that signaled the end but once he won the big title against JBL and the crowd went nuts Vince kept him on the face path. The rapper gimmick died when Cena did the 'Marine' which he then adopted to help sell the flick and since then his gimmick has been a total mash up and hasnt really got any edge to it, Cena is just playing childs entertainer only being a slight heel when his opponent is much more popular ala HBK WM23 (or 99% of the time :lol ). Cena is such a good guy out of the ring with his generous donations to MaW foundation and his other external work it must be hard for WWE in general to flick him back to heel properly.

Taker will take his yearly leave again for sure, while he is a legend i do find him tough to watch as the years on his body show physically WM26 while fantastic he seemed to struggle, I'd rather he bowed out while he can still have a little mobility to reward himself with after a legendary WWE tenure especially since his character doesnt lend itself to GM Roles or commentating like Booker/JBL/Lawler.

On a WM related note i will seriously be disapointed if HHH ends the streak, that should be reserved for a new comer or building star who could use that privilage to elevate himself, with all of Haitchs acomplishments he doesnt need this one what so-ever.

Cena isn't bad. He's only as good as the material that he has in front of him from creative. Any wrestler that has worked for the WWE within the past decade would say the same thing. Vince seems to have everything down to a science and I don't see him changing a formula that is making him (and other investors in the company) a lot of money.

On a WM related note i will seriously be disapointed if HHH ends the streak, that should be reserved for a new comer or building star who could use that privilage to elevate himself, with all of Haitchs acomplishments he doesnt need this one what so-ever.
I don't think HHH has much of a chance. To let a guy come back from an ages-long injury and beat him after they only had a couple of months to build it up would be pretty lame. The streak is too big for that. I don't think a young star should necessarily beat UT either, though. I think it should be a John Cena-type that the WWE wants to show is truly the greatest star of his generation, which would be proved by doing something no one else could.

Cena isn't bad. He's only as good as the material that he has in front of him from creative. Any wrestler that has worked for the WWE within the past decade would say the same thing. Vince seems to have everything down to a science and I don't see him changing a formula that is making him (and other investors in the company) a lot of money.
I agree. Cena is actually quite good at what he does (which mostly is talk). But I wouldn't say that a guy is only as good as his material. You've got to have the look, and you've got to have charisma, or you aren't gonna get very far in Vince's world. Ric Flair could have read a McDonald's menu and had the fans on the edge of their seats. Owen Hart could have been given the greatest storylines and scripts in the history of wrestling and still wouldn't have been very good at the mike.

If Ted DiBiase jr had been handeled well or different from the start (i think Legacy was huge disapointment, it had so much wasted potential) i would of liked him to take the streak, it would give him just the right edge to place him outside of 'just another 3rd generation' and give him a legacy in his own right. However since he is mostly a mid-card flounderer i would love to see Daniel Bryan or even Wade Barrett given the task, a more established superstar like CM Punk would also do well with the acolade since i think he is the best worker in the WWE for a long time his heel run second to none even beating Jericho's last heel run which was fantastic for a while.

Back